Pylon houses

gemma

Terrarian
The new Pylons got me really into building and I'd like to share my creations for each one of them :D. I am really proud of most of these, and you can definitely see which one I built first (forest) and wich one last (cavern) lol. I'd love to see yours too if you did themed houses for each pylon, post them below if you like :D

Jungle greenhouse:
Capture 2020-05-21 22_41_39.png

ocean light house
Capture 2020-05-29 15_29_23.png

cavern lava temple (I had to add some invisible blocks because my NPCs kept killing themselves by walking into the lava lol)
Capture 2020-05-29 15_45_45.png

Hallow castle + old ones army arena (I kinda wanted to add a big glass rainbow over the whole thing but I was too lazy :p )
Capture 2020-05-29 15_33_58.png

Desert Taj Mahal (it looks a bit weird because of the deformations of the heat waves in the desert)
Capture 2020-05-29 15_38_22.png

Snow village
Capture 2020-05-29 15_32_33.png

forest Tree houses
Capture 2020-05-29 15_31_37.png

I don't have one for the general pylon because completing the beastiary is too much work lol

That lighthouse! I need to make one of those on my map. The greenhouse is also quite charming! You should paint the pylon in the underground to an orange color to make it better match its environment.

**Edit: Never mind. I just tried painting a pylon. Looks like it will only apply to the non-crystal part.

Last edited:
That lighthouse! I need to make one of those on my map. The greenhouse is also quite charming! You should paint the pylon in the underground to an orange color to make it better match its environment.

**Edit: Never mind. I just tried painting a pylon. Looks like it will only apply to the non-crystal part.

Thank you! I believe I already painted it orange in this image lol. it doesn't work indeed :p

Hey again! I was wondering, could you maybe attach the .wld file? I think it would be cool to look at the houses in-game and as a reference for some building styles... Thanks!

Capture 2020-05-26 12_51_58.png

This is my Hallowed Pylon build that I did while I was progressing through the game. It took me a while to build as I wanted a lot of things in hardmode, but I liked how it turned out. Unseen in the picture are two natural floating islands to the left and right that I purposely built between to make it look like it was trying to blend in with the environment.

I love your Hallow/Old One's Army Arena. Is that flower wall with negative paint I spy?

For your waterfall, I've always liked smoke blocks with negative paint for the foam. No red glow!

I love your Hallow/Old One's Army Arena. Is that flower wall with negative paint I spy?

For your waterfall, I've always liked smoke blocks with negative paint for the foam. No red glow!
You spotted it right! and thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try it next time :)

View attachment 275096

This is my Hallowed Pylon build that I did while I was progressing through the game. It took me a while to build as I wanted a lot of things in hardmode, but I liked how it turned out. Unseen in the picture are two natural floating islands to the left and right that I purposely built between to make it look like it was trying to blend in with the environment.
Cool! thanks for sharing!Attach files

Back
Top Bottom