Pumpkin Moon farm location?

Usmdesigner

Terrarian
I spent a lot of time making an arena for the event for pumpkin and the Martian madness but when I get to the location it stops.

Am I forced to build on my base?

Is there anyway to make my farm work without redo'ing it all again?

MM is, they only spawn near NPCs and the map's spawn point.
You can create a home and relocate an NPC into it, near your arena.

Pumpkin Moons, Frost Moons, Blood Moons, and Eclipses are not bound by NPCs/spawn points, they'll bother you everywhere.
Goblins, Pirates, and Martians are.

I wonder what's up with my world then. They spawn, then despawn. I went to my home and it comes back. So I then just started running to my arena and when I get about 10 seconds from my default spawn point, the event stops completely.

I also found a post saying the MM would work with an npc and put the party girl there. When I teleported from my base to my arena with her there, the event stops just like the Halloween does.

Now, my arena is 90 blocks left and right filled with lava where they can't spawn below me. I have a 40 block segment above me with a 10 block hole in it for them to spawn and drop down. Is this the issue maybe?

I'd have to see the arena to be sure, but yeah, it's possible to stop them from spawning by putting lava everywhere/walling areas off, so maybe you did just that.

Well I thought that might be the case but they do despawn as I'm running from my base to my arena. It's like if I get to far away they're done

I'm no where near my arena as I'm running to it

Pumpkin Moons, Frost Moons, Blood Moons, and Eclipses are not bound by NPCs/spawn points, they'll bother you everywhere.
Everywhere on the surface, that is. :)
Except sometimes the Ocean and Space - you may get an increased number of Ocean/Space enemies instead.

I spent a lot of time making an arena for the event for pumpkin and the Martian madness but when I get to the location it stops.
Some things to check:
Do you have Meteorite Ore in or near your arena?
In a Pumpkin/Frost Moon, does the progress bar disappear?
Are there lots of holes, tunnels or gaps where enemies could be spawning and not able to reach you?
Are the spawn areas potentially blocked by lava, traps, conveyors or some other kind of obstacle?

Please also attach a screenshot of your arena.

Are there walls in your arena? Because if not that might fix the problem. When they didn't spawn for me I put walls down and it fixed the problem.

Back
Top Bottom