Question [Question] Is there a way for a mechanism to identify certain moon phase?

Teapare

Terrarian
I'm currently working on an in-game clock which also displays moon phase and has some other functions. I decided to add day and night logic sensors so that the clock can deal with Enchanted Sundial. That also made it set its time automatically, which is great. However, the moon phase still has to be set manually at the beginning. Now I'm looking for the way to somehow let the clock know, which moon phase is active now, and if the clock says otherwise, then change what it says to what it is. This would help it set the phase automatically too and also avoid some failures in its work. So, if there's any way to detect at least one moon phase, if there is anything special about that moon phase that can be used by a mechanism, I would be glad to know it. Thank you.
Sorry for my poor language btw.

Hmm, I don't think it's possible to detect a specific moon phase without using mods. But is it really an issue? Once the mechanism is synchronised by you, the builder, it should stay synchronised as long as nobody messes with the mechanism itself.
By counting pulses from the day sensor (moon phase changes when night -> day), you should be able to keep track of the moon phases. The enchanted sundial doesn't change that as far as I know. Day/Night sensors should still work properly.

Hmm, I don't think it's possible to detect a specific moon phase without using mods. But is it really an issue? Once the mechanism is synchronised by you, the builder, it should stay synchronised as long as nobody messes with the mechanism itself.
By counting pulses from the day sensor (moon phase changes when night -> day), you should be able to keep track of the moon phases. The enchanted sundial doesn't change that as far as I know. Day/Night sensors should still work properly.
I know, I just was a bit obsessed with the idea of auto-setting. It's just that when I create stuff like that, I always try to make it as automatic as possible to make it so that it works properly no matter what the user does to it. I also thought: what if the clock is on server and someone changes the time with a command? If it changes from night to day, for example, then the clock will get the signal, and will be like: what the hell? what is going on? and will set the time to 4:30 even if it's not 4:30. But if it's still night, just different time, then the clock won't even detect the issue until morning. And the phase could change because of the player's manipulations but the clock won't ever know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom