Question [Question] How to selectively activate teleporters using logic gates and gem locks.

SpectreFKD

Headless Horseman
So, I'm quite new to the wiring scene - so to get started, I decided to make a teleporter station - that only activates when all of the gem switches are on (AND gate). The thing is, this teleports me right away since I'm already on the teleporter, but what I want, is for the teleporter to be activated by a switch; but ONLY when the gem switches are on.

Any ideas on how I'd do this? (This is what I have so far)
Capture 2016-05-28 18_54_26.png

So, I'm quite new to the wiring scene - so to get started, I decided to make a teleporter station - that only activates when all of the gem switches are on (AND gate). The thing is, this teleports me right away since I'm already on the teleporter, but what I want, is for the teleporter to be activated by a switch; but ONLY when the gem switches are on.

Any ideas on how I'd do this? (This is what I have so far)View attachment 113786

Add one more OFF lamp in the AND gate and connect it to your switch. That way you'll only be teleported if you hit the switch, and only if all the gem slots are full.

If you want that lamp to automatically reset after you hit the switch, you pass that wire through an AND gate with a single lamp on top. Like this:

s8NBJer.png
RfyAbOn.png

Pulling the lever will teleport the player, and the lamp connected to both the lever and the single-lamp AND gate will end up in the OFF position after the lever pull. The AND gate with the single lamp is an auto-reset mechanism, although it generates puffs of smoke when a signal is sent.

Last edited:
Add one more OFF lamp in the AND gate
This is the simplest way, and will work, but with the minor niggle that it will only teleport you every *other* switch click (so it'd be 50/50 whether it would work first time, if they had already tried the switch a bit).

To be sure, take the output from your multi-input AND gate (hiding behind that zombie) and feed it into a 'transistor' (AKA 'relay') setup: a single, regular lamp (on any gate) as the enable/disable input from the AND gate, and a faulty logic lamp as the switch input that will only be forwarded to activate the teleporters (or whatever) when the AND gate is active (with all the gems locked in). Like so:
62xzWBV.png

Also, would you mind please changing the title of this thread (using "thread tools", top of first post) to be a little more specific (we have lots of new thread at the moment about logic gates!). So, something like "[Question] How to selectively activate teleporters using logic gates and gem locks." :)

The only issue with leaving it at that is when the additional lamp is left in an ON state. For example, if you flip the switch on your teleporter with no gems in the slots the final lamp would turn on but nothing would happen. If you then inserted every gem you would be teleported as soon as you insert the last one. This is the same behavior we are trying to avoid. I purpose you add an additional lamp as well as an AND gate transistor like so:
bnOAv2j.png

UCYVo9C.png

Whenever you flip the switch on top of the teleporter it will toggle the final lamp in the large AND gate as well as the single lamp on the transistor above it. If all the gems are inserted you will teleport away. Additionally the second AND gate will always activate turning off both lamps connected to the teleporter switch so they are never left in the ON state.

ZeroGravitas beat me by a min... :confused:

Our approaches are the same, you can use the faulty gate with his wiring or the AND gate approach with my wiring. Utilize whichever works better and keeps things cleaner in your build.

Am I late to the party? You can wire the AND gate's output up to a transistor's base and-- Oh. Nevermind. I'm just going to stand over there for a bit.

Still though, you should use the transistor instead of self-resetting "regular" logic gates, just in order to prevent smoke. Hurts the environment. (In more than one sense, really. Kind of. Alright, I'm gonna stop.)

Capture 2016-05-28 20_26_39.png
Capture 2016-05-28 20_26_41.png

I have this - but it still isn't working as I'd like it to :\ When all the gem switches are unactive, the teleporter STILL works when the switch is clicked. I am 100% sure I'm doing something wrong, and I'm so confused! :p :confused:

Your teleporters are connected to each other and the switch, but not to the AND gate. Send the yellow wire from the AND gate box through both teleporters, and connect the switch with blue wire to the lamp at the very top. Remove the blue wires connecting the teleporters and the switch.

Back
Top Bottom