Console Question for Pipeworks regarding the current version of Terraria on console

ArticReaper

Official Terrarian
So with the update for Terraria changing the game to how the pc one works. In terms of UI and everything.

Why was this "update" Just not released as a separate game? You said you reworked the game from the ground up so why get rid of the old one?

Just how Minecraft has done at the moment. Console has 2 different versions. The console version. And the mobile version.

Because I have been saying this from the start as soon as it was mentioned the game would have the pc UI. If I wanted to play with the Pc UI or anything like that. I would play it on pc. Yes some people don't have a decent enough pc to play it on pc. I'm one of those people. The whole reason I bought the console version was to play the console version.

I have bought Terraria on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Pc, Mobile and 3DS, Soon to also be the switch depending on what UI is used. Because I would rather play a version of Terraria that was intended for console players not Pc players. Because that is pretty much what the update is.

"The old engine was broken" So is the new one. Every update has broken the game in some shape or form. Then it gets fixed. And something else happens.

I did not mind waiting for updates to the game. It updates when it updates.

But I would love to know why was this "Update" Not released as a separate game? Delist the old one. And replace it with the new one. But leave the old one downloadable to those that own it before the new one came out. Rather than just update the old one to the new one. Regadless of content updates. I would much rather play Terraria with the old UI since I'm playing on console. I'm fine missing out on content. Or even then I have both versions and can play on both. I want to experience the new stuff. I jump on the new version. I wanna go back to the old one. I go back to the old one.

I doubt I will get a reply but never know. I'm legitimately curious on this matter and would love to know if there is an answer to it.

So with the update for Terraria changing the game to how the pc one works. In terms of UI and everything.

Why was this "update" Just not released as a separate game? You said you reworked the game from the ground up so why get rid of the old one?

Just how Minecraft has done at the moment. Console has 2 different versions. The console version. And the mobile version.

Because I have been saying this from the start as soon as it was mentioned the game would have the pc UI. If I wanted to play with the Pc UI or anything like that. I would play it on pc. Yes some people don't have a decent enough pc to play it on pc. I'm one of those people. The whole reason I bought the console version was to play the console version.

I have bought Terraria on Xbox 360, Xbox One, Pc, Mobile and 3DS, Soon to also be the switch depending on what UI is used. Because I would rather play a version of Terraria that was intended for console players not Pc players. Because that is pretty much what the update is.

"The old engine was broken" So is the new one. Every update has broken the game in some shape or form. Then it gets fixed. And something else happens.

I did not mind waiting for updates to the game. It updates when it updates.

But I would love to know why was this "Update" Not released as a separate game? Delist the old one. And replace it with the new one. But leave the old one downloadable to those that own it before the new one came out. Rather than just update the old one to the new one. Regadless of content updates. I would much rather play Terraria with the old UI since I'm playing on console. I'm fine missing out on content. Or even then I have both versions and can play on both. I want to experience the new stuff. I jump on the new version. I wanna go back to the old one. I go back to the old one.

I doubt I will get a reply but never know. I'm legitimately curious on this matter and would love to know if there is an answer to it.
So... Let me get this straight.

You’re saying console should be just the console version and the massive update should’ve just been a separate game...?o_O

You say it gets rid of the old one...

...What do you think a massive update is?

Sure I see what you’re saying but it doesn’t make ANY sense to release the same game, but with a PC Update. :indifferent:

I am so confused by everything you just said and I hope you realize how... “unnecessary”
this is.

So... Let me get this straight.

You’re saying console should be just the console version and the massive update should’ve just been a separate game...?o_O

You say it gets rid of the old one...

...What do you think a massive update is?

Sure I see what you’re saying but it doesn’t make ANY sense to release the same game, but with a PC Update. :indifferent:

I am so confused by everything you just said and I hope you realize how... “unnecessary”
this is.

Yes, I'm saying the "update" that was a rework of the entire engine. Should of been released as a separate game.

Its not unnecessary at all, Look at Minecraft. The have 2 versions of Minecraft on console. The one by 4Jstudios and the one by Microsoft which is the android port of the game.

Terraria was redone from the ground up and at that point it would of been better to release it as a separate game, So whats is hard to understand about that?

People would be able to enjoy the Legit console version. And the Pc version.

Yes, I'm saying the "update" that was a rework of the entire engine. Should of been released as a separate game.

Its not unnecessary at all, Look at Minecraft. The have 2 versions of Minecraft on console. The one by 4Jstudios and the one by Microsoft which is the android port of the game.

Terraria was redone from the ground up and at that point it would of been better to release it as a separate game, So whats is hard to understand about that?

People would be able to enjoy the Legit console version. And the Pc version.
Okay, I hear you but what is hard for me to understand is why a separate game even though it’s the same game?

Terraria had been the same since it’s release for console, but now with this huge update, the game is now more like PC which players may find very convenient especially if they’ve never played PC Terraria.

Still not seeing how this is off?

Okay well let’s just set a scenario:
You waltz into gamestop (or wherever you get your games from) right? You want to purchase Terraria for the first time. Okay, no problem! They have it, but then you see another copy but it has more content and may possibly be a dollar or two more than it’s normal copy. Well you want the game regardless right? But then someone tells you,”Um you know you can just buy the original one right? It’s the exact same game. Plus, your system updates the game to that same copy you’re looking at; more content, so this makes this copy very pointless.”

THAT’S my problem with this.

I have never seen a game been sold in separate versions. Do I like to see the old versions of a game’s life cycle? Of course! But do I wish for a separate version of that game? Well, no not really because it just doesn’t make sense.

If you just want to play the old versions, just don’t update the game. At least, I’d do that if I were you.;)

Kinda hard to when the game already updated.
As I said good sir,
“Don’t update the game”.

Of course that can’t be done obviously :D but at least for future, you can just stick on to whatever version your playing and not have to worry about PC updates or whatever the matter may be. Or here’s an idea for you my good man.

Purchase any old gen console terraria.
(WiiU, 3DS, PS3, PSVita and etc.)
All these versions are no longer being updated and don’t have the 1.3 Update.

If you don’t want to spend any money, then I’m afraid I cannot help you from this point.:(

All I can offer you now is to no longer update a game if you know it’ll be changed dramatically and want to keep the original version. Hope this helps some.

the old version of the game IS available... on ps3 and 360.

it can no longer be updated, so you'll have your old console version for as long as you want.

if you meant keep the old version on the newer consoles, and release a seperate version, and update BOTH versions of the game... you realize that would be an unimaginable amount of work for them, right?

having to update the newer version with the PC coding, as well as having to convert the PC stuff to the old version of the game to keep it up-to-date while also keeping its old console version stuff intact... do you realize how ridiculous that is?

the old version of the game IS available... on ps3 and 360.

it can no longer be updated, so you'll have your old console version for as long as you want.

if you meant keep the old version on the newer consoles, and release a seperate version, and update BOTH versions of the game... you realize that would be an unimaginable amount of work for them, right?

having to update the newer version with the PC coding, as well as having to convert the PC stuff to the old version of the game to keep it up-to-date while also keeping its old console version stuff intact... do you realize how ridiculous that is?
Um, that's not what @ArticReaper is saying. He's simply wishing that the Terraria devs had done what the Minecraft devs did; releasing the new version as a "separate" game, so that those who wish to play the old version can keep doing that (it wouldn't update).

And I agree, that would have been the best solution. But unfortunately that didn't happen, and there's no going back as the damage has already been done.

Um, that's not what @ArticReaper is saying. He's simply wishing that the Terraria devs had done what the Minecraft devs did; releasing the new version as a "separate" game, so that those who wish to play the old version can keep doing that (it wouldn't update).

And I agree, that would have been the best solution. But unfortunately that didn't happen, and there's no going back as the damage has already been done.

well like i said, the old version of the game IS available, on ps3 and 360... there is no reason to release an older version of the game as a separate game since that older version of the game is already available.

also, i don't know what you're talking about regarding minecraft, cause looking on the playstation store, i only see ONE version of minecraft.

well like i said, the old version of the game IS available, on ps3 and 360... there is no reason to release an older version of the game as a separate game since that older version of the game is already available.

also, i don't know what you're talking about regarding minecraft, cause looking on the playstation store, i only see ONE version of minecraft.

Thats because Playstation doesn't and at this current point in time isn't getting the new version of minecraft.

The 360/ps3 version of terraria is also different to the xbox one/ps4 versions.

Back
Top Bottom