Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Not sure if this is a bug or not. The changelog states this:

"Queen Bee should no longer be summoned and attack you if her Larvae are broken when no one is nearby, including from liquids settling on worldgen"

So I am giving 'not the bees' a whirl to try it out. A Larvae spawned on the surface near my base. I'm underground mining and all of a sudden I get the message and she attacks me. I know for a fact my pickaxe was no where near a larvae and I have no summons or special effects. What happened? A star fell on the larvae and broke it.

Any possible way for the summon criteria to be something like:

"If the player breaks the larvae then she is summoned."

Not a huge deal as I doubt many people play 'not the bees'

I don't really think that's possible.
Maybe something happened off screen that caused a larvae to be destroyed, like for example:
A monster triggers an statue spawning trap, which was connected to a dart trap, which shot a dart on the larvae, and caused QB to spawn.
That kind of thing can happen, you know. (beside my logic may go downhill if there are no traps on that worldgen)

That's possible too. Sometimes the world gen interconnects two or more traps with the same wire type.

I can confirm this. I watched yesterday a falling star land on the larvae and break it. I've also seen bee hives dropping onto Larvae and same thing happens. Queen Bee summoned in both scenarios. I think I'm at about 8 deaths so far due to this.

If the intent is to only spawn the Queen by player interaction, you could make the larvae a sort of breakable deco like underground wells or tents. Or maybe like Plantera's bulb.

Or maybe that's an extra intention for the game mode. The larvae spawning on surface is to add extra danger and sense of fear because at any moment, a fallen star can hit It. Unless you make a sky bridge on day 1, somehow.

Skybridge won't work I think they can spawn anywhere. Monsters can spawn off of the screen.

I hope this isn't intentional because it's about as challenging as putting a blindfold on before a game of chess. I know that doesn't make sense that was the point.

Back
Top Bottom