tModLoader Quality of Life

<link removed by staff>

Just recompiled to new version. Unofficial (if that term can be used for mods)
May content bugs. (Tested around 6 hours of game, so i hope don't)

Compatible with tModLoader 0.9.1, Terraria 1.3.4.4

P.S. I'm not an author of mod. I just recompile it.
Wait, does this mean that you managed to update this mod to tMl 0.9.1?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think people in this thread have no understanding of intellectual property. its very easy to update the mod. it takes seconds to decompile and recompile but its really rude and maybe even against forum rules to reupload it online. its not your work, you dont have the permission to upload it

i think people in this thread have no understanding of intellectual property. its very easy to update the mod. it takes seconds to decompile and recompile but its really rude and maybe even against forum rules to reupload it online. its not your work, you dont have the permission to upload it

It's only rude if the original author shows up again to reclaim the work and the person who fixed it doesn't give it up willingly. Nobody makes money on these things so there is hardly anything to gain. As long as due credit is given to the original mod author then I see no problem.

If it's against the forum rules, that's another thing entirely obviously, but from a morals perspective I don't see the issue with re-uploading a fixed version if the original mod developer is no longer around or doesn't have time to fix it.

It's only rude if the original author shows up again to reclaim the work and the person who fixed it doesn't give it up willingly. Nobody makes money on these things so there is hardly anything to gain. As long as due credit is given to the original mod author then I see no problem.
Ehhhhhh... if you're not sure whether an original creator of something is okay with you directly reclaiming their work (credit due or not), then it shouldn't be assumed whether it'd be 'rude' to them or not.

It's not about breaking any breaking laws or forum rules; it's all about respect and appreciation for the work someone else did. While some don't mind that others carry on their projects whatsoever, others could be beyond irate and highly offended if they were to find out about it. Regardless of money not being involved, it could be taken as a disrespect to talented people and their work, and if so, in the meantime you'll end up looking like a no-talent thief for stealing it. And those who put all their love, time, and energy into that project earned every right to feel however they want to feel about it. So morally-speaking, if you don't have consent and there's no easy way to contact the creators, you're standing on shaky ground either way.

The best thing to do in these situations is to just leave it go. And if you really want to continue their work, start from scratch and (if you really want to be classy) dedicate your new work to the original person/team somewhere for being your inspiration.

Ehhhhhh... if you're not sure whether an original creator of something is okay with you directly reclaiming their work (credit due or not), then it shouldn't be assumed whether it'd be 'rude' to them or not.

It's not about breaking any breaking laws or forum rules; it's all about respect and appreciation for the work someone else did. While some don't mind that others carry on their projects whatsoever, others could be beyond irate and highly offended if they were to find out about it. Regardless of money not being involved, it could be taken as a disrespect to talented people and their work, and if so, in the meantime you'll end up looking like a no-talent thief for stealing it. And those who put all their love, time, and energy into that project earned every right to feel however they want to feel about it. So morally-speaking, if you don't have consent and there's no easy way to contact the creators, you're standing on shaky ground either way.

The best thing to do in these situations is to just leave it go. And if you really want to continue their work, start from scratch and (if you really want to be classy) dedicate your new work to the original person/team somewhere for being your inspiration.

I don't think situations like this are just black and white though. There is a substantial difference between recompiling a mod just so it works on the new version, and continuing to work on a mod someone else made without their consent.

Is anyone able to contact this mod's creator? I wonder if he has completely forgotten and abandoned this mod, this mod is so convenient to use and too good to not be used. I've been waiting for quite a while for an update, if he lets someone else to take over his legacy would be cool too.

Is anyone able to contact this mod's creator? I wonder if he has completely forgotten and abandoned this mod, this mod is so convenient to use and too good to not be used. I've been waiting for quite a while for an update, if he lets someone else to take over his legacy would be cool too.
Check the post above you m8

I have recompiled version of this mod but i dont know, can i post link here. (Are this against rules/copyright?)
<link removed by staff>

Just recompiled to new version. Unofficial (if that term can be used for mods)
May content bugs. (Tested around 6 hours of game, so i hope don't)

Compatible with tModLoader 0.9.1, Terraria 1.3.4.4

P.S. I'm not an author of mod. I just recompile it.
Hi there @TheThing_, I know that you were just trying to help out other players with an updated version of this mod by taking INFINITE POWER's mod and recompiling it, but after discussion among the staff, we've decided that since the mod creator is absent it's best if this thread is locked until his return, and he can decide to have it re-opened if he wishes. I have also removed the links that you provided for the modified mod. If you have any questions, you can send me a private message by clicking on the 'Start a Conversation' link that appears under my avatar.

@INFINITE POWER, since you aren't around right now to answer some requests and questions about your mod, it has been temporarily closed until your return. If you'd like it opened, you can Report the first post and ask for it to be opened again.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's an updated version made from the source anywhere? I found one that was updated for 1.3.4 in the mods browser with tmodloader but that one isn't working either. This is a must have mod IMO and it sucks to see it's not being updated.

Back
Top Bottom