tModLoader Quality of Life: Rebranding

BowToes

Spazmatism
Good Times
I've uploaded the source code and all the images to mediafire! Since I've basically given up on this mod, I thought I'd give up all rights to it as well. Every single one. Do what you like, I don't mind.
If you're wondering "Why did you upload it to mediafire instead of github?" Simple answer: I don't know how to use github. Also a little afraid to learn. But if you, or a friend are able and willing to do what I couldn't, by all means do it! Go nuts and have fun. The download is right here.
This is an updated version of the original Quality of Life - Standard mod for the current version of tModLoader v0.10, built from the ground up.
It is almost exactly the same as INFINITE POWER's mod, save for a couple of things I've either edited or tweaked, or was unable to implement.
I've also added a couple things, and added some drops that I thought made sense and would make things a little easier.
These changes are listed here.

Added: Crimslime + Corrupt + Slimer + Dungeon + Toxic slime banners = Evil Slime Banner
EvilSlimeBanner.png

Added: Gastropod + Illuminant + Rainbow slime banners = Holy Slime Banner
HolySlimeBanner.png

Added: Umbrella Slime + Pinky = Unique Slime Banner
UniqueSlimeBanner.png

Changed: The recipe for Supreme Slime Banner
SupremeSlimeBanner.png
now requires mother slimes and black slimes.
Changed: The recipe for the Ultimate Slime Banner
UltimateSlimeBanner.png
requires all the slime banners, even the new ones.

Changed: The Sharp Sea Necklace
SharpSeaNecklace.png
recipe now requires the sandshark tooth. It's effects when worn have been tweaked as well.
Removed: The Master Fishing Gear. Items that have been implemented into the main game have rendered this item completely obsolete.
Removed: The Atomic boots don't have the affect of flower boots anymore. I was unable to figure out how to implement this feature.

Removed: A majority of crafting recipes. Most of them have been added by other mods, such as Imkshushi's, or are now in vanilla.

Added: Sandsharks now have a 20% chance to drop the new sandshark tooth.
SandSharkTooth.png

Added: Sharks now have a 20% chance to drop the shark tooth.
SharkTooth.png

Added: Arapaimas now have a 20% chance to drop the arapaima tooth.
ArapaimaTooth.png

When in Expert mode, there is a 0.1% chance any mob will drop only the "Lightless Chasms" painting.
Else, there is a 0.05% chance the painting will drop.

When in Expert mode and Hardmode, there is a 20% chance 3-16 Vile Mushrooms will drop, and the same for Rotten Chunks.
When in Expert mode but not Hardmode, there is a 10% chance 2-8 of each of these items dropping. The same goes if you're in Hardmode but not in Expert mode.

When in neither then there is a 5% chance that 1-5 of each item will drop.

When in Expert mode, there is a 0.1% chance any mob will drop only the "Deadland Comes Alive" painting.

When in Expert mode and Hardmode, there is a 20% chance 3-16 Vicious Mushrooms will drop, and the same for Vertebrae.
When in Expert mode but not Hardmode, there is a 10% chance 2-8 of each of these items dropping. The same goes if you're in Hardmode but not in Expert mode.

When in neither then there is a 5% chance that 1-5 of each item will drop.

When in Expert mode, there is a 0.1% chance any mob will drop only the "Lightless Chasms" painting.

All mobs killed in the Desert, Sky, Beach, or Snow biomes have a 4% chance to drop that biome's "respective" gas in a bottle.
i.e., Desert mobs drop the Desert in a Bottle.

When in Expert mode, there is a 12.5% chance the King Slime will drop the Slime Staff and a 0.4% chance any Pigron will drop a Shiny Red Balloon.
Otherwise, there is a 6.66% chance King Slime will drop the Slime Staff and a 0.2% chance any Pigron will drop a Shiny Red Balloon.

*NOTE* These additions don't apply only to mobs specific to a biome. They apply to all mobs killed within that biome, vanilla and modded.

v0.1: Initial release.
v0.3.1: Overhauled forum page. Fixed issues with drop rates.
v0.3.3.0: Updated to tModLoader v0.10.
v0.4.0.0: Source Code & all released for free!

Download it here or on the mod browser.

For 9.2.3 compatibility, download here.

Note: I will not be updating the 9.2.3 version along with the 0.10 version.

Report any bugs you find. If there's a discrepancy between the original and this, or a change I failed to mention, be so kind to alert me.
Alert me if you've got any tips or improvements or recommendations for the mod as well.

***I would like to note that I didn't make (most of) the sprites, that credit goes to INFINITE POWER.

Last edited:
Did you get permissions to update the recompile infinite power's mod? if not, this is considered mod theft. . . .

No, but that's because he hasn't been online since October. If he ever does come back on though, I won't mind taking it down if he asks. Or if he doesn't do that and continues to work on it, then I'd be more than glad to take it down.

Last edited:
Every mob in hallow drop - vertebrae and vicious mushroom.
In corruption, every mobs drop - Rotten Chunk and vile mushroom
And every mob in crimson drop - vertebrae and vicious mushroom.
(Like 100% drop chance)

Every mob in hallow drop - vertebrae and vicious mushroom.
In corruption, every mobs drop - Rotten Chunk and vile mushroom
And every mob in crimson drop - vertebrae and vicious mushroom.
(Like 100% drop chance)
Thanks for telling me, I'll get right on it.
EDIT: It should be fixed now.

Last edited:
It would be cool if the utility helmet had another level to it that was basically a cybernetic eye that needs nanites or something to be crafted and instead of being a helmet it would become an accessory so you can have a full set of armor but keep the functionality.

@BowToes

Could you put on the description of the item what they do instead of saying does the same as x other item?

BTW are you going to add more accessories mixes It would be nice to mix accesories that are not fully upgraded in vanilla terraria with others for example Magic cuffs + Mana regeneration band or yoyo glove + mechanical glove or putrid scent + destroyer/avenger emblem or cross necklace + cobalt shield + philospher stone (could be called saint's shield) or paladin shield/flesh knukles + frozen turtle shell.

@BowToes
BTW are you going to add more accessories mixes It would be nice to mix accesories that are not fully upgraded in vanilla terraria with others for example Magic cuffs + Mana regeneration band or yoyo glove + mechanical glove or putrid scent + destroyer/avenger emblem or cross necklace + cobalt shield + philospher stone (could be called saint's shield) or paladin shield/flesh knukles + frozen turtle shell.
I will consider it, but it's likely not to happen for a little while.

This is now the third incarnation of this mod I've seen in one set of quality or another X3 But I'm not complaining, Terraria updates were infrequent enough to warrant new editions.

Seconding the request to have a config file we can use to tweak the drop rate of the Sandstorm/Tsunami/Cloud in a bottle. I've had up to 6 of them drop during a single Eater of Worlds fight in a Corruption/Snow combination biome, and they quickly clog up inventory (but at 1 gold each, it's tough to throw them away).

Hey, is there any chance you could remove the requirement for the Goblin Summoner from the Goblin Army banner? Honestly, the Scout's a pain too, since it's not a part of the army itself, and you'd rarely have the banner in the same place for both, but it's at least semi-understandable. Having the Summoner banner in the recipe completely defeats the point, though. It only spawns in hardmode, and by the time you've killed enough for a banner, there's not really any drops left to farm. I'd honestly prefer if it got upgraded to an "Ultimate Goblin Banner" later, so you can combine it when it's still useful to do so.

Also, is there any chance of a way to make banners more convenient to reproduce? I know that things other than standard crafting stations (chairs, bottles, water, lava...) can be made requirements for crafting. Perhaps each of the banners could have an alternate recipe with silk and fallen stars, which requires the respective banner be placed by a loom to craft? I.E. if you want to make a unique slime banner, you must already have made one the normal way, then place that banner by the loom to make copies of it. Something like that would make getting multiples of banners less grindy, and allow them to see more use, both in placing them wherever they'd be helpful, and in just using them for decoration.

Ok for some reason in both Quality of Life Mods currently updated and uploaded. The Utility Helmet line no longer counts as a "mining helmet" for the Mining armor set. I'm not sure how you are suppose to add this quality to those items but the ORIGINAL quality of life mod the Utility Helmet counted for the set bonus of 30% mining speed. I know only minimal about programming and not really how to mod but is there a way to add this feature??

Back
Top Bottom