NPCs & Enemies Queen Jellyfish

Do you want this boss in the game?

• Yup

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's already a Queen Jellyfish in the Thorium Mod. No point in having two.
"Let's see, which one to summon Queen Jellyfish...this one or this one?"
*uses both*
"AAAAAAAAAAAA-"

There's already a Queen Jellyfish in the Thorium Mod. No point in having two.
"Let's see, which one to summon Queen Jellyfish...this one or this one?"
*uses both*
"AAAAAAAAAAAA-"

I just looked, it's literally 1:1 based on my suggestion (and by the looks of it improved)

Bringing a mod into the real game would kind of ruin the mod. They would have to Remove their own content. Not fair to them.

Queen Jellyfish boss
output_4UqE0u_zpssbdrh0us.gif

x4HPbBu.png
She is an early hardmode boss summoned by using Jelly Crown while standing in the Ocean, recipe : A crown , amethyst and 3 jellyfishes (can be caught rarely while fishing in Underground)
Stats :

12000 HP

10 Defense

Attacks :
  • Summons common jellyfishes, 20 damage each
  • Dashes at player, 50 damage
  • Sprays 10-20 quick bubbles, 15 damage each
  • When player is outside of water, jumps at him and bounces on surface, 70 damage on contact and as well sprays bubbles.

Possible drops :
  • Gel - 50-60 (100%)
  • Glowsticks - 40-50 (100%)
  • Queen Jellyfish Trophy (10%)
  • Gold Coins - 6-8 (100%)
  • Piece of diving gear (100%)
  • Sparking Jellyball (10%)
  • Giant Glowstick (10%)

View attachment 12766 Giant Glowstick, Sparking Jellyball item and in-use sprites.
View attachment 12767 Sparking Jellyball animation

Sparking Jellyball is a middle-to-high-tier flail. It has low damage, but quite high critical strike chance and also 10% chance to both confuse and poison at the same time.
  • 20 Damage
  • 60% Crit
Giant Glowstick is a middle-to-high-tier boomerang that emits light and also inficts the "Glowing!" buff (makes the target glow like ichor and leave a trail like illuminant enemies, purely cosmetic)
  • 44 Damage
  • 10% Crit
If you want to help, add this banner to your signature!

VV8Clgm.png

Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/queen-jellyfish.5731'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VV8Clgm.png[/IMG]  [/URL]

Sorry for my bad english
UPD: Added a summoning item
UPD: Added more drops, tnx @DakotaSpine for ideas ^-^
UPD: Increased health and damage, rebalanced drops, made Jelly Crown a bit harder to get.
UPD: Updated sprites! Thanks @Lyra @DivermanSam
UPD: Buffed the boss to early hardmode!
this is from a mod

Queen Jellyfish boss
output_4UqE0u_zpssbdrh0us.gif

x4HPbBu.png
She is an early hardmode boss summoned by using Jelly Crown while standing in the Ocean, recipe : A crown , amethyst and 3 jellyfishes (can be caught rarely while fishing in Underground)
Stats :

12000 HP

10 Defense

Attacks :
  • Summons common jellyfishes, 20 damage each
  • Dashes at player, 50 damage
  • Sprays 10-20 quick bubbles, 15 damage each
  • When player is outside of water, jumps at him and bounces on surface, 70 damage on contact and as well sprays bubbles.

Possible drops :
  • Gel - 50-60 (100%)
  • Glowsticks - 40-50 (100%)
  • Queen Jellyfish Trophy (10%)
  • Gold Coins - 6-8 (100%)
  • Piece of diving gear (100%)
  • Sparking Jellyball (10%)
  • Giant Glowstick (10%)

View attachment 12766 Giant Glowstick, Sparking Jellyball item and in-use sprites.
View attachment 12767 Sparking Jellyball animation

Sparking Jellyball is a middle-to-high-tier flail. It has low damage, but quite high critical strike chance and also 10% chance to both confuse and poison at the same time.
  • 20 Damage
  • 60% Crit
Giant Glowstick is a middle-to-high-tier boomerang that emits light and also inficts the "Glowing!" buff (makes the target glow like ichor and leave a trail like illuminant enemies, purely cosmetic)
  • 44 Damage
  • 10% Crit
If you want to help, add this banner to your signature!

VV8Clgm.png

Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/queen-jellyfish.5731'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VV8Clgm.png[/IMG]  [/URL]

Sorry for my bad english
UPD: Added a summoning item
UPD: Added more drops, tnx @DakotaSpine for ideas ^-^
UPD: Increased health and damage, rebalanced drops, made Jelly Crown a bit harder to get.
UPD: Updated sprites! Thanks @Lyra @DivermanSam
UPD: Buffed the boss to early hardmode!

I like it, but maybe so it’s more ocean related, what if you spawned it by fishing at an ocean using a jellyfish as bait instead?

oh ok. I don't support any of this because its from a mod but otherwise having it has a boss would fill the hole of not so many bosses in the game.

I've noticed that a lot of the last page comments are basically "this is from a mod you stole this",

This suggestion, while never added to the game, has been included in the Thorium Mod - and that's mentioned on both Thorium Mod wiki and forum thread.
The creator of Thorium Mod linked my profile and not this thread in all the info for whatever reason.

Also, as the original date of posting is quite hard to notice, I'll point out that this is a suggestion from 2014.

Supporting this suggestion is pointless at this point. Please only reply if you have something important to say.

Back
Top Bottom