PC Queen Bee follows you even after you use Magic Mirror, not despawning.

zonelouise

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This happens in Multiplayer, untested in Singleplayer.
Also apologies for the laggy video

Multiplayer enemies will always follow unless everyone on the server is dead. Since you used magic mirror, instead of dying, it followed instead of despawning. Also, this is not journey's end specific. It has been in the game for a while.

I had the same problem on single player
Huh. I've had this in multiplayer but never in single player. Maybe the point you were teleporting to was to close? Or maybe it has to do with queen bee herself. I've personally never teleported away from queen bee, but I have teleported away from some other bosses in single player and had them despawn.

Multiplayer enemies will always follow unless everyone on the server is dead. Since you used magic mirror, instead of dying, it followed instead of despawning. Also, this is not journey's end specific. It has been in the game for a while.
That's kind of the point though, the boss shouldn't follow you especially that far away, worse that the Queen Bee is enraged when out of the jungle. As well as following you even though there are nearer players that were in the jungle in my video.

That's kind of the point though, the boss shouldn't follow you especially that far away, worse that the Queen Bee is enraged when out of the jungle. As well as following you even though there are nearer players that were in the jungle in my video.
No i am teleported real far (more than 500 blocks)!!!

I also just remembered that Moon Lord was easily beatable because of that, then they later patched it so that he teleports rather than tracing another player who was as far as 6000 ft away.

We (me and the group I'm playing with) have this problem as well. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be happening (can't imagine this is new intended behaviour in 1.4), but bosses just don't want to leave.

It doesn't matter if players are far away from one another, or if everyone logs out at the same time: The boss will be there going after us.

Example: Queen Bee that kills one player, then targets another player who is on the other side of the map. It doesn't matter where you are. The Destroyer followed me down to hell even though I wasn't even on the surface when it spawned. We all logged out since we were gruesomely underprepared, expected it to despawn, but nope.
I eventually grabbed another character and removed the Destroyer that way. Restarting the server might have been an option, but I'm currently renting one and it's a hassle.

Really wonky stuff.

I think bosses might disappear after everyone is dead at the same time, but I'm honestly not sure.

We (me and the group I'm playing with) have this problem as well. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be happening (can't imagine this is new intended behaviour in 1.4), but bosses just don't want to leave.

It doesn't matter if players are far away from one another, or if everyone logs out at the same time: The boss will be there going after us.

Example: Queen Bee that kills one player, then targets another player who is on the other side of the map. It doesn't matter where you are. The Destroyer followed me down to hell even though I wasn't even on the surface when it spawned. We all logged out since we were gruesomely underprepared, expected it to despawn, but nope.
I eventually grabbed another character and removed the Destroyer that way. Restarting the server might have been an option, but I'm currently renting one and it's a hassle.

Really wonky stuff.

I think bosses might disappear after everyone is dead at the same time, but I'm honestly not sure.
The only boss that this occurred so far for us is the Queen Bee, others seamlessly despawned even if another player was alive 3000ft away. However, the Destroyer digs down really fast to despawn when there are no players alive, maybe it just caught you at the wrong time and proceeded to chase you that way, but if it still kept on chasing other players coming from hell... Then that might be an issue.

The only boss that this occurred so far for us is the Queen Bee, others seamlessly despawned even if another player was alive 3000ft away. However, the Destroyer digs down really fast to despawn when there are no players alive, maybe it just caught you at the wrong time and proceeded to chase you that way, but if it still kept on chasing other players coming from hell... Then that might be an issue.
After I was wormfood it went on to other players. There was no coincidence at play here.

Wait, does it always do that?? If so, then there's a bug with Eye of Cthulhu. (Master Mode, Eye of Cthulhu, 1.4.0.4) I was probably only 200-300 blocks from spawn when I used a magic mirror, the music stopped cause I was too far away, then it came back as I went towards him slightly and he came to me, and then he just despawned for no reason. I checked the time immediately, it wasn't dawn yet.

Back
Top Bottom