Items Purity Biome Chest

Athrisir

Terrarian
Hi everyone! After my last suggestion gained so much popularity, I thought it was time to make another one. I'd appreciate any feedback you guys may have, please don't post just a word or to. EXPLAIN why you do or do not support this idea. Thank you!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​
So, it doesn't make sense why the Forest/Purity biome doesn't have a key drop. Every other biome does, (except for the desert, which is something I might do later) and they are a neat little addition to the game. Well, today I bring you the Purity Chest! (Featuring Sprites!)

First, the key:
index-6.png

Purity Key
Unlocks a Purity Chest in the Dungeon
(Sprite by @Jack Morgan)

And now the chest:
index-5.png

Purity Chest
Can be placed
(Sprite by @Jack Morgan)

Obviously, our weapon:
Imported piskel (2).png

Wrath of the Earth

25 Magic damage
15% Critical Strike chance
Average Speed
Weak Knockback
Uses 10 Mana
"Unleash the fury of the Earth on to your enemies"
(Sprite by @ThatOneKiwi)

The weapon would function similar to the Lunar Flare, but with vines, thorns, and pebbles rising out of the ground and traveling straight up for 4-5 seconds before disappearing. This weapon is useful for crowd control as the vines would be able to pierce an infinite amount of times before despawning. The vines would also ignore up to 20 defense.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

So, what did you think? Please share your thoughts with me, as I cannot improve without criticism. Thanks for reading!​

Last edited:
Not a bad suggestion. The purity doesn't need a weapon, though, since 1, the "Purity" is pretty much just a default biome that exists mostly just to get bulldozed by the spreading biomes, and doesn't really have much anything special to its name, and 2, the Dungeon Chest items are already balanced in that they have one for each class (No, Throwing doesn't count for that, since it's not a real class).

Anyhoo, redid the two sprites you have just to look a bit more Terrarian.

Imported piskel.png
TCF (1).png

Not a bad suggestion. The purity doesn't need a weapon, though, since 1, the "Purity" is pretty much just a default biome that exists mostly just to get bulldozed by the spreading biomes, and doesn't really have much anything special to its name, and 2, the Dungeon Chest items are already balanced in that they have one for each class (No, Throwing doesn't count for that, since it's not a real class).

View attachment 102479 View attachment 102478

The "Summoner" weapon is just a turret, though, and not a real summon.

The "Summoner" weapon is just a turret, though, and not a real summon.
Still does summon damage, which is good enough. Nor does that apply to the argument against this suggestion. If there was also a traditional minion, then that'd be a different story.

25 damage seems a bit weak for a late hardmode weapon? That's even weaker than the Vampire Knives and the VKs have Lifesteal. You said it would be "similar to the Lunar Flare", so I assume you still get that initial "boom"? Perhaps the initial boom is more like 50 damage and then you get the 25 damage stuff coming out of the ground?
I forgot to add! It pierces defense
[doublepost=1459351960,1459351910][/doublepost]

View attachment 102479 View attachment 102478
Ill definitely use those! Thanks!

For a Endgame weapon, its kinda weak. Up the damage a bit to make it on Par with Vampire Knives Damage.

The effect could be a little different. When used, 4 Spikey Stalagmites rise from the ground. Upon contact, the Mob is stunned for 5 seconds while continuously taking damage.

Now when they rise from the ground, I dont mean vertically. Hmm how do I do this...

Like:
X - Mob
/ - Stalagmite
_ - Space/Block

Here's how it goes:
_________/__/x\__\_______??

For a Endgame weapon, its kinda weak. Up the damage a bit to make it on Par with Vampire Knives Damage.

The effect could be a little different. When used, 4 Spikey Stalagmites rise from the ground. Upon contact, the Mob is stunned for 5 seconds while continuously taking damage.

Now when they rise from the ground, I dont mean vertically. Hmm how do I do this...

Like:
X - Mob
/ - Stalagmite
_ - Space/Block

Here's how it goes:
_________/__/x\__\_______??
That would miss the mob, unless said Stalagmites were long.

I have never sprited a damn thing in my life, however, I wish to try for your Weapon :p

You should make the weapon do summon damage (actual minions unlike the frost hydra) and it would spawn rolling boulders with some moss on them that would follow you around and shoot tiny balls of grass at enemies. When they touch the enemy (melee attack) it would do 30 damage. When they shoot balls of grass (ranged attack) it would do 40 damage and inflict the poison debuff. Anyway I love the idea.

The only biome('s) chests that in my opinion could be added is a desert/mushroom biome chest (since desert is the alternative to ice and mushroom is an alternative to jungle). Since forest is a default biome has no requirements (at all) to appear, it shouldn't really be seen as an proper biome.

Back
Top Bottom