Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I did notice this a while ago but just tested today.
Queen Slime treasure bag does not drop any developer sets despite being a hardmode boss.
Opened 1000 treasure bags as a test and did not get any developer set.
Opened 1000 Mech boss treasure bags to make sure it works, got 67 developer sets.

Last time I checked she dropped her own armor... the "Crystal Assassin" set. It doesn't state that she drops a vanity set on the wiki, so it seems it was intended.

Last time I checked she dropped her own armor... the "Crystal Assassin" set. It doesn't state that she drops a vanity set on the wiki, so it seems it was intended.
Developer items
In addition to the above, all Treasure Bags from Hardmode bosses have a 5% chance to contain a random set of developer items, meaning that each set has a 0.28% chance of being in a Hardmode boss Treasure Bag. Obtaining a Treasure Bag in an Expert world, then opening the bag in a Normal world will retain the Treasure Bag's chance to yield developer items.
Queen Slimes treasure bag is a hardmode expert-mode item. It should drop developer sets along with all items it normally drops.
It does not drop any developer sets as it should.

It's intentional that Queen Slime doesn't drop dev sets. The dev sets include armour and wings that are at a higher tier than what is available at the time and could make the mech bosses too easy.

1.3.5.3, the earliest bosses in HM were the mechs, and so the line was drawn there.

As Queen Slime is pre-mech, we had to decide on a new line, and the line is "Mech bosses and later", rather than "Hardmode Bosses".

1.3.5.3, the earliest bosses in HM were the mechs, and so the line was drawn there.

As Queen Slime is pre-mech, we had to decide on a new line, and the line is "Mech bosses and later", rather than "Hardmode Bosses".
Okay, that explains it.
Even though I would rank her higher than, like, the Destroyer, difficulty-wise.

Back
Top Bottom