NPCs & Enemies Put your characters in worlds as NPCs.

I doubt they would cause lag unless they had a super complicated AI
Zombies have pretty simple AI, but they can cause lag in high enough numbers. The enemy spawn cap is more of a difficulty thing than an anti lag thing, but it will still cause lag if there are enough of them.
We could have 2 sets of NPCs. Passive and Aggressive.
Aggressive would be the only ones able to attack.

We could set a limit to both like Aggressive - 10 max
Passive - 100?
I could bring up an argument against that, but once again, this is a suggestion for aesthetic PNPCs not functional ones.

This will be a gift for PC players but limited to Console players.
Console players has like,5 slots lol

Also,it will fit the NPCs are more lively in the 1.3 update.

Also,it will fit the NPCs are more lively in the 1.3 update.

Well, PNPCs would probably not be able to sit like normal NPCs will, for the same reason players won't be able to- the massive amount of sprites that would need to be made.

I concur. There are too little available NPCs as it is. Two questions though, would they lessen/stop enemy spawns like regular NPCs and would they be able to live in Corruption or Crimson UNlike regular NPCs? (You can have a spawn point in Corruption or Crimson you know, I've tested!)

I concur. There are too little available NPCs as it is. Two questions though, would they lessen/stop enemy spawns like regular NPCs and would they be able to live in Corruption or Crimson UNlike regular NPCs? (You can have a spawn point in Corruption or Crimson you know, I've tested!)

I'd assume they would have the same living requirements as normal NPCs. They might not lower enemy spawnrates for balance purposes, though.

But if they do not lower enemy spawn rates, any cities with not enough standard NPCs are going to get slaughtered by Living Armors if you come close enough at night, no? I understand it might be hard to balance, though. Still, you have my support either way. Even if there's no practical use to them, they stand around and make things look nicer which is a function enough for me!

Love this suggestion, would be great for towns which look like they're post-apocalyptic with the lack of NPCS.
Full support.

That's not really much different from putting endgame items in a chest and taking them out with a different character.

*e* ... Did this comment really deserve six likes? :confused:

*e2* ... Seriously, people? Why is this still getting likes?
I like this :p
[DOUBLEPOST=1451578100,1451577852][/DOUBLEPOST]Both your post and the idea
It could be lagging a lot
I finite housing
And max character is 1000
Lots of lag
Maby max 10 player npcs?

I'm kind of trying to think about the adventure map possibilities. Instead of a sign you could use a character. I'm not very imaginative.

This thread could use a little attention.

Why are people so worried about the sprites? Just reuse the animations that already exist. They wouldn't be able to sit or chat, which is a problem, but that can be easily fixed

YES YES YES THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING SUGGESTION. you could submit your character in the generator, and theres a button in housing called 'select custom npc' and theres a list of people who submitted their character, and the custom npcs alternate defense weapons through weapons in the hotbar

*edit: and if the player that submitted the npc is playing terraria, there will be a button that says invite player and if u click it it sends them an invite without the complicatedness (if that's even a word) of steam, and when you submit a npc, you can write custom dialogue for that npc, and the npc would sell random things everyday, like a permanent travelling merchant, exept it can sell any item in the game, as long as you are at that current progress. for example, it will sell only a venus magnum or a soul staff until you have beat plantera

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom