NPCs & Enemies Quick teleport between Town NPCs

JuicyMeats

Official Terrarian
To make it much easier to move between NPCs, maybe a quick teleport function would be kinda helpful? I mean, going (in a large world) to the Jungle just to get the Leaf Wings is an absolutely massive pain, so, maybe? Just, maybe???

Requests
-Click on the map icon of a Town NPC to teleport between them, similar in function to a Wormhole Potion, even though it's not required.

You can already:

A- Use a King/Queen statue to teleport them wherever you'd like
B- Build a house for them at night, and then move them there.

Those two methods are efficient enough, and with how little you really need to move NPCs around we don't need any more.

Doesn't a king/queen statue teleport a random male/female Town NPC, not a specific one? And what if you need them in a specific biome to sell the thing you want, like the Merchant in a Tundra biome selling Marshmallows, or the Witch Doctor in a Jungle biome selling Leaf Wings? Good point, nonetheless.

Doesn't a king/queen statue teleport a random male/female Town NPC, not a specific one? And what if you need them in a specific biome to sell the thing you want, like the Merchant in a Tundra biome selling Marshmallows, or the Witch Doctor in a Jungle biome selling Leaf Wings? Good point, nonetheless.
It doesn't really matter that it's random. You can spam the signal,, and the npcs will teleport back home when night comes.

There is an item that allows that, in Throrium mod for example - it's the reward for the contract to hunt down a rune mage. It's a very convinient thing to have for fast travel.
Though wall-mounted magic mirrors are also pretty very good.

In the end, both are nice alternative ways of teleporters without the cost in money and time to build actual teleporters.

There is an item that allows that, in Throrium mod for example - it's the reward for the contract to hunt down a rune mage. It's a very convinient thing to have for fast travel.
Though wall-mounted magic mirrors are also pretty very good.

In the end, both are nice alternative ways of teleporters without the cost in money and time to build actual teleporters.
Whiiiiiiiiich means that they get totally outclassed and this change would effectively remove the need for them from the game. Effectively removing content.

Yeah... this would be too powerful. I think the Double Spawn exploit is enough for now.

Last edited:
Doesn't a king/queen statue teleport a random male/female Town NPC, not a specific one? And what if you need them in a specific biome to sell the thing you want, like the Merchant in a Tundra biome selling Marshmallows, or the Witch Doctor in a Jungle biome selling Leaf Wings?

If you are this concerned about only teleporting that one specific NPC, you are still left with the choice to build a little house for them at night and then tear it down.

Minecarts and Teleporters are enough fast travel in this game, no need to remove their entire purpose from the game with stuff like this.

Whiiiiiiiiich means that they get totally outclassed and this change would effectively remove the need for them from the game. Effectively removing content.

Yeah... this would be too powerful. I think the Double Spawn exploit is enough for now.
What I mean, of course they are. But, on first playthrough, I built a large teleport system from my base to various biomes and other landmarks. never mind the cost of the wires, it takes lots of time to build them, and that was a small world.

Point being, why to spend hours on building a complex teleport system than just use something that works similar, and a lot faster to set up. Cheating? somewhat yes, but, it's mostly just about helping you waste a lot less time building long range releporter systems, or traveling back-and-forth between places all the time.

The time spent on that could be spent on more fun things instead, such as building something fancy, or going adventuring or something...

What I mean, of course they are. But, on first playthrough, I built a large teleport system from my base to various biomes and other landmarks. never mind the cost of the wires, it takes lots of time to build them, and that was a small world.

Point being, why to spend hours on building a complex teleport system than just use something that works similar, and a lot faster to set up. Cheating? somewhat yes, but, it's mostly just about helping you waste a lot less time building long range releporter systems, or traveling back-and-forth between places all the time.

The time spent on that could be spent on more fun things instead, such as building something fancy, or going adventuring or something...
Considering how much effort people are willing to put in for far less useful quality of life like the Ankh Shield, Cell Phone, or Lava Waders, I don't think creating a teleporter system is too much for anyone.

Considering how much effort people are willing to put in for far less useful quality of life like the Ankh Shield, Cell Phone, or Lava Waders, I don't think creating a teleporter system is too much for anyone.
Arguable. You can get components of those via adventuring too - though it do often requires farming, because RNG is usually not on your side... - except fishing, but I don't really like that either XD

Point being. Can you build a long range teleporter system? yes. would you like to spend hours on building it? that part is arguable. some are fine with it, some might would prefer some other ways.

Arguable. You can get components of those via adventuring too - though it do often requires farming, because RNG is usually not on your side... - except fishing, but I don't really like that either XD

Point being. Can you build a long range teleporter system? yes. would you like to spend hours on building it? that part is arguable. some are fine with it, some might would prefer some other ways.
Building a teleporter system doesn't take hours though, unless you have like 10 different important landmarks (who?)

unless you have like 10 different important landmarks (who?)
One of my worlds had multiple mini fishing bases in each biome, more than 10 total :dryadtongue:
(This was back when I was trying to get the Supreme Helper Minion achievement so I built the bases to pass time)

Minecarts and Teleporters are enough fast travel in this game, no need to remove their entire purpose from the game with stuff like this.

I think I know what you mean, because a cheat involving this could be used by fitting any Town NPC somewhere, and doing the same on any specific landmark you'd like to go to. This results in a basic "train station" where you could visit any time.

A way to fix that is maybe to add an "NPC teleport cooldown" that lasts ten minutes where you can't quick teleport to a Town NPC.

Yep, that's fine. Plus, it's my first recommendation to actually be used! That's exciting.

What's it (the mod) called?

Breakdown? I tried searching on Bing but nothing came up.

Unless I'm stupid.

Edit: Don't say that I need to search "Terraria: Breakdown" because I did.

Back
Top Bottom