Standalone Question about modding ranged weapons

sutepun

Terrarian
In preparation of the tmodloader 1.4 release, I am aiming to mod a ranged version of Zenith. The ultimate aim is that it will be a weapon that can use either bullets or arrows for ammo and has two firing modes: rapidfire and shotgun like shooting. The rapidfire mode will take any random arrow/bullet (for simplicity sake, just arrows and bullets and no other misc ammo) in your inventory and use that to shoot per round, and the shotgun mode will use 1 of all available ammo stacks in your inventory for its spread shot. For that I have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to create a weapon that can take both bullets and arrows as ammo?
  2. Is it possible to create a weapon that can shoot 1 arrow and 1 bullet simultanously? (although this function will most likely not be in the final weapon, it will be useful to know for the shotgun functionality)
  3. Is it possible to create a weapon that can randomly select an ammo stack in your inventory to shoot?
  4. Can you make a shotgun like behaviour that can shoot different stacks of ammo per spread?

If all else fails, I can make two versions of the Zenith ranged weapon that either takes arrows or bullets if the previous idea of using both forms of ammo is impossible.

Back
Top Bottom