tModLoader Quality Recipes

Just saying that the quality of life mod added other crafting station combinations.

Work Bench + Table = Worktable
Worktable + Bookshelf = (I forgot the name)
Furnace+Anvil=Blacksmith Forge
Blacksmith Forge + Hellforge=Blacksmith Hellforge
Blacksmith Hellforge+Mythril Anvil= (Forgot Name) Then if you add a Adamantite/Titanium forge to this you get some other crafting station. Then you add the autohammer to that.

Loom+Living tree Loom = Living weave loom

There were some others with Sawmills, Heavy work benches, etc. but I forgot the recipe.

I got to disagree with the 3x3 one since there are just so many banners and making the combination this big would defy the purpose of these compact banners. But I absolutely agree that having the banners again would be amazing!
Eh, it's mostly a suggestion to try and balance some of the banners. Especially a couple extras I suggested, like the combined Lunar Cult and Full Blood Moon ones. Specially the Lunar Cult one, that's a defense of 20 enemies, and while you admittedly won't fight all of them at once, and it's a massive investment, being able to completely debuff any potential pillars is a hell of a powerful combo. Martian Madness, Solar Eclipse and Pumpkin/Frost Moon banners are similar because of the massive amount of enemies that drop banners in those events as well. Maybe at most 2x3, but Idunno. Leaving it normal banner size seems kinda meh for something that basically replaces an entire line of hammered platforms.

Eh, it's mostly a suggestion to try and balance some of the banners. Especially a couple extras I suggested, like the combined Lunar Cult and Full Blood Moon ones. Specially the Lunar Cult one, that's a defense of 20 enemies, and while you admittedly won't fight all of them at once, and it's a massive investment, being able to completely debuff any potential pillars is a hell of a powerful combo. Martian Madness, Solar Eclipse and Pumpkin/Frost Moon banners are similar because of the massive amount of enemies that drop banners in those events as well. Maybe at most 2x3, but Idunno. Leaving it normal banner size seems kinda meh for something that basically replaces an entire line of hammered platforms.
You're absolutely right with your point. However, the combined banner needs 50 enemies killed of each enemies. And when you use the same arena for multiple events you'll still end up with plenty of banners. (i.e. 4 for each possible celestial moon). The whole reason of the combination is to make the banners more compact. Whether you have a big banner or a small banner. The effects are the same. And having a small one prevents banner clutter more than a big one does. But that's just my 50 cents and I respect your opinion.

You're absolutely right with your point. However, the combined banner needs 50 enemies killed of each enemies. And when you use the same arena for multiple events you'll still end up with plenty of banners. (i.e. 4 for each possible celestial moon). The whole reason of the combination is to make the banners more compact. Whether you have a big banner or a small banner. The effects are the same. And having a small one prevents banner clutter more than a big one does. But that's just my 50 cents and I respect your opinion.
Eh, thus why I suggested the resise on maybe if you do combos of those combos if anything. Saves a little space on the vanilla enemies extra,specially if you use mods that add stuff to the event extra (blood moons in particular). Beyond that, well, really depends on modder's discretion if certain banner combos should be bigger than vanilla or not.

Updated to v0.2

Added recipes for some of the travelling merchant items. I noticed after the changes that this enables players to craft these items and then sell them, making potentially substantial amounts of money. Not sure how to fix it without editing the value of these items. I guess users have to exercise self control. The items are all crafted at either the tinkerer's workbench or hardmode anvils.

Also I uploaded it to the mod browser, for those of you who were holding out. Please let me know if I did it wrong.

Loving this mod so far, and you've done a fantastic job of filling the void that the other abandoned mod provided! For numerous reasons however, I'm not so sure about adding any recipes for traveling merchant items. In addition to the problem you've already mentioned with selling the items (which now don't need to be purchased first) for a cheat-like amount of gold, adding such recipes will make the existence of the traveling merchant somewhat redundant and pointless.

While other merchants sell items that can also be crafted and found elsewhere via exploration, the whole point of the traveling merchant is that they sell different and unique items which you cannot acquire any other way. Therefore when they appear, there is a reason to see what new items they may have.

I'm not sure what to do about it now, though. I could take the recipes out, I guess. I could add luminite to their recipes, so they would only be useful to endgame players who have had a really bad luck of the draw with the travelling merchant's wares. I don't know what to do about it.

I think I'll work on adding the banners next while I decide what to do, that seems safe enough.

Hi, Ardosos. I didn't expect you would recreate the original mod, but whatever, you did a great job recreating it, :D. You literally saved the day.
PD: Do you know how to recreate the Lava Orb, and make it capable of using it for creating the Lava Waders? Also, i actually think that the flower boots effect on the Atomic Boots would be useless.
Also, if you can, you should call some modder like Cheezegami to help you with the issues (The helmet not moving properly, the invisible accesories, etc).
Have a nice day from my part! ;)

I'm not sure what to do about it now, though. I could take the recipes out, I guess. I could add luminite to their recipes, so they would only be useful to endgame players who have had a really bad luck of the draw with the travelling merchant's wares. I don't know what to do about it.

I think I'll work on adding the banners next while I decide what to do, that seems safe enough.

The idea for the recipes for the traveling merchant items is the same idea as with the mod (don't make terraria too luck dependant); it fits the mod and crafting whatever is always optional so I think it would be nice to let the player decide if he wants to craft the item or wait afk for the traveling merchant. In my case I think is just a waste of time if you are not really going to play the game just wait afk to get what you want (same with afk farms) but I think it's even better to let the players decide.

The items should all have the appropriate materials on it's recipe to be obtained to the according tier to not unbalance the game's progression (I've said this on a post earlier) Like I said before the intention of making this items craftable is to make them be less luck dependent, not cheat. If you make the recipe have items that are on the appropriate tier of it's damage/utility then it won't be unbalanced nor cheating. Making the items craftable only after moonlord would be just for collecting sake which is next to pointless IMO.

Yes I agree with the general idea that you expressed on this last post. The others posts to me at least sounded that you wanted the recipes removed or accessed until very late game. The issue of how much money they cost can be solved by maybe adding coins as part of the crafting recipe or adding very valuable materials.

That utility helmet would be perfect as an accessory so you don't need to get rid of set bonuses. To be honest, that's really the only thing that interests me in this mod, most other things I either don't care for or already have from another mod.

Would you like to have the original sprites from the original mod? If so, then I can send them to you if you wish.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I'm not saying the original sprites are better, cuz I absolutely love the sprites you made for the boots, but there are some from the original mod that I find more convenient, for ex: the celestial flower or golden frog horseshoe thingy.

Would you like to have the original sprites from the original mod? If so, then I can send them to you if you wish.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I'm not saying the original sprites are better, cuz I absolutely love the sprites you made for the boots, but there are some from the original mod that I find more convenient, for ex: the celestial flower or golden frog horseshoe thingy.

Read a few post back youll find the answer

Back
Top Bottom