Game Mechanics QoL Suggestion - World and Player Notes

tallstar27

Skeletron Prime
I just have a simple idea - can we add a space to type notes about your players and worlds?

I have done many run-throughs now and it's hard for me to remember what farms I have on each world, whether or not I've beaten Plantera, if the world was created in 1.1 or later, etc. The little tree to the left of the world selection that shows the world evil and whether or not it has the hallow already helps identify worlds from the world selection screen, this is kind of adding onto that. I would really appreciate being able to jot down a few notes like "Has dungeon farm, teleporter hub, and all NPCs", "Used for multiplayer run with Billy and Bobby, about to fight Wall of Flesh", or "Used for player 'Redigit's run, he has the explored map". My solution so far has been to place a sign near the spawn of each world with the information about it, but having notes would make it so we don't have to load up a world each time we want to know what's in it.

Additionally, I think it'd be really nice to be able to write down notes about your players! Being able to leave a note about the kind of build each player has or even to remind yourself of your next objective would be amazing! I also do a lot of plays with my friends and have a hard time keeping track of which character was for use with which world with which friends, so I think a feature like this would help a lot of people. Examples are "Fully developed 1.3.5 summoner", "Home world is 'Adventure Time', fully developed 1.2.4 mage", or "Used for run with Billy and Bobby".

That's all I've got! I've tried to find a mod that does this but haven't been able to, so if you know of one definitely let me know

You can easily do this in notepad. Just write down what you need about each player and world with their respective names in a separate, dedicated text file.

I just have a simple idea - can we add a space to type notes about your players and worlds?

I have done many run-throughs now and it's hard for me to remember what farms I have on each world, whether or not I've beaten Plantera, if the world was created in 1.1 or later, etc. The little tree to the left of the world selection that shows the world evil and whether or not it has the hallow already helps identify worlds from the world selection screen, this is kind of adding onto that. I would really appreciate being able to jot down a few notes like "Has dungeon farm, teleporter hub, and all NPCs", "Used for multiplayer run with Billy and Bobby, about to fight Wall of Flesh", or "Used for player 'Redigit's run, he has the explored map". My solution so far has been to place a sign near the spawn of each world with the information about it, but having notes would make it so we don't have to load up a world each time we want to know what's in it.

Additionally, I think it'd be really nice to be able to write down notes about your players! Being able to leave a note about the kind of build each player has or even to remind yourself of your next objective would be amazing! I also do a lot of plays with my friends and have a hard time keeping track of which character was for use with which world with which friends, so I think a feature like this would help a lot of people. Examples are "Fully developed 1.3.5 summoner", "Home world is 'Adventure Time', fully developed 1.2.4 mage", or "Used for run with Billy and Bobby".

That's all I've got! I've tried to find a mod that does this but haven't been able to, so if you know of one definitely let me know
I would love this. As each of my characters are named Unit One and all wear the same thing it gets confusing.

Back
Top Bottom