Items PvP ranger

Would it be nice to have a more combatitive version of shroomite armor?

• Yes because it's good to have choices

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ghostly!

Wall of Flesh
You know being on a PvP server starts to make you question the ranger class some times , yes shroomite has its invisibility damage ability but it's not necessarily beneficial in player combat. Shooting and hiding can be hard to do sometimes , considering you must constantly move position .I do play ranger a lot so I'm skilled but even then the ability of shroomite goes only so far. In PvP there really is no sitting , yes with shroomite you must play smart but sometimes it's just not the best tactic to go.( and being still is required for using this armor)

Phantom Armor is my suggestion ( hope the name was good enough) is a more active ranger set while moving than simply standing still.

Over all stats:
46 defense
10% fire rate
5% ranged damage
20% not to consume ammo
25% movement speed

Phantom Headgear
12 defense
10% fire rate
15% chance to not consume ammo

Phantom Breastplate
26 defense
5% ranged damage
13% movement speed

Phantom leggings
10 defense
12% movement speed
5% chance not to consume ammo.

Set ability: Moving increases ranged abilities , ranged attacks can also raises movement speed. While moving all ammo and ranged weapons get increasing +15% and +25% fire rate gradually. Also while moving this gives the player a 9% chance to dodge attacks( stacks with MNG only)

How is it crafted ? That will be provided
Crafting recipe: ( at Auto Hammer)
-Shroomite mask,helmet or head gear
- Shroomite breastplate
- Shroomite leggings
- 55 ectoplasm( total)
- 45 souls of night(total)
This is I believe seems reasonable enough ,if its too much I will change this .
In addition of the new armor I would like to add Ghost and phantom bullets/ arrows because ectoplasm can use some ranged recipes.
-Ghost bullets pierce through mobs , each pierced mob takes 50% more damage than the previous mob.
Crafted with 50 empty bullets +5 ectoplasm
- Phantom arrows pierce all wall types up to hell stone , these arrows inflict a special buff called Wisp Inferno which slows movement of target and makes them take damage over time.
Crafted with 50 chlorophyte arrows + 5 ectoplasm

That's the idea I had maybe it will change your mind on how shroomite can be a liability in PvP.
Again I think the armor would be nice for people who are ranged and wanna get dirty with the weapons they like.
Definitely tell me your opinion on such a armor like or dislike its crucial to me so I can balance that all out.
Thingo.png
View attachment 191070

Last edited:
Have you tried Shroomite Armor in PvP? I'm guessing you aren't using the Sniper Rifle? You can wreck absolutely anything not wearing a Beetle Shell in two hits.

This is all a matter of opinion anyways.
If you ask me, the Stake Launcher is better. It's fast and hits hard. Anyways, on to the actual post:

To something as minor as PvP, we don't need a completely new armor for it. I'm also assuming that you are either awful at ranger or haven't used it in PvP, because the ranger class is the most broken class (in my opinion) when it comes to PvP. The ranged class has several weapons that can kill a player (even when the other person is wearing beetle armor) in about half a second. No support.

Try fighting the enemy without hugging them. That worked wonders for me the few times I PvPed while limiting myself to weapons and gear tagged as "ranged."

And PvP is just a bonus feature, anyhow. The one who dodges better and hits faster wins - no matter whether they choose to limit themselves or not.

If you ask me, the Stake Launcher is better. It's fast and hits hard.
Definitely. The fact that you can attach a Sniper Scope means you can completely replace the Sniper Rifle. Nothing is worse in PvP than getting pwned by a constant bombardment of 200+ damage projectiles coming from an invisible player that's a screen away.

Anyways, OT, I think that the best solution would be one that changes the Shroomite armor options to have specialized uses rather than adding an armor that acts as a side-grade would be ideal. The point of having different helmet options is to remove the need for adding different armors in the first place, because you can have one armor with multiple uses. At the moment, Shroomite armor doesn't reflect this. No one cares what weapon type they're getting a damage bonus for unless you're switching between different kinds of weapons, at which point it's just silly and inconvenient. (I have a thread about my solution to this, but it doesn't relate to the problem in the main post.)

As for the idea itself, frankly, that is crazy freaking OP and needs to be nerfed badly. That would completely outclass everything else in the game and make boss (or player) wrecking far too easy. Since moving is something a player (who isn't wearing Shroomite) does already, those insane bonuses are basically just part of the armor itself, and any armor with bonuses that big is not very balanced at all. That ridiculous damage bonus paired with bouncing projectile spam (which is probably impossible to implement, btw) means that Phantom armor would completely eclipse any other armor in the game.

One last thing: PvP balance carries no importance when compared to PvE. People seem to be forgetting that.

Last edited:
+45% damage? Seriuosly? This would cause me a hearth attack in PvP servers...
actually it's not directly 45% damage when you move like it's it gradually adds damage over time as your moving. It's applies the same amount of damage as if your not moving in shroomite.
Further more I'd prefer a ranger armor that deals with at least a little more moving as to standing in a spot ( although you can really troll like that :p) I would definitely not say its required of somebody to wear the armor but an option between if you want to move around PvP as a ranger or not.
I read all tv comments so I wi take all of your advice and especially change the damage as for the set.

actually it's not directly 45% damage when you move like it's it gradually adds damage over time as your moving. It's applies the same amount of damage as if your not moving in shroomite.
Further more I'd prefer a ranger armor that deals with at least a little more moving as to standing in a spot ( although you can really troll like that :p) I would definitely not say its required of somebody to wear the armor but an option between if you want to move around PvP as a ranger or not.
I read all tv comments so I wi take all of your advice and especially change the damage as for the set.
even that way, it should be as much 30% since you move all the time in pvp...

this isn't necessarily needed, as with the right armor and accessories you can do as much damage as shroomite with cloak engaged.

Terraria isn't build for PvP, its build for PvE.
If the devs were to balance everything for both PvP and PvE, there will be a lot to do if you ask me.

I never used shroomite armor in PvP but I always imagined it would be by far the best armor, and I felt like the set bonus was designed for PvP instead of PvE.

Terraria isn't build for PvP, its build for PvE.
If the devs were to balance everything for both PvP and PvE, there will be a lot to do if you ask me.
Very true that is. Either one armor is too strong or too weak and I can see that being problems . Not sure how that is ever to be fixed

I never used shroomite armor in PvP but I always imagined it would be by far the best armor, and I felt like the set bonus was designed for PvP instead of PvE.
thats what many people think, but they forget the fact they have health bars below their feet which kinda blows their cover. :cool:

Im not a ranger in any way, so i have no idea whats "good" for rangers, but this sounds like a cool idea. I dont see why i wouldnt support this.

thats what many people think, but they forget the fact they have health bars below their feet which kinda blows their cover. :cool:
Idk if i turned off a setting or something, but for some reason a buch of the icons (like NPC house banners and sometimes health bars) don't show up for me most of the time. The only time i can see a health meter is when the player/enemy isnt at full HP. Do you know how to fix this? Btw i got the game from GoG if that means anything.

Im not a ranger in any way, so i have no idea whats "good" for rangers, but this sounds like a cool idea. I dont see why i wouldnt support this.
whats good for rangers imho is staying on your feet and dodging incoming flurries of terra beams, which this armor does, but seems a bit unnecessary in and of itself, shroomite armor is already specialized for many situations and would be just as good in pvp if it had a better set bonus.
Really? I had no idea... they should fix that.
fix what? the health bar or the set bonus?

Back
Top Bottom