Other "quick return to home" key

Don't double post please, just write what you want to write in the first message. If you forget something, just edit your post.

For the idea itself, This would probably be a little to OP.

this is not OP at all! I carry a cell phone in slot #8 and clicking 'z' or something is just as fast.
So pressing a key is the same speed as pressing a key that’s farther away and then pressing a different button (the mouse)?

Think about what you’re saying.

So pressing a key is the same speed as pressing a key that’s farther away and then pressing a different button (the mouse)?

exept your hand is on your mouse 24/7. and its hard for me to hit z because i have to take my hand off wasd and not move

I thought this idea when I was playing, a horde of skeletons in the dungeon were towards me and there was no escape, so then when I was going to use the magic mirror and the skeletons killed me. there's no why you wouldn't put this in-game

exept your hand is on your mouse 24/7. and its hard for me to hit z because i have to take my hand off wasd and not move
Then set it to F or something (in fact, I do exactly that when playing with mods that add this.)

You have infinite flexibility with hotkeys. That is why balancing around them is required. You also still have to move your hand off of WASD to hit 8.

Then set it to F or something (in fact, I do exactly that when playing with mods that add this.)

You have infinite flexibility with hotkeys. That is why balancing around them is required. You also still have to move your hand off of WASD to hit 8.
you can also use your scroll wheel

you can also use your scroll wheel
That isn’t accurate, and if you’re going slow enough to be accurate, then it still requires more time than a hotkey.
I thought this idea when I was playing, a horde of skeletons in the dungeon were towards me and there was no escape, so then when I was going to use the magic mirror and the skeletons killed me. there's no why you wouldn't put this in-game
Explain how to get around the free teleport away from every attack in the game that this would give you then.

That isn’t accurate, and if you’re going slow enough to be accurate, then it still requires more time than a hotkey.

Explain how to get around the free teleport away from every attack in the game that this would give you then.
it takes you home. would you really want to return to your spawn that often? and you can still teleport away from every attack without the hotkey

just put a 30 seconds cooldown or even 1 minutes, not only to the quick return to home key but to all the kinds of teleports

What would you put the cooldown on? If you put after the teleport it still can be abused, and before the teleport would cause other problems, such as people complaining about it taking too long and the fact you just defeated the point of having a hotkey. If you put a recall potion on a hotkey that would be abused massively, even if most players use it as a quality of life feature, others would use it to break things, like boss battles.

What would you put the cooldown on? If you put after the teleport it still can be abused, and before the teleport would cause other problems, such as people complaining about it taking too long and the fact you just defeated the point of having a hotkey. If you put a recall potion on a hotkey that would be abused massively, even if most players use it as a quality of life feature, others would use it to break things, like boss battles.
people already cheat boss battles like moon lord without hotkey. can you give examples for how else it would be abused?

Make it have doubled startup and a 30 second cooldown and then it might balanced. I think having to wait about 2 and a half seconds for the actual teleport is enough.
people already cheat boss battles like moon lord without hotkey. can you give examples for how else it would be abused?
They're patching out those methods of cheating.

Back
Top Bottom