Xbox One Question about stopping the spread of corruption.

Hey everyone, I am new to this game and going off of information a friend has given me based on what he is doing.

when hardmode starts, the corruption/crimson starts to spread. I’ve been told and also seen videos of people stopping the spread by making 6 wide hellavators from the surface, to the underworld.

I am playing on an expert, large world. I have gone to both crimson biomes on the left and right side of my maps. Just before where each crimson biome started, I bombed a 6 block wide tunnel straight down to the underworld on both sides.
My question is, is this something I could have done once hardmode starts, or is it good I did this now?

also, i am starting to make a 5-6 block wide tunnel below and to the left and right of my base at spawn. Should I continue this now, or is this something to wait for hardmode?

As far as alters go, I don’t plan on breaking too much, as I am fishing and saving crates for hardmode.

my first world, on normal, I entered hard mode before I really knew what I was doing, it’s kind of a tester world now.

the world I have now is my main world that I am taking seriously.

thanks for any advice

You should use clentaminator with green solution (im playing on pc and i dont know if it clentaminator exist on consoles).

I know but its the best way.
But the evils are the strongest, and hardest to dispatch in this stage of the game as well. I would recommend boxing up any corruption/crimson biomes with a 4 blocks wide tunnel with uninfectable blocks on either side, in pre-hardmode.

Last edited:
But the evils are the strongest, and hardest to dispatch in this stage of the game as well. I would recommend boxing up any corruption/crimson biomes with a 4 blocks wide tunnel with uninfectable blocks on either side.
This sound like a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom