PS4 Queen Bee Fleeing

iFlysmn

Terrarian
Hi guys,

So more detail on this issue, and note: this is the PS4 version, Single player, latest version

I've built an arena on the surface of the jungle biome, just a simple platform with campfires, etc. I'm then summoning the Queen Bee using the Abeemination. This character is able to kill the Queen Bee somewhat quickly, there's not much waiting around. I was spamming Abeeminations till about the 7th one, where the Queen Bee would be summoned, fight for ~20 seconds before her HP would be below ~20% and then she'd just flee to the bottom of the screen. The boss music would fade, and she's nowhere to be found. This has happened every single attempt of using the Abeemination since (wasted 6 Abeeminations seeing if it would eventually stop, it didn't).

Update: I moved back into the hive where I originally found the world spawned version of her, and started using the Abeeminations there. I used 5 there, and she fled only once this time.

Not sure if the bug is related to how long it takes to kill her or related to the depth at which she is killed (probably more related to the latter).

Any news on this issue? I searched for anyone else experiencing this but only found someone on the PC version having this issue ONLY in the hive ONLY on multiplayer (v 1.3)

It's a new one to me. And I've read every thread ever created in these sections. Then again, I've never fought her back to back that many times. Exiting and loading your world doesn't help?

I think I just figured out how to recreate this issue - at least the one I am experiencing (still not sure how it happened in the hive once for me though)

I tried many new maps. It appears that any fight with her that I jump too high (eg, frostspark boots + yellow horseshoe balloon) and she flies up with me, the next time she does her next charge attack she will flee.

Though it doesn't seem like I'm going THAT high, I can still see the top of this jungle hill next to my arena on the side of my screen but I guess her "zone" is fixed to an area to where she first spawns or something?

regardless, I can just not kite her so high up from now on so here's hoping this is indeed what's causing the problem and I can avoid it from now on lol

I think I just figured out how to recreate this issue - at least the one I am experiencing (still not sure how it happened in the hive once for me though)

I tried many new maps. It appears that any fight with her that I jump too high (eg, frostspark boots + yellow horseshoe balloon) and she flies up with me, the next time she does her next charge attack she will flee.

Though it doesn't seem like I'm going THAT high, I can still see the top of this jungle hill next to my arena on the side of my screen but I guess her "zone" is fixed to an area to where she first spawns or something?

regardless, I can just not kite her so high up from now on so here's hoping this is indeed what's causing the problem and I can avoid it from now on lol
Similar issues have happened with Eater of World's fights.

Back
Top Bottom