Items Pyramid Crates

cahd

Terrarian
With the upcoming Labor of Love update being focused on quality of life updates, I wanted to suggest a quality of life change to fix my least favorite aspect of the game - pyramids. Everyone knows the pain of trying to get a bundle of balloons in pre-hardmode only to find that your world has no pyramids or the only pyramid has a Pharaoh's set. So you have to either live with it or keep making new worlds until you get one, which always feels a little like cheating. Why should such a good accessory be completely unobtainable in the vast majority of worlds? It feels really weird that pyramids are one of the only chest loot pools to not have a corresponding crate, yet they're the ones that need it the most by far.

That's where a Pyramid Crate would come in. Normal Oasis/Mirage crates could stay in the Surface Desert fishing pool, while Pyramid Crates could replace the Oasis/Mirage crates in the Underground Desert fishing pool. They would have drop either a Flying Carpet, Sandstorm in a Bottle, or Pharaoh's set, as well as all the other normal crate stuff (money, ore, potions, bait). If that feels a bit too sparse to justify its own crate, you could also add the pyramid banners to it, which are also commonly unobtainable in a given world.

Alternatively, I've seen a lot of people suggest that the pyramid loot pool should just be added to the existing Oasis/Mirage crates, but that would make it very crowded considering they already have many more possible drops than most crates. I also had a few ideas for the hardmode name for the Pyramid Crate: Tomb Crate, Catacombs Crate, and Necropolis Crate. But I'll leave that up to someone more creative to me.

Pyramid crate would be way too op cause both sandstorm and carpet are really strong movement items and the fact that u could get them without searching for pyramid is way too broken,however second suggestion is good.They should be added in desert crate but with lower drop rates so if someone really wants bundle they would need to grind fish for it

Pyramid crate would be way too op cause both sandstorm and carpet are really strong movement items and the fact that u could get them without searching for pyramid is way too broken,however second suggestion is good.They should be added in desert crate but with lower drop rates so if someone really wants bundle they would need to grind fish for it
Digging is so much harder than fishing? Don’t see how this is too op.

Back
Top Bottom