NPCs & Enemies Queen Jellyfish

Do you want this boss in the game?

• Yup

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
This seems like a very interesting idea. I wouldn't mind if it had an inclusion in the game. Perhaps as some more useful drops, it could drop a "Giant Glowstick", which is like a Boomerang. And a "Shocking Jellyball", which is a pink gel flail that sparks like electricity. I will leave the balancing to you, as this is your thread. I just wanted to give some ideas.

This seems like a very interesting idea. I wouldn't mind if it had an inclusion in the game. Perhaps as some more useful drops, it could drop a "Giant Glowstick", which is like a Boomerang. And a "Shocking Jellyball", which is a pink gel flail that sparks like electricity. I will leave the balancing to you, as this is your thread. I just wanted to give some ideas.
Good ideas actually. Gonna make sprites for them ^_^

Aw, I love this suggestion. As soon as I read the title, I kind of assumed it resembled the King Slime a bit. Seems pretty original, but you may need to elaborate 'here and there' so we can be more informed about the idea. Great job either way.

Queen Jellyfish boss
A diver should be seen inside of her, like a ninja inside of King Slime
VCeqS3B.png
(work in progress, 2 spries to do)

x4HPbBu.png
Summoned by using Jelly Crown, recipe : A crown and a jellyfish :rolleyes:(can be caught rarely while fishing in Underground)
Stats :

5000 HP

10 Defense

Attacks :
  • Summons common jellyfishes, 10 damage each
  • Dashes at player, 30 damage
  • BxBf6kn.gif
    (i'm bad at gifs)
  • Sprays 5-10 quick bubbles, 5 damage each
  • When player is outside of water, jumps at him and bounces on surface, 40 damage on contact.

Possible drops :
  • Gel - 20-30 (100%)
  • Glowsticks - 40-50 (100%)
  • Queen Jellyfish Trophy (10%)
  • Gold Coins - 4-5 (100%)
  • Piece of diving gear (100%)
  • Sparking Jellyball (10%)
  • Giant Glowstick (10%)

View attachment 12766 Giant Glowstick, Sparking Jellyball item and in-use sprites.
View attachment 12767 Sparking Jellyball animation

Sparking Jellyball is a middle-tier flail that has a chance to both confuse and poison at the same time and high critical strike chance
  • 20 Damage
  • 50% Crit
Giant Glowstick is a middle-tier boomerang that emits light
  • 24 Damage
  • 10% Crit

Sorry for my bad english
UPD: Added a summoning item
UPD: Added more drops, tnx @DakotaSpine for ideas ^-^
Make a banner so I can support this!

Very nice, this is a pretty great idea. since the ocean definitely needs more to it. Queen Jellyfish could be the first actual ocean boss! IMO- I think she should be frilly and glowy, just for cool looks.

Its basically an underwater king slime isn't it?

See, problem with these are that I have no reason to kill it. I mean, for a lot of earlygame gold and platinum is pretty valuable. (I assume its a gold/plat crown as I have not read otherwise but I could just be blind.) Not only that, but fishing is just a huge pain for me, and I usually don't actually start until late hardmode when I have some time to kill.

The only times I actually face king slime is deep into hardmode when plat/gold isn't really valuable anymore or it randomly spawns. Even then it's mostly for the trophy and hat, he has nothing I need (though the slimy saddle is admittedly nice.) I have a feeling we're going to have the same problem here.

King slime is one of my favorite bosses. I would enjoy seeing the item effects. Is there a picture of the jellyfish summoner weapon?

They already have royalty bosses, king slime and queen bee, but it's a legit idea.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419678769][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1419678796][/DOUBLEPOST]It's a nice banner though

Its basically an underwater king slime isn't it?

See, problem with these are that I have no reason to kill it. I mean, for a lot of earlygame gold and platinum is pretty valuable. (I assume its a gold/plat crown as I have not read otherwise but I could just be blind.) Not only that, but fishing is just a huge pain for me, and I usually don't actually start until late hardmode when I have some time to kill.

The only times I actually face king slime is deep into hardmode when plat/gold isn't really valuable anymore or it randomly spawns. Even then it's mostly for the trophy and hat, he has nothing I need (though the slimy saddle is admittedly nice.) I have a feeling we're going to have the same problem here.
@LoM2 is right

Last edited:
I'm not the best at gifs either, but if you want I could make you some sprites to work with. Also, since it's a boss I think it should have a Queen jellyfish mask. Maybe it could look like a pink jellyfish with crown on your head? I think it should give you poison when it attacks you as well.

Back
Top Bottom