PC Pumpking moon

Leo Attilio

Terrarian
Im having a ahrd time to pass through the 10th wave on this event, i already build a afk farm but even with that i cant reach the 15th wave, pleas helppp!!

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 102
Im having a hard time to pass through the 10th wave on this event, i already build a afk farm but even with that i cant reach the 15th wave, pleas helppp!!

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 68
Hi @Leo Attilio, looks like you made two of the same thread. Since duplicate threads are discouraged here, I combined them both into one thread. If someone can help with a strategy they’ll post. :)

The Pumpkin Moon is the easier of the two moons. My arena is made of two levels: a lower level for the weaker enemies to spawn on and an upper level of platforms where my player spends most of his time. The upper level needs to be above Mourning Wood to avoid contact damage. With this, I can easily get to wave 15 before midnight and finish with ~30 trophies of each boss.

If something this simple works fine, there are probably no issues with your arena.

If you're having trouble getting past wave 10, it sounds like you're not inflicting enough damage. It looks like you're playing melee? Some of these tips are specific for melee, so please disregard those if you're not playing melee. To play the Pumpkin Moon with melee, the damage output is the most significant part of the event. Try checking the following:
  • Make sure you use a good crowd control weapon. I personally use a Terra Blade for weaker enemies (it pierces and swings more quickly) and Vampire Knives when I need some healing. Influx Waver doesn't pierce and is slower. If you've beaten the Celestial Invasion, the Solar weapons are also great to use. Vampire Knives, Flairon and North Pole provide good crowd control by virtue of a significant number of projectiles.
  • Reforge your weapons to Godly or Legendary. Reforge your accessories to Menacing. With Godly Vampire Knives and Menacing accessories, it's possible to get to wave 15 standing still and only using the V-Knives!
  • Equip damage increasing accessories such as the Celestial Stone/Shell.
  • You may want to consider the Beetle Scale Mail instead for increased damage.
  • Check if there are any holes or gaps nearby where some spawns are congregating and your weapons/summons aren't reaching them.
  • Use a flask to improve your damage. Ichor Flask is great for this.
There is a concept of "piercing damage" within Terraria. If an enemy is taking piercing damage, it will not take damage from any other sources. This means your 300 damage Influx Waver is having no effect while a Deadly Sphere is inflicting only 50 damage. I am not certain if Deadly Sphere inflict piercing damage or not, but summons that do damage via enemy contact usually inflict piercing damage. Using the Tempest Staff instead might help.

I hope that helps! Good luck with the Pumpkin Moon!

thankss man, i'll try again, that tips really helps me a lot, i can send u a picture of my weapons and you can tell me which are the most appropriate for the pumpkin moon

I just killed the duke fishron and get some loots, so there are all my weapons, wich ones you recommend?

Attachments

• Sem título1.png
    Sem título1.png
    436 KB · Views: 126
  • Sem título3.png
    Sem título3.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Sem título2.png
    Sem título2.png
    590.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Sem título4.png
    Sem título4.png
    394.5 KB · Views: 124
It looks like you're playing melee based on the Beetle Armour? If you're not playing melee, I'm not sure what would be best as I don't often play ranged or magic.

For the early waves, use a weapon that can hit multiple targets. You'll want to pick off the weak enemies quickly. Vampire Knives can do this, but your arena has a good setup for healing, so you might not need them. Alternatively, use the North Pole, aiming upwards at a slight angle away from your character. You want the snowflakes to rain down on the enemies. The Wiki page on North Pole has a GIF demonstrating its usage. If you get a Flairon, aim horizontally across from your character. The bubbles produced by the flail home on enemies. That is, don't target the enemies with the flail itself.

In the later waves, when Pumpking starts spawning, switch to Terra Blade or Influx Waver. Ignore the other enemies unless there are no Pumpkings on the screen. Leave the weaker enemies and Mourning Wood for your summons and traps to pick off. Pumpking gives the most points for advancing to the next wave, so you'll want to focus on Pumpking.

In your accessories, swap out the Mana Cuffs, Mana Flower and Ninja Gear for something to help with melee. (You might already be doing this, but changed for the screenshots?) You can swap them for the Star Veil and Ankh Shield.

Vampire Knives can be handy when you're close to dying, but definitely avoid using them as much as you can, because they really hurt your damage output.

Weapon wise, I love the Flairon, and its homing bubbles will do major damage to the Pumpking. I'd use that (and forge it to Godly). I don't see it in your screenshots, but since you apparently have no problem defeating The Duke, it's definitely worth slaying him a few more times for it.

Try to get a Celestial Shell, Destroyer Emblem, Ankh Shield, and Cross Necklace, and possibly also a Mechanical Glove, but you'll also need wings, so you'll have to drop one.
If you have the money for it, forge them all to Menacing. Some prefer Lucky, but personally I Think increased base damage is more important in order to get through an enemy's armour.

Also, everything Sigma90 said.

Also also, I need to replay this game again. It's been too long. I can hardly remember how I got through the pumpkin moon myself. x__x

Back
Top Bottom