Question [Question] Creating long hoiks

cj89898

Terrarian
Heyo,

Does anybody know if there is some sort of easier way (without TEdit) to make long distance hoiks? I'm currently making a vertical item hoik (Shown Below) and messed up and had to redo over half of it!
If anybody knows a quicker way to hammer to the correct position, skip a block placement, etc. let me know!

Edit: I realized I never put the picture here so.... here it is!
2016-12-02_18-26-03.jpg

Thanks for reading,
~cj

Last edited:
Short answer: No.

Long Answer: this has plaqued the community since hoiks were discovered and no mod has been created so far to alleviate this as far as I'm aware of...

Well... The first thing you could do to help with the building process is to put the blocks down first and make sure they are level and won't be interrupted by anything, then start hammering the blocks from point A to B. It may sound more time consuming then what you would be doing now, but for me its worked out well. Less margin of error because your taking it in steps. place it, adjust it, test it. simple enough there.

Can't say much more, but good luck.

What I do is I put down all of the blocks, set up the way to get on the hoik block and system, then I launch myself through it and get stuck, then, I hammer the block that is stopping me until it launches me to the next block then I continue to repeat this system till the end. You can even just keep clicking the hammer button and most likely no issues will arise, if you have more questions, or want a video, just say so and I will do so!

Heyo,

Does anybody know if there is some sort of easier way (without TEdit) to make long distance hoiks? I'm currently making a vertical item hoik (Shown Below) and messed up and had to redo over half of it!
If anybody knows a quicker way to hammer to the correct position, skip a block placement, etc. let me know!

Thanks for reading,
~cj
I have a horizontal hoik that goes across my entire world with switches for stop points on my world, only took about an hour and a half to make the entire thing

What I do is I put down all of the blocks, set up the way to get on the hoik block and system, then I launch myself through it and get stuck, then, I hammer the block that is stopping me until it launches me to the next block then I continue to repeat this system till the end. You can even just keep clicking the hammer button and most likely no issues will arise, if you have more questions, or want a video, just say so and I will do so!
I would do that for a player hoik as well, except for this was for an item hoik!
[doublepost=1480727771,1480724561][/doublepost]
I have a horizontal hoik that goes across my entire world with switches for stop points on my world, only took about an hour and a half to make the entire thing
Is there any way I could see this and maybe chat with ya? I can PM you my teamspeak IP, discord tag, skype, steam (ofc), whatever else.

I would do that for a player hoik as well, except for this was for an item hoik!
[doublepost=1480727771,1480724561][/doublepost]
Is there any way I could see this and maybe chat with ya? I can PM you my teamspeak IP, discord tag, skype, steam (ofc), whatever else.
idk what you would need to know, its just a bi-directional hoik that goes across the world

just put actuators on the part where you want to stop, and before you get on the hoik press the button that goes to that spot and you will stop there
How do I make sure no enemies spawn on there?

Also could I just see an image? I seem to be having troubles :3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom