Items Pyramid loot should be added to the Desert Crates.

I would not mind finding that loot in crates, finding pyramid loot is a pain. It seems they made pyramids even rare than they where in the past. I literally made like 100 new worlds just to get the carpet and bottle. Ironically, around the 100 world I decided to play my main world just to find a pyramid deep in the sand with the paraon set that I was missing. Who knows how many days I would need if that had not happened to find that set. Making 100 new large worlds takes time, running to the desert and looking takes more time. Fishing takes time too, but at least you don't need to make 100+ new worlds to get the loot. I rather spend a day fishing to get the loot than spend 1 day making worlds over and over.

Pyramid banners, how would we get them if not from pyramids? unless they get added to crates too.

I get one Pyramid for every, oh, ten or so Large worlds I generate. I never get a Pyramid in any Small or Medium world.

So yes, please add Pyramid loot to the desert and/or oasis crates.

I was just thinking about this today. Can't craft the bundle of balloons without the sandstorm in a bottle.
I don't go for the Bundle myself, as I replace my balloons with Wings as soon as Hardmode starts. Without any balloons, these give plenty enough height, and the primary reason to have extra jumps / Wings in the first place is fall damage immunity. I also find it annoying to have to jump 3+ times in order to activate the Wings.

The Sandstorm in a Balloon is the best in-a-balloon, though.

I get one Pyramid for every, oh, ten or so Large worlds I generate. I never get a Pyramid in any Small or Medium world.

So yes, please add Pyramid loot to the desert and/or oasis crates.
There is potential for your pyramid to spawn under the sand, it happens to me.

Why not define the pyramid walls as a minibiome, akin to a graveyard/living trees which can function with significantly less surface? It is a big tomb after all with a lot of unused vertical space beyond the treasure chamber and undercutting the pointless shaft with a solid bottom for a water pond/base inside would allow the crate collection to work smoothly if you're not being mobbed by ghosts/weak mobs.

I recall it being mentioned they added sky chest items to crates so there would be a way to obtain them in worlds where they didn't spawn in world gen. I also heard they were planning on making desert crates for the same reason. Sounds like this didn't really happen?

I recall it being mentioned they added sky chest items to crates so there would be a way to obtain them in worlds where they didn't spawn in world gen. I also heard they were planning on making desert crates for the same reason. Sounds like this didn't really happen?
Yeah, I wonder why? Seems like it's something they wouldn't have overlooked.

I don't go for the Bundle myself, as I replace my balloons with Wings as soon as Hardmode starts. Without any balloons, these give plenty enough height, and the primary reason to have extra jumps / Wings in the first place is fall damage immunity. I also find it annoying to have to jump 3+ times in order to activate the Wings.

The Sandstorm in a Balloon is the best in-a-balloon, though.
I just like having the Bundle to mess around on the slime mount, as it can use all of the double jumps bottles and balloons provide.

And I definitely agree that the sandstorm jump is the best.

Back
Top Bottom