Pumpkin and Frost Moons Guide

Empress wings are better than duke fishron wings, Empress wings are faster both horizontally and vertically the only advantage fishron wings have are the slightly higher flight time, which is obsolete if you have soaring insignia.

Once you get the soaring insignia I would argue that the hoverboard > duke wings, the have incredable horizontal acceleration, and if you never run out of flight time it basicly makes dash accesories obsolete.

Betsy wings are basicly the hoverboard on steroids, betsy wings+ soaring insignia grants the best pre moonlord mobility.

The witch broom is objectively better than the cosmic car key.
Added everything mentioned
Comletely forgot about Betsy wings

Soaring Insignia added to the universal accessories section
Witchs broom is now blue colored (S), Cosmic Key is green (A)

Added video examples for tiger recastView attachment Tiger recast.gif and dart pistol

Coin Gun buffed and has a new description. RIP money
I wish it had piercing for gold/platinum

New Resonance scepter test, Blade Staff added (try it with ichored Kaleidosope + Betsys Wrath, it gains sth like negative def, resulting in 50 dmg per hit)

Last edited:
I think that Ichor Arrows should be mentioned. I may be wrong about this, but in my opinion they are a bit better than Holy Arrows, because even though Holy Arrows can have very high DPS when the stars hit the target, Ichor Arrows are very fast, which makes it easy to hit moving bosses, and consistently inflict the Ichor debuff for as long as you hit the target, and for a bit afterward, while the stars spawned by Holy Arrows can miss the target if it's moving horizontally. Ichor Bullets are good too, but Crystal Bullets do more DPS because of the shards and Chlorophyte Bullets basically guarantee that every bullet will hit something, which is usually what you're aiming for.

Last edited:
I think that Ichor Arrows should be mentioned. I may be wrong about this, but in my opinion they are a bit better than Holy Arrows, because even though Holy Arrows can have very high DPS when the stars hit the target, Ichor Arrows are very fast, which makes it easy to hit moving bosses, and consistently inflict the Ichor debuff for as long as you hit the target, and for a bit afterward, while the stars spawned by Holy Arrows can miss the target if it's moving horizontally. Ichor Bullets are good too, but Crystal Bullets do more DPS because of the shards and Chlorophyte Bullets basically guaranteed that every bullet will hit something, which is usually what you're aiming for.
Ice queens are the only mini boss where you could argue for ichor arrows.

Pumpking and mourning wood are immune to ichor

Everscream and and santaks are large slow/stationary targets and thus are especially easy prey to the storm of stars your bow creates.

Ice queens are the only mini boss where you could argue for ichor arrows.

Pumpking and mourning wood are immune to ichor

Everscream and and santaks are large slow/stationary targets and thus are especially easy prey to the storm of stars your bow creates.
Uh, Pumpking and Mourning Wood are not immune to Ichor. I looked at their wiki pages and went through the balance changes in 1.4.1 and 1.4.1.2, and there was no mention of Ichor immunity, except for how certain ghost-like enemies such as Wraiths were changed to be immune to it in 1.4.1. Also, I think that Flockos and Elf Copters move around enough for the Holy Arrow stars to miss.

Oh, and how about 1000 reaction score for you?

Uh, Pumpking and Mourning Wood are not immune to Ichor. I looked at their wiki pages and went through the balance changes in 1.4.1 and 1.4.1.2, and there was no mention of Ichor immunity, except for how certain ghost-like enemies such as Wraiths were changed to be immune to it in 1.4.1. Also, I think that Flockos and Elf Copters move around enough for the Holy Arrow stars to miss.

Oh, and how about 1000 reaction score for you?
huh strange... I guess it was just really hard to notice the ichor glow on these, still the mourning wood is really big and slow and is super vulnerable to the star storm.

Guess you can add pumpking to your list.

What's reaction score?

Ichor arrow is only effective against single Ice queens, everything else is slow enough to be hit by stars.
Due to about 25 stars/sec spawned by the Tsunami, and 40 shards by the rapid chain gun, the ichor is super-useful
The combination of Holy arrow/crystal bullet + Ichor is arguably the best thing.
But switching between arrows or bullets in the inventory is too uncomfortable, thats why I recommend a dart weapon (ichor) + bow/gun (holy/crystal/chlorophyte) in a hotbar

And, funny enough, vs Mourning woods, Santanks, Everscreams, only the Tsunami/Eventide outperform Dart Pistol/Rifle + ichor dart in a close range fight, when darts havent split yet

With slower and ammo-converting weapons (pulse bow) weapons, venom ammo is a good idea. -30 HP/s debuff (no immunities in moons) and more base dmg for converting
I'll add venom ammo later and the Nail Gun, but hane no time currently

And, hey, take your 1002nd and 1003rd reaction point thing!

Edit: forgot to mention, HV bullets + ichor are great. (Tactical shotgun vs bosses, Chain Gun vs crowds)

Last edited:
How good are Durendal and Morning Star against these events? Dark Harvest is locked behind the Pumpkin Moon, so it can't be useful against it, and the Kaleidoscope drops from Empress of Light, which is pretty difficult with pre-Pumpkin Moon gear as a summoner.
Morning Star buffed with Durendal is slightly weaker than Dark Harvest only
(excluding Blade Staff, because it benefits from 14 tag dmg)

Morning Star buffed with Dark Harvest is slightly stronger than Dark Harvest only

Updated to be useful in 1.4.3

Sligthly canged some weapons' tiers according to all tests done previously
Mistake in Spectre Armor mechanics was corrected
Completely new mixed sets for melee and ranger

There is also an obscure glitch with Ravens, Stellar Tune and Rainbow Gun, but I'm waiting for future hotfixes to deliver more precise info
(or not to deliver if it is fixed)

Back
Top Bottom