PC Question regarding sprite fonts:

Techdude594

Skeletron Prime
Hey guys! I have a question for the devs: How did you guys manage to compress your sprite fonts to become so small? @Kiddles and I are trying to fix our sprite fonts, ever since the new languages were given support in 1.3.5, sprite fonts from our UI pack are broken, and we are currently trying to fix them. However, we always find the files to be over 300 mb, which is not ideal for a texture pack download size. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Pretty much what Techdude just said. The only two methods I'm aware of for making SpriteFonts makes them rather bloaty. I'm not sure if the devs use some special handler or 3rd party tool, but when using Visual Studio, they come out very large because it has to make an image for all the characters I want to include, which makes it difficult with how many Chinese characters there are. If someone can give any tips on how to keep the size of these things small, and build time short, it would certainly help. Otherwise, custom fonts are pretty much a dead thing.

Indeed, we don't want custom fonts to die just like this! They are very nice for those who don't like the default Andy Font!

Back
Top Bottom