NPCs & Enemies Pyrantula

How's my suggestion?

• Total voters
Vigorsilk should be removed, as, for all intents and purposes in terms of balancing, it is easier to simply use Vigor Protein in 3 times the amount of Vigorsilk used in each recipe.
The boots shouldn´t use Leather, as it is Corruption-exclusive, while the headgear shouldn´t use glass.
The Pyrantula should drop Meteorite Bars, as it is likely that the player to have run out of Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts at that point.

Alternatively, Pyrantula just drops Vigorsilk in adjusted quantities.

I think Hellstone Bars would make more sense, personally, as they're much more hell-themed.

Not subtle Team Magma costume is not subtle XP

Anyway, I really like this! It's a very creative idea, and the sprites looks very nice! The weapons also seem pretty balanced as well! I like this idea a very large amount, great job!

Vigorsilk should be removed, as, for all intents and purposes in terms of balancing, it is easier to simply use Vigor Protein in 3 times the amount of Vigorsilk used in each recipe.
The boots shouldn´t use Leather, as it is Corruption-exclusive, while the headgear shouldn´t use glass.
The Pyrantula should drop Meteorite Bars, as it is likely that the player to have run out of Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts at that point.
...Meteorite Bars don't really make any sense at all. Meteors still fall randomly, you just need to have broken at least one orb/heart. Meteorite bars wouldn't be useful at this stage in the game, and don't fit with a Hell themed boss. If you need more, just make a new world :p
Alternatively, Pyrantula just drops Vigorsilk in adjusted quantities.

I think Hellstone Bars would make more sense, personally, as they're much more hell-themed.

I've thought this over, and I've decided that I'm going to keep the meteorite bars, but I do think that Vigorsilk and Vigor Proteins can be combined into one item (while still maintaining their reference).
I'm deciding to stay with meteorite bars because of a few reasons:
  1. They're replenishable. Meteorites can continue to fall after all Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts have been destroyed, plus meteorite can be obtained from meteor heads.
  2. Unless you plan on making every single color of phasesaber, meteorite has very little use in hardmode.
  3. Meteorite gear is quickly replaced by molten gear.
  4. Meteorite, unlike hellstone, fits the Pyrantula theme a lot better. Pyrantula is not really demonic, but rather just a really big lava spider. The drops and armors it provides are more futuristic than demonic. The idea of using super-powerful spider silk as a basis for creating resilient, flexible material is more of a modern, scientific idea. A bit like carbon fiber, if you will.
  5. If there STILL isn't enough meteorite, then it would be very easy to implement an item into the game that summons more.
The number of meteorite bars will be reduced though.

Leather will be replaced with another ingredient, though I'm not entirely sure what the issue is with the glass. I suppose I could replace the glass with gems...

Last edited:
I've thought this over, and I've decided that I'm going to keep the meteorite bars, but I do think that Vigorsilk and Vigor Proteins can be combined into one item (while still maintaining their reference).
I'm deciding to stay with meteorite bars because of a few reasons:
  1. They're replenishable. Meteorites can continue to fall after all Shadow Orbs/Crimson Hearts have been destroyed, plus meteorite can be obtained from meteor heads.
  2. Unless you plan on making every single color of phasesaber, meteorite has very little use in hardmode.
  3. Meteorite gear is quickly replaced by molten gear.
  4. Meteorite, unlike hellstone, fits the Pyrantula theme a lot better. Pyrantula is not really demonic, but rather just a really big lava spider. The drops and armors it provides are more futuristic than demonic. The idea of using super-powerful spider silk as a basis for creating resilient, flexible material is more of a modern, scientific idea. A bit like carbon fiber, if you will.
  5. If there STILL isn't enough meteorite, then it would be very easy to implement an item into the game that summons more.
The number of meteorite bars will be reduced though.

Leather will be replaced with another ingredient, though I'm not entirely sure what the issue is with the glass. I suppose I could replace the glass with gems...
The issue with glass is that it doesn´t really add any costs, so it can be removed, and it is rather important to remove unnecessary items from recipes, as it only makes going for sand a bit annoying.
As for meteorite, Hellstone would be more fitting, due to both the boss and Hellstone being "fiery", and not only Meteor Heads stop dropping absolutely anything in Hardmode (When Pyrantula can be fought), but, even without taking that into account, they only have a 2% chance to drop it, which is the same chance per day for a meteorite to fall without breaking Shadow Orbs/Crimson hearts, and, technically, only Hellstone and Chlorophyte can´t be replenished infinitely in a single world (Althrough it is unlikely to, in the latter´s case, run out of mud and dirt).

The issue with glass is that it doesn´t really add any costs, so it can be removed, and it is rather important to remove unnecessary items from recipes, as it only makes going for sand a bit annoying.
As for meteorite, Hellstone would be more fitting, due to both the boss and Hellstone being "fiery", and not only Meteor Heads stop dropping absolutely anything in Hardmode (When Pyrantula can be fought), but, even without taking that into account, they only have a 2% chance to drop it, which is the same chance per day for a meteorite to fall without breaking Shadow Orbs/Crimson hearts, and, technically, only Hellstone and Chlorophyte can´t be replenished infinitely in a single world (Althrough it is unlikely to, in the latter´s case, run out of mud and dirt).

Hmm... Hellstone isn't really used either in hardmode...
Not once playing Terraria have I ever felt low on meteorite, and I play on small worlds.
However, I feel even LESS likely to run out of hellstone. Even though I think meteorite fits the theme better for the gear, I wouldn't be opposed to hellstone...

Ah, screw it. All I really needed was some type of metal. Hellstone will work.
And glass will be replaced by lens.

Flamethrower has lead/iron bars in it.

i love this idea! terraria doesn't have enough spiders in it. some ideas i came up with, maybe make the fire webs it shoots less like a shadowbeam staff and more like a fiery rope coil. it could temporarily place a fiery rope where it hits. also, due to the name, maybe make molten armor give immunity to molten armor? if you know what i mean.

That is because of it making sense, and iron at least adds a bit of cost. Sand doesn´t.

Iron makes just as much sense as glass does. And it's not like iron has any cost to it at that stage in the game.

As the OP said, gems could also work. A diamond to make a focused crystal lens.

Iron makes just as much sense as glass does. And it's not like iron has any cost to it at that stage in the game.

As the OP said, gems could also work. A diamond to make a focused crystal lens.
Consider that Shroomite armor also has a visor or lens, and it doesn´t use glass, gems, or anything like that.

This is absolutely lovely. It is complete. It is polished. It is balanced. It has awesome sprites. I really have nothing else to say. This deserves to be in the game.

It's the stats, first of all, with the armor, you start with + %5 attack, and you can get more attack making the max added attack can be %40! Also, a possibility of 40% movement speed.

It's the stats, first of all, with the armor, you start with + %5 attack, and you can get more attack making the max added attack can be %40! Also, a possibility of 40% movement speed.
Look at Crimtane/Pumpkin. They may be pre-hardmode but they give base attack increase.

Look at Crimtane/Pumpkin. They may be pre-hardmode but they give base attack increase.
Yes, but not by that much
Well, the entire concept of the armor was high attack, low defense, and what I was comparing the armor to was something in between Hallowed and Chlorophyte armor. Plus, the high attack only activates when killing multiple enemies in a row. Not very useful for PVP, bosses, or casual exploration. More useful for invasions and areas with high mob density.
And while I really like having fast movement speed to run around in, I don't consider nearly as useful for combat as other stats. I suppose you would be able to dodge quicker, but only horizontally. Movement speed has no effect on vertical movement, and at that point in the game, you're darting all over the place with a pair of wings rocket boots, or grappling hook, and not really staying put on the ground.

I'll lower the movement speed and defense slightly, but other than that, I think the armor is fine without having tested it in-game. If other people voice their opinion, then I'll reconsider it. I'll also increase the difficulty to "All mechs defeated", since it's so close anyways.

Well, there you have it. My first ever Terraria suggestion. It's not finished entirely yet, as I still have some more items to make, but I hope you liked it!
If you have any comments, please let me know! I've never done this before, and I could use some critique.

That is your first terraria suggestion? Awesome looking spriting, creative boss attacks, awesome reference, not overpowered, and a use for an underused area. I am finding it hard to believe that it is your first suggestion, well done.

That is your first terraria suggestion? Awesome looking spriting, creative boss attacks, awesome reference, not overpowered, and a use for an underused area. I am finding it hard to believe that it is your first suggestion, well done.
Well, it's like I said. It's my first TERRARIA suggestion. I was a member of the Starbound Forums for years, and recently came over here in the fall. I've worked on a bunch of suggestions over on the Starbound forums, including a massive suggestion for a race of snake people.

Back
Top Bottom