NPCs & Enemies Queen Jellyfish

Do you want this boss in the game?

• Yup

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cool ideia but you should make a mask for it, and the trophy would look like what? A harpoon would be cool (king slime drops a katana as trophy and he has a ninja inside him so i am trying to follow the same ideia), and the craft for the jelly crown should be glowsticks instead of jellyfish, idk if its only me but i never got one jellyfish :(

I guess you've never watched Spongebob.

I've watched Spongebob. I'm asking why that reference should be included. That's a rather massive reference. The only boss with a reference is Plantera, and that's just the name and music, not the physical appearance of the boss.

Nice idea! Needs more drops though. Atm you have -2 mele drops, -0 anything else. Need at least 1 of each class, so a summoner, ranged, and magic would be nice.

Not a bad idea, but for an early Hardmode boss, it can be summoned way too early. The recipe for the Jelly Crown (jellyfish, crown, and amethyst) is comprised entirely of pre-Hardmode materials. Maybe you could change the crown to a new item made from a Hardmode metal eg. Adamantite/Titanium Crown. Heck, given its much lower health than the mech bosses, a Cobalt/Palladium Crown would suffice.

This is a pretty good idea!
If I may state an opinion, I kinda think a Queen Jellyfish would serve a lot better as a pre-hardmode boss. But that's just my opinion.
I support!

I like the idea for a pre-Mech hardmode boss. Just a thought, the drops seem really generic in terms of stats. I'm thinking it drops Thick Jelly that can be crafted with Oricalchum/Mithril or Titanium/Adamantite to make Bioluminescent Bars that can craft the more generic weapons. Then, the boss would directly drop some more unique items. I also think the boomerang should pierce three times. A bioluminescent pickaxe could have +1 range and glow.

Other than that, I completely support this.

Wanted to show my support, if for no other reason than, I want the devs to add this. Frankly, a mask and trophy would be plenty to hold my interest, other drops are a bonus. Given how little the ocean has going for it and how long players have to sit there if they want dyes, this would be a welcome bonus.

Given the concept for the boss, I think it would be a good idea to have it have a low chance of spawning naturally. (Partially as a way to make getting purple and black dyes more interesting) Perhaps only at night to artificially lower spawn rate, and to be complimentary to the Slime King. As for spawn rate, that depends on if it is finalized as a normal mode or hard mode boss. If it is normal mode, make it match King Slime. If it is hard mode then perhaps ~1/200, that may help make the ocean more threatening in hard mode.

But additional suggestions aside, it would be worth adding just for the fun of a new boss.

Can't that thing be crafted before hardmode ? I mean the boss summoner , all the materials i think can be collected pre-hardmode , also what about expert mode ? Also i think it should have 15 defence instead of 10 . I support the idea !

Also another idea for a new drop , glowstick gun , uses glowsticks as ammo , when they hit something they just remain in the background till they disappear , very fast use time (14) , 33 damage , average knockback (6) , critical chance : 4 . Consider it as an updated version of the sandgun , it uses glowsticks as ammo !

Last edited:
The crafting recipe should be:
1 jellyfish (fishing item)
1 platinum crown
99 glowsticks

Since the jellyfish are so rare, there should be only one in the recipe, and to compensate, there should be 99 glowsticks.

Can't that thing be crafted before hardmode ? I mean the boss summoner , all the materials i think can be collected pre-hardmode , also what about expert mode ? Also i think it should have 15 defence instead of 10 . I support the idea !

Also another idea for a new drop , glowstick gun , uses glowsticks as ammo , when they hit something they just remain in the background till they disappear , very fast use time (14) , 33 damage , average knockback (6) , critical chance : 4 . Consider it as an updated version of the sandgun , it uses glowsticks as ammo !
AND an upgrade to the Flare Gun! And it could use Bouncy and Sticky Glowsticks as well!

Back
Top Bottom