Pumpkin Moon

AceRidleySlayer

Terrarian
Enemies don't seem to be spawning fast enough... I can mow down the few that show up, so DPS isn't the problem. What can I do to fix this? I use battle potions and water candles, but to no avail.

You may have already made sure of this, but do you have all the areas around you sealed up so that enemies don't spawn (and get stuck in) caves below you? Sometimes if you are on the ground fighting there will be places that are open underneath the ground that are open enough for enemies to spawn in and you never know they are there. They use up your mob limit thereby never giving you enough enemies above ground to kill and move on.

Also, some have said that building an arena to take care of enemies faster have helped make the Pumpkin Moon stages go faster.

And then still, some have tried all of this and don't feel that the night is long enough to properly get to the final phase.

Actually, I drained one of the oceans because of the sand, which doesn't allow caves, and i have a decent sized arena in said sand... However, 9 minutes doesn't seem like long enough to clear 15 waves. I have made it to wave 8, or so, but it seems the bigger my arenas get, the less luck I have.

Yeah, that seems to be the case for a lot of mobile players. Sorry. :(

There are some videos on YouTube if you do a search for "Terraria mobile Pumpkin Moon" that show getting to the final wave is possible. Maybe those have some better tips.

Water candles and battle potions do work, I saw about 4 mourning woods on wave 9. (Wave 15 is INSANE! I nearly died fighting about 12 mourning woods and 5 pumpkings at once!)

.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???.??????.???

Mourning Woods and Pumpkings spawn normally in these rates at the last wave without the need of water candles. I was running away from 7 Pumkings at the end, so it's pretty normal, even if it looks insane. Spawn boosters don't have an effect, you just have to make an arena with flat ground and no walls on the sides. I think it should make the situation a bit better.

In my opinion, the only way to be able to reach wave 15 is to build an arena with traps.

There are threads already about this.

Get your defense up to 67 and then build Joe Price's (DicemanX) cannonball arena:

You will need ~500 cannonballs if you pace yourself. I have reached Wave 15 by 1:30 am on mobile with this. After that, it's loot city. Keep in mind this method will burn dropped coins and Spooky Wood, but you will ultimately get the Raven Staff and nothing else will matter. Good luck!

Well, according to the wiki they do nothing
xo7ZrOy.png

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Pumpkin_Moon
Don't trust trolls. that page was probably vandalized

With the new Nebula armor this fight is quite laughable. I can finish it mid-way through the night and just play wave 15 for a couple minutes.

This entire fight is steered by you. Kill a ton of monsters and more will spawn. DPS is everything here. Use everything from following minions to AOE attacks. A great set I used as a mage was:
Razor Pine (Mythical)*
Frost Hydra (Mythical)
Optic Rod (Demonic)
Magnet Sphere (Mythical)*
Rainbow Gun (Mystic)*
Magical Harp (Mystic)*
Full Spectre Armor (Mask)*

The items with a * are certainly some of the best you can use on this. With the Magnet sphere moving and attacking a ton of areas you can launch one off and use something else. The Rainbow Gun and Magical Harp penetrate enemies so it's quite useful in killing hordes of enemies. The Razor Pine is kinda tough to get but once you get it you will know why I say you need it. Just keep firing at the Pumpking with it and he'll go down no problem. The armor is a must for the DPS.

Hope that was helpful

Don't trust trolls. that page was probably vandalized
Uh no. It would have been re edited should it not be true. The fact that that statement has been there for more than a month since i last checked, it means that the statement is true.

Uh no. It would have been re edited should it not be true. The fact that that statement has been there for more than a month since i last checked, it means that the statement is true.
That doesn't matter. it might just be that people didn't notice it.

That doesn't matter. it might just be that people didn't notice it.
Highly doubt it. With all the 1.3 update in PC, im sure people are too busy updating the wiki and fixing wrong information placed. Most likely at least a few people have checked the page.

Back
Top Bottom