Pumpkin moon help

Favorite PM boss?

• Total voters

UnawareBones

Terrarian
ok I never can kill the mobs fast enough to get to wave 15, and that's the problem. I'm just wondering how to kill mourning wood and pumpking faster. MY EQUPMENT:

Full turtle armor
Possesed Hatchet
Superior True Nights Edge
The rain cloud staff thingy
Unpleasant Inferno Fork
Greater healing potions

What should I get ?

DO NOT MENTION VAMPIRE KNIVES. DO NOT.

Would you consider using some traps and lava to help speed things along? Makes the earlier waves go faster so you've got more time for Wood and Pumpking. You may already have an arena with traps and such, but if you didn't you may want to think on it, I find they help a lot. Although some don't want to go that route.

Or how about trying out the mega shark with crystal or exploding bullets - chlorophyte bullets if your aim is subpar like me. :D

DO NOT MENTION VAMPIRE KNIVES. DO NOT.
Trouble with getting it, or just not a fan of vampirism? If it's just the former, the old Meteor Head method still works on mobile. Or it should anyway, unless they patched it to match 1.2.3.

Full turtle armor
Possesed Hatchet
Superior True Nights Edge
The rain cloud staff thingy
Unpleasant Inferno Fork
Greater healing potions
TNE isn't so good anymore post-plantera. It is preferable if you can get Terra Blade, but that's another issue I suppose.

With Nimbus Rod + Inferno Fork, have you thought of using Spectre Armor? Its healing and damage is still top notch, unlike in the PC version.

Trouble with getting it, or just not a fan of vampirism? If it's just the former, the old Meteor Head method still works on mobile. Or it should anyway, unless they patched it to match 1.2.3.

TNE isn't so good anymore post-plantera. It is preferable if you can get Terra Blade, but that's another issue I suppose.

With Nimbus Rod + Inferno Fork, have you thought of using Spectre Armor? Its healing and damage is still top notch, unlike in the PC version.

Actually, I DO have almost full spectre armor...
And getting a terra blade isn't hard for me, I DO have the True Excalibur somewhere...

I make it to wave 4 and then the daytime comes. I have a pretty good arena set up and all the good gear. I can't get the mobs to spawn fast enough to advance faster. Looks like I will have to play PC or console to destroy the Pumpkin Moon.

I make it to wave 4 and then the daytime comes. I have a pretty good arena set up and all the good gear. I can't get the mobs to spawn fast enough to advance faster. Looks like I will have to play PC or console to destroy the Pumpkin Moon.

One of the problems I had with my arena was that I had open tunnels below the arena close enough that mobs were getting stuck. I would check to make sure mobs have a clear path to your arena and are not spawning below your arena but off screen, that sped my spawn up immensely. I still was not able to kill stuff fast enough however. That is something I'm still working on. (If I could ever get another solar eclipse to spawn....).

One of the problems I had with my arena was that I had open tunnels below the arena close enough that mobs were getting stuck. I would check to make sure mobs have a clear path to your arena and are not spawning below your arena but off screen, that sped my spawn up immensely. I still was not able to kill stuff fast enough however. That is something I'm still working on. (If I could ever get another solar eclipse to spawn....).

Ya, I have everything filled in underneath me both ways for a long ways. Took a lot of dirt to fill everything in. Maybe one day they will get it figured out and make the nights longer or something.

Back
Top Bottom