Question about Mods.

Cerebrum123

Terrarian
Okay, I didn't see a good place to put this, so move it if it needs to be moved.

If I play Terraria with someone else online, they would need to have the exact same mod I'm using right? Right now I use Green Cat's XBOX Controller mod to play the game, and I wanted to know if other people would have to have that installed to play with me.

If you play with tConfig / tAPI, syncing mods is handled automatically - only the server needs the mods, everyone else gets them when connecting.

EDIT: Obviously that means everyone should have tConfig / tAPI installed (and the same version, too).

Some mods (Like NTerraria) will require a special server software and both needing the mods installed on their game.
And as far as I know, utility mods such as yours should work without both having this,but only those with the mod installed will have it.

If you play with tConfig / tAPI, syncing mods is handled automatically - only the server needs the mods, everyone else gets them when connecting.

EDIT: Obviously that means everyone should have tConfig / tAPI installed (and the same version, too).
I don't know if tAPI is compatible with Green Cat's mod. I know I have to use Game Launcher, and I added in TCCL, but they were both made by the same person, and Green Cat somehow made his mod dependent on Game Launcher.

I don't play Terraria much with others, but I thought it might be best to ask before trying to play with someone who doesn't have the mod.

If anything, it would have to be Green Cat's mod compatible with tAPI, as tAPI is a modding platform.
And I don't think he does support it, for the time being. He used to support tConfig though.

People, maybe someone knows the name of the mod, which has two cool katanas with interesting mechanics. One katana was doing a dash or something like that.
P.S. I found this mod, it's called Weapon Out, it has two cool katanas Raiden and Onsoku

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom