NPCs & Enemies Put your characters in worlds as NPCs.

What the nerd said. When they magic mirror out, they vanish from the world, and need to be manually re-added through however you do that. Probably selecting them from a drop down list of your characters under the housing tab and telling them to live in a house.
In that case:

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval

Last edited:
Okay, but what if I delete a character that's in another world? Does that character stay or disappear forever?

Dude, this idea is surelly amazing, i remember that i tried to do something like that on my mod, but didn't ended that well.
But one thing i have to say, if the developers get interessed on the idea, might give the developers some job to do this.
But either way, this might be interesting if you are playing on single player mode, at least takes off part of the loneliness.

I like this. Could you customize their names, and have like, Jane the Adventurer? Boris the Warrior? Stuff like that?

I like this. Could you customize their names, and have like, Jane the Adventurer? Boris the Warrior? Stuff like that?

If you make a new character named "Jane the Adventurer" and open a house for them to live in, they'll move in and be named the same name you gave them on character creation.

I definitely think that if they are attacked by an event enemy/boss they Magic Mirror (or Recall Potion if they don't have one) out and only come back when the event/boss is over. You could even give them silly quotes, unfortunately I can't think of any good ones right now.

I definitely think that if they are attacked by an event enemy/boss they Magic Mirror (or Recall Potion if they don't have one) out and only come back when the event/boss is over. You could even give them silly quotes, unfortunately I can't think of any good ones right now.

Maybe there could be a mirror furniture item, and when used, you could give yourself quotes that would pop up when you were talked to in NPC form. Think of it as your character practicing their lines in front of a mirror.

Maybe there could be a mirror furniture item, and when used, you could give yourself quotes that would pop up when you were talked to in NPC form. Think of it as your character practicing their lines in front of a mirror.
That's not a bad idea.

the only thing that seems off is how no one can think of criteria to fill for the characters to start spawning. maybe you can find a certain item rarely in a chest/shadow chest that when you place, your characters can start traveling to that world.

the only thing that seems off is how no one can think of criteria to fill for the characters to start spawning. maybe you can find a certain item rarely in a chest/shadow chest that when you place, your characters can start traveling to that world.

I don't see the need for a criteria to let them spawn in. After all, it's not like they do anything.

But, I suppose we could make it so they can't be spawned in until the mirror item I proposed earlier was unlocked on that world.

It'd be better if u could make them hostile along with passive and(this may be hard) have intelligence and start killing monsters and finding better ways to evolve and get stronger
[DOUBLEPOST=1419818768][/DOUBLEPOST]Be a bit crazy but it could work imagine you make a character and put them at 200 hearts and put them to guard your castle BAM TYPICAL GUARD LIKE FROM ZELDA
[DOUBLEPOST=1419818912][/DOUBLEPOST]I would make a guard in lead armor it may be weak but its simple and easy to make imagine 10 of those guarding the floors of your castle!!

It'd be better if u could make them hostile along with passive and(this may be hard) have intelligence and start killing monsters and finding better ways to evolve and get stronger
[DOUBLEPOST=1419818768][/DOUBLEPOST]Be a bit crazy but it could work imagine you make a character and put them at 200 hearts and put them to guard your castle BAM TYPICAL GUARD LIKE FROM ZELDA
[DOUBLEPOST=1419818912][/DOUBLEPOST]I would make a guard in lead armor it may be weak but its simple and easy to make imagine 10 of those guarding the floors of your castle!!

While this could be cool, it would also be OP. You could cheese any boss by just having 50 people with late pre-hardmode gear.

Back
Top Bottom