NPCs & Enemies Queen Jellyfish

Do you want this boss in the game?

• Yup

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.

Metoot

Plantera
I should have said this long ago, but THIS HAS BEEN LONG SINCE ADDED TO THE THORIUM MOD

This is a very old suggestion, made when the game was different, the community was different and I myself was very different.
Please do not bump this thread unless it's something really important.

Queen Jellyfish boss
output_4UqE0u_zpssbdrh0us.gif

x4HPbBu.png
She is an early hardmode boss summoned by using Jelly Crown while standing in the Ocean, recipe : A crown , amethyst and 3 jellyfishes (can be caught rarely while fishing in Underground)
Stats :

12000 HP

10 Defense

Attacks :
  • Summons common jellyfishes, 20 damage each
  • Dashes at player, 50 damage
  • Sprays 10-20 quick bubbles, 15 damage each
  • When player is outside of water, jumps at him and bounces on surface, 70 damage on contact and as well sprays bubbles.

Possible drops :
  • Gel - 50-60 (100%)
  • Glowsticks - 40-50 (100%)
  • Queen Jellyfish Trophy (10%)
  • Gold Coins - 6-8 (100%)
  • Piece of diving gear (100%)
  • Sparking Jellyball (10%)
  • Giant Glowstick (10%)

jely weapons.png
Giant Glowstick, Sparking Jellyball item and in-use sprites.
sparking jellyball.gif
Sparking Jellyball animation

Sparking Jellyball is a middle-to-high-tier flail. It has low damage, but quite high critical strike chance and also 10% chance to both confuse and poison at the same time.
  • 20 Damage
  • 60% Crit
Giant Glowstick is a middle-to-high-tier boomerang that emits light and also inficts the "Glowing!" buff (makes the target glow like ichor and leave a trail like illuminant enemies, purely cosmetic)
  • 44 Damage
  • 10% Crit
If you want to help, add this banner to your signature!

VV8Clgm.png

Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/queen-jellyfish.5731'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VV8Clgm.png[/IMG]  [/URL]

UPD: Added a summoning item
UPD: Added more drops, tnx @DakotaSpine for ideas ^-^
UPD: Increased health and damage, rebalanced drops, made Jelly Crown a bit harder to get.
UPD: Updated sprites! Thanks @Lyra @DivermanSam
UPD: Buffed the boss to early hardmode!

Last edited:
Neat idea you've got here! Can't wait to see what the diver will look like! Though what is the recipe for the jelly crown, probably just 99 glowsticks and a crown.

This is a great idea :)
The sprites look great too :)
Support! +1 :D

But why is the trophy 5% when all other boss trophies are 10%?
Also, how is the Jellyfish crown obtained and where do you summon her?

This is a great idea :)
The sprites look great too :)
Support! +1 :D

But why is the trophy 5% when all other boss trophies are 10%?
Also, how is the Jellyfish crown obtained and where do you summon her?

Added recipe and changed drop rate.

Needs some work, but a good idea none-the-less. We really need a pre-hardmode ocean boss.

She should also drop royal gel, like the king slime is going to. What's royal gel DO? No one knows yet. But the queen jelly should drop it too.

really cool idea. I like it be awesome to fight her and have a diving set to wear. Would the diving set help people underwater? or just for show

A few things, Why just why... i was looking at the drops and there is really nothing the average terrarian(or maybe just me) would want. How do you craft the jelly crown? And maybe instead of "Jelly Crown" it should be "Jellied Crown". Not trying to be that guy who only has bad things to say but other than whose it looks like a cool boss fight to do for fun just not for the loot.

A few things, Why just why... i was looking at the drops and there is really nothing the average terrarian(or maybe just me) would want. How do you craft the jelly crown? And maybe instead of "Jelly Crown" it should be "Jellied Crown". Not trying to be that guy who only has bad things to say but other than whose it looks like a cool boss fight to do for fun just not for the loot.

Summoned by using Jelly Crown, recipe : A crown and a jellyfish :rolleyes:(can be caught rarely while fishing in Underground)

Please actually read a post before commenting.

Am I the only one who sees the SpongeBob reference here? I'd be in it for the trophy....that's about it.

What I suggest:
[] Change drops to something more useful

Support Rating: 6/10

This is pretty good! If you want I can request a spriter to both the Boss and the gif

Question: Woul it be pre-hardmode, hardmode or post-plantera?

Back
Top Bottom