Mobile Quick question about Android builds

sandattack

Terrarian
Hey guys and girls

I am getting a new phone. I used to have a Windows phone, and so does my daughter, and we love playing Terraria together.

There's about 2 Windows phones on the market and I think I will go with Android this time around. The question I have is, what multiplayer version is Android on currently? Since I assume, like everyone else, Terraria will jump ship on WM at least for updating the software ;) It's a dying (dead?) platform so I don't imagine much more support.

That said, is it possible to get the Terraria app package for a previous Android build that would match up to the WM multiplayer version (23 currently I believe)? I'd then just prevent it from updating so we could continue to play cross platform.

Thank you in advance!

Hey guys and girls

I am getting a new phone. I used to have a Windows phone, and so does my daughter, and we love playing Terraria together.

There's about 2 Windows phones on the market and I think I will go with Android this time around. The question I have is, what multiplayer version is Android on currently? Since I assume, like everyone else, Terraria will jump ship on WM at least for updating the software ;) It's a dying (dead?) platform so I don't imagine much more support.

That said, is it possible to get the Terraria app package for a previous Android build that would match up to the WM multiplayer version (23 currently I believe)? I'd then just prevent it from updating so we could continue to play cross platform.

Thank you in advance!
Hi @sandattack, welcome to the forums.

I think all mobile platforms are currently on multiplayer version 23. I know for sure iOS is on 23. Here's my iPad screen I just took. Click to enlarge.
image.png

Hopefully an Android user will stop by and confirm that Android is also on multiplayer version 23. (Go to Play>Choose a character>Join Game)

Just as a note though - the mobile version is expected to get a huge content update and a brand new code base hopefully later this year. No one knows yet which devices will be able to handle it, so if it does end up that one device cannot update, you'll be missing out on tons of new content on the device that is able to update. A toss up though since being able to continue playing multiplayer with your daughter will be worth it. No chance you both will get new phones, haha? :merchantwink:

I think all mobile platforms are currently on multiplayer version 23. I know for sure iOS is on 23. Here's my iPad screen I just took. Click to enlarge.
View attachment 177878

Hopefully an Android user will stop by and confirm that Android is also on multiplayer version 23. (Go to Play>Choose a character>Join Game)

Just as a note though - the mobile version is expected to get a huge content update and a brand new code base hopefully later this year. No one knows yet which devices will be able to handle it, so if it does end up that one device cannot update, you'll be missing out on tons of new content on the device that is able to update. A toss up though since being able to continue playing multiplayer with your daughter will be worth it. No chance you both will get new phones, haha? :merchantwink:

Hey thanks!

If that is the case then perfect, now would be a good time to switch phones!

Well, I do have an old S4 lying here that I could also give her, dunno how well it would run Terraria though.

My guess would be that WM will miss that huge update cause... it's WM :D

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Hopefully an Androider will pop in too so I can be sure before I order this thing!

Thanks
again :)

View attachment 177878

Hi just found this post.
I`m an Android player and can confirm Android runs on multiplayer version 23.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170727-194951.png
    Screenshot_20170727-194951.png
    440.1 KB · Views: 119
@Unit One @BranMuffin

You guys are awesome. Thanks so much!!!!
Hey guys and girls

Thank you in advance!

Yes android is currently on multiplayer 23 tho I've had some connection issues it works well most of the

Keep in mind that if you plan to transfer your worlds over your 2 otions would be cloud save or root the android device
Tho im not sure if ios , wm and ios saves are cross compatible

Is there an Android app for multiplayer? There's one I found on Google Play but it appears it hasn't worked for some time.

Is there an Android app for multiplayer? There's one I found on Google Play but it appears it hasn't worked for some time.
There is no official or supported online multiplayer app for mobile. The ones you find are all made by third parties. You can try them, but we don't recommend or support them.

Back
Top Bottom