Pumpkin and Frost Moons Guide

I honestly think golden shower shouldn't be considered a "universal" weapon, because, as you said, classes have other, better ways to apply ichor. Melee has flasks and ranged has bullets/darts, and summoner got flasks as well, meaning mages are the only ones who benefit from the golden shower, as they don't use swords, whips or guns/bows/dart weapons. I don't know if listing a utility weapon for a specific class would be fitting, but I feel like mages are the only ones who need golden shower now, and for them it's actually really good.
Gilden shower will be moved to the main magic section. I'll probably also revise dart weapons also, pistol for ichoring/disruption in FM 1st waves (e. g. Chain gun & crystal + dart & ichor)
Whips (in the next update) will be also focused on debuffing and synergies with minions

General ways of debuffing for each class will appear in specific strategies

• Only Pre-Golem loot (including Golem itself). Fishron and Empress loot is here too, as they can be defeated after Plantera.
This seem like a weird place to draw the line, Most Empress and duke weapons are just as strong if not stronger than stuff you get from martian madness and T3 OOA. I feel you should either include martian and OOA weapons or exclude Empress and duke weapons. Especially since you also included the terrisma which is clearly intended to be competitive with post moonlord weapons.

This seem like a weird place to draw the line, Most Empress and duke weapons are just as strong if not stronger than stuff you get from martian madness and T3 OOA. I feel you should either include martian and OOA weapons or exclude Empress and duke weapons. Especially since you also included the terrisma which is clearly intended to be competitive with post moonlord weapons.

I would say after Golem but before the Duke and Empress. Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon loot seems to be tiered specifically for these bosses for the most part, and most Duke or Empress drops outclass whatever you can get from the Pumpkin and Frost Moon.

Ok guys, lets approach this problem differently and look at the best *technically* possible loot at different stages.

#1: Plantera is killed. You have access to PM, FM, Fishron*, Empress and Golem, HM dungeon, Full eclipse

#2: To access OOA T3 and Martians you need one more step (= one tier higher) — to kill Golem

Guide should help with defeating an event/boss at its stage, and it is #1 section.
Golem loot is included; it is in line with moons
Terraprisma is also in-line as a *very special* Empress drop

*Can be killed pre-mech, but it is not for the most people. Plus loot is ~equal to Empress it power.

Ok guys, lets approach this problem differently and look at the best *technically* possible loot at different stages.

#1: Plantera is killed. You have access to PM, FM, Fishron*, Empress and Golem, HM dungeon, Full eclipse

#2: To access OOA T3 and Martians you need one more step (= one tier higher) — to kill Golem

Guide should help with defeating an event/boss at its stage, and it is #1 section.
Golem loot is included; it is in line with moons
Terraprisma is also in-line as a *very special* Empress drop

*Can be killed pre-mech, but it is not for the most people. Plus loot is ~equal to Empress it power.
Duke fishron and Empress of light have much higher stats, (health defense and damage) than golem, they are clearly intended to be fought after golem. If you want to include duke and Empress weapons that's fine, just be sure to include martian madness and OOA T3 as well.

Duke fishron and Empress of light have much higher stats, (health defense and damage) than golem, they are clearly intended to be fought after golem. If you want to include duke and Empress weapons that's fine, just be sure to include martian madness and OOA T3 as well.
I'll think about it, but my opinion is that Golem is too weak in 1.4 reality and should be buffed to to be at least closer to Fishron/Empress in difficulty, since they are all straight after Plantera

A lot of people use gear like Influx Waver, Laser Machinegun and Charged Cannon for these events – I agree. But its mainly due to jumping in tier, using weaknesses of the Golem

It seems that I will eventually include OOA and martians, just to avoid misunderstanding. And, after all, the more options, the better

Last edited:
Only Pre-lunar now.
But sorry, the next update will be only in 4-5 days
I also need to test combined sets sold by Tavernkeep in this case
Luckily, I have info about most of the weapons
Tested in my own tierlist-world

Spoiler: Charged Blaster Cannon (S+) is a monster
Electrosphere launcher (S) is very good too
Betsys Wrath is your new ichor, and powerful by itself
Influx is A only))

Update:

New Martians, OOA Weapons, Raven staff, Tempest Staff, Flairon, Whips

Golden shower moved to the main magic section

Debuffing ways added for every class

Cosmic car key added to mounts

Terra blade speeds are more informative

Magic class strategies, including Spectre armor analysis

Summoner gear

Mixed-class armor and gear

P.S New info about Influx waver, see the description

I've retested Wasp Gun + Spectre (mask) combo in Pumpkin Moon
Try it, very good, late 14th wave and fully homing
Aganist 4 and more enemies matches even with Scourge of the Corruptor/Bat Scepter! (~750 * 4 + 500 specte bonus) = 3500 Dps
A very special occasion, but it works in PM
In FM it is decent until the 1st Ice Queen
Buffed it, not in the C tier anymore

Last edited:
Just for fun:
Endgame gear.gif

Terraprisma was used with Stardust set
SDMG was used with luminite/crystal combo

Last edited:
Minishark is obviously too weak to use against enemies directly, but it can be used as part of a very specific cheese strategy. Due to its low base damage and use time of exactly 8, it is the best weapon for damaging yourself with Exploding Bullets and activating on-hit effects, the most relevant of them being Star Veil or Star Cloak. This combo is basically the same as pre-nerf Daedalus Stormbow, with the drawback of only being usable on the ground and only being able to target the middle of the screen. (And of course dealing 7.5 damage per second to yourself.) It may look situational, but can be used in 100% seriousness against Skeletron Prime and actually kills him incredibly quickly.

Jan-07-2021 18-04-17.gif
Rapid Chain Gun (use time of 3) + Explosive bullet? Seems like the brand-new, Cloak class-strategy
In defensive set, because of dmg taken by you and the same dmg of the Star cloak

Rapid Chain Gun (use time of 3) + Explosive bullet? Seems like the brand-new, Cloak class-strategy
In defensive set, because of dmg taken by you and the same dmg of the Star cloak
Taking PvP damage gives you exactly 8 frames of immunity, so it would be counterproductive to go any lower than that. There's a good reason why I mentioned that the Minishark's usetime is 8.

Taking PvP damage gives you exactly 8 frames of immunity, so it would be counterproductive to go any lower than that. There's a good reason why I mentioned that the Minishark's usetime is 8.
Yeah, exacly that
Havent played PvP at all, and unfamiliar with mechanics
Use time of 4 in theory should be not counterproductive in terms of hits to the player

Tried to kill Pumpkings with this on the platform above all mobs, and no, unfortunately it is not working
P.S Spinning Prime speed depends on your movement speed, wow

Last edited:
Update.
Tested Coin Gun in journey mode.
Platinum – final FM vawe, Gold – wave 15-16 (2 tries, hallowed helmet)
Buff: B to B+. Not A, gold coins are too exspenive.

Also new results for the Super Star Shooter in Journey. Slices through the PM, except single pumpkings. Lacks DPS vs Ice Queens.
Bearing in mind its inadequate cost (Coin Gun with Gold does more dps/ superior velocity) I do not recommend it. Use Hallowed repeater with Jester Arrows, total damage-per-star dealt is higher.
Nerf: A+ to A-

Celebration buffed to B+ (B- previously). Added results. Verdict is the same – use pumpkin launcher and stynger.

Piranha Gun, nerf. A to A-. As it damages only one enemy (or group) you are too vulnerabele to Elf Copters and need to re-aim a lot.

Deadly Sphere Staff results added.
Has a decent synegy with Firecracker, doubling its poor single-target damage.
Yes, the total boost is 10% lower than with Ravens, but it is additive.
Analysis:
Ravens already do about 3k single dps alone (10 slots), +700 Firecracker's dps is not a huge win. Plus other whips are well-paired with it. However, these 600-700 DPS are crucial in case of Deadly Spheres, as they do only 800-900 DPS themselves. Other whips are poor here. Thats why I think Firecracker is worth mentioning with Spheres.

Also, for fun:
Meowmere: FM total score 3560, final wave time 2.01.

Dart Pistol (Rifle) buffed from B+ to A. Viable against Ice Queens. You need either attack in a close range or when they stay at place. Ichor darts are the only option in this case, with their infinite-piercing/i-frame ignoring properties (when they haven't split yet). The result is wave 16 FM and PM wave 15. Yes, not obvious and a bit dangerous, but works fine.
On first waves cursed darts are effective (rain cursed flames, dont attack directly) or crystal darts.

See below (journey godmode, but wave results above are from regular master):
View attachment Dart pistol.gif
P.S. Try also to facetank 5+ pumpkings at wave 15. I guarantee you'll be impressed.

Wings and Mounts:
  • Fishron is solid S tier, Empress is S-.
  • Steampunk, Spooky, Festive, Tattered Fairy are all A+ tier.
  • Beetle and Spectre are in A.
  • Hoverboard may be in S- if you can use hovering ability effectively. For me, it is A.
In Expert and Master Modes, you may want to use flying mounts. Cute Fishron during the rain is the absolute best. Good otherwise. Also gains full acceleration and 15% damage bonus when you are under 50% HP. Bubble block strategy has one flaw – some projectiles (Bat Scepters’ bats) are destroyed. The Witch’s Broom and the Black Spot are decent (even in 1.4.1.2). If you have a platform line to compensate its flight height, Gelatinous Pillion is the most maneuverable mount (and allows some neat tricks on PM wave 15). You may swap your dash accessory in this case.
Cosmic Car Key is agile and responsive, but incompatible with bubble block strategy
Empress wings are better than duke fishron wings, Empress wings are faster both horizontally and vertically the only advantage fishron wings have are the slightly higher flight time, which is obsolete if you have soaring insignia.

Once you get the soaring insignia I would argue that the hoverboard > duke wings, the have incredable horizontal acceleration, and if you never run out of flight time it basicly makes dash accesories obsolete.

Betsy wings are basicly the hoverboard on steroids, betsy wings+ soaring insignia grants the best pre moonlord mobility.

The witch broom is objectively better than the cosmic car key.

Back
Top Bottom