Question about the Endgame Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiooo

Terrarian
Hello everyone,

I am currently playing through the 1.3 but haven't reached the endgame yet.
On the wiki I've seen the available engame-wings (http://terraria.wiki.gg/Wings).
There's something bothering me:

Stardust wings have more height than Vortex Booster, but can't go as fast. None of the two is superior, they're both useful on their own.
But when it comes to Nebula and Solar, the Wiki says that the Solar is better in any other way: 1 Block more height (don't care) and 200% more Horizontal Flight Speed Bonus, while Nebula have 0%.
Is that a typo, or are Solar wings really a straight upgrade to Nebula?
If there is anthing the Nebula can do better, what is it?

I know that you can equip Wings over other Wings as Vanity, I just want to know what upside Nebula Mantle has.

Regards,
Xiooo

According to the wiki, the Nebula Mantle has no statistical upside that the Solar Wings don't have.

Sadly though, Wings in General have more or less died out due to the presence of the UFO, which is pretty sad if you ask me.

It's odd that people would choose the Cosmic Car Key over wings. Mounts are nice for traveling and whatnot, but my attempts to incorporate them into combat tend to end with me shrugging and taking off with my wings again. It just feels like you have so much more maneuverability with your wings -- especially since, as a melee player, I have the Solar Flare equipment and can dash away from trouble.

Agreed that the situation with the Nebula Mantle is kind of confusing.

It's odd that people would choose the Cosmic Car Key over wings. Mounts are nice for traveling and whatnot, but my attempts to incorporate them into combat tend to end with me shrugging and taking off with my wings again. It just feels like you have so much more maneuverability with your wings -- especially since, as a melee player, I have the Solar Flare equipment and can dash away from trouble.

indeed wings give more mobility but have limited flight where as the infinite mounts trade that control for unlimited air time. both have value however against bosses and the like I find the control of wings to be better (against nebula however the UFO works well staife and spam staife and spam...

Mounts are preferred over wings now because it frees up an Accessory slot for a stat boosting Accessory while still having mobility in the air.

That is a good point. But even limited flight time can be easily overcome if you have good timing.

The cosmic car keys just seem to overpowered in my opinion. Also, if you want you can just hide the Solar wings if you don't want them visually.

I didn't mean to start a discussion about the mounts :D

Alright, so the Nebula Mantle is completely useless?
Why is Re-Logic doing that?

Mothron Wings also have no stat for their horizontal movement speed. And yes, they are presumably broken. And yes, Booster > Car Key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom