Tool Quick Wave Bank - An easy, no-hassle Wave Bank creator

I´ve got a problem, after trying to build a wavebank it gives me this error log:

Building for Win32...
Building global settings file C:\Users\JoaquÝn Graell\AppData\Local\Temp\TriggersToolsGames\QuickWaveBank\WaveBankProject.xgs
Building wave bank C:\Users\JoaquÝn Graell\AppData\Local\Temp\TriggersToolsGames\QuickWaveBank\Wave Bank.xwb
C:\Users\Joaquín Graell\Desktop\UT wvb\funk-fiction-portabellohead-2-3-remix-trip-hop.wav: Error: The wave file could not be found
The wave file could not be found
Failed to create wave bank!
See console log for more details.
>Joaquín Graell
>JoaquÝn Graell\
What is it?
Make your path in English only and everything should work.
upd. And remove the spaces in the "Wave Bank.xwb", maybe??

Last edited:
Would this program theoretically work with extracting the wavebank of 1.4 as-is, or would we have to wait for you to update it first?
I actually THINK it could work with 1.4, as long as we know the amount of tracks and all of that. When to try adding an extra track it just lists it as "unknown" (or something like that), so I guess that, as long as it lets you add more tracks than the 41 that we have right now, everything will be ok.
It's just a theory though, so I would like an official response from the dev.

I actually THINK it could work with 1.4, as long as we know the amount of tracks and all of that. When to try adding an extra track it just lists it as "unknown" (or something like that), so I guess that, as long as it lets you add more tracks than the 41 that we have right now, everything will be ok.
It's just a theory though, so I would like an official response from the dev.
Ive made a 1.4 wavebank using the change logs order (probably not ordered like the new additions but its more or less a test to find the tracklist in my 1.4 playthrough) and the tool did make one with 59 songs, gotta wait till tomorrow to see if it works though and im kinda nervous

I've tried extracting the tracks from the wavebank itself, and it worked perfectly (the only problem is that the new tacks have no name, but that's expected)... Also, the wavebank file has 88 tracks.... WHAT THE HELL.

For those who don't know, 1.4 added a feature for the party girl that allows her to change some of the tracks in the game for some orchestral ones (presumably from Terraria Otherworld), and that's what made the number of tracks that high.
I think I'll personally be ignoring those alternative tracks in my works, just because they are "alternative" and a lot of the series I've made wavebanks of don't have a lot of tracks that can fit them.

1. i can also account that it works perfectly and Ill even put the tracklist (except the party girl swaps)
    42 Space Day 43 Ocean Night 44 Windy Day 45 Wind Ambience(meaning the sound of wind for a windy day) 46 Town Day 47 Town Night 48 Slime Rain 49 Terraira Remix(music box only) 50 launch Title Screen 51 Alt Title Screen 52 Thunderstorm 53 Graveyard 54 Underground Jungle 55 Night Jungle 56 Early hardmode new boss 57 Late hardmode new boss 58 Duke Fishron 59 Morning Rain 60 Console Theme(music box only) 61 Underground Desert 62-88 are the partygirl theme swaps​

Last edited:
  1. i can also account that it works perfectly and Ill even put the tracklist (except the party girl swaps)
    42 Space Day 43 Ocean Night 44 Windy Day 45 Wind Ambience(meaning the sound of wind for a windy day) 46 Town Day 47 Town Night 48 Slime Rain 49 Terraira Remix(music box only) 50 launch Title Screen 51 Alt Title Screen 52 Thunderstorm 53 Graveyard 54 Underground Jungle 55 Night Jungle 56 Hallow Boss 57 New Boss 58 Duke Fishron 59 Morning Rain 60 Console Theme(music box only) 61 Underground Desert 62-88 are the partygirl theme swaps​
This helps a lot, I was trying to do it myself, but I got tired and forgot about it. Thank you!

This helps a lot, I was trying to do it myself, but I got tired and forgot about it. Thank you!
I have also figured out the otherworld soundtrack but its a bit hard to explain so i would say just go to the music box page on the wiki and all of them are in order except boss 1 and boss 2 so switch them and thats the otherworld tracklist

Got the proper otherworld soundtrack for those who dont want to have to back and forth between a wiki and such for their wavebanks

62.rain
63.overworld day
64.night
65.underground
66.desert
67.ocean
68.Mushrooms
69.dungeon(also applies to temple i think but not sure)
70.space
71.underworld
72.snow
73.corruption
74.underground corruption
75.crimson
76.Underground crimson
77.underground snow
78.underground hallow
79.eerie(blood moon, meteorite, graveyard, and solar eclipse i think)
80.boss 1 (havent fully tested this but i believe its all pre hard mode bosses minus WOF and maybe the new early hardmode boss/duke fishron)
81.Boss 2 (mech bosses and golem)
82.Invasion (all invasions including old ones army)
83.Lunar pillars
84.moon lord
85.plantera
86.jungle
87.wall of flesh
88hallow.

Last edited:
Well it's been long overdue. But I've finally tackled (hopefully) most of the build errors resulting in invalid wave banks. And Terraria 1.4 track names are loaded and ready! All the work the community has put into getting the track list names has really helped with this latest release. You are all amazing! <3

Future Improvements
I've been researching more about the Wave Bank format, and in the future I hope to skip most of the lengthy build process (especially extracting Rain + Wind sfx just to build with the O.G. sounds). I'm now able to read and move around tracks in existing Wave Bank files meaning without rebuilding, it should be possible to insert/move/remove/and rearrange tracks on the fly.

In-program track name customization
In the downloads section of this thread is the QuickWaveBank_TrackNames.txt file which is a template for changing the names of tracks - as displayed in/and extracted by QuickWaveBank. (one track name per line) It should be placed in the same folder as the QuickWaveBank program (or in Documents/My Games/Terraria for a fixed location).

f4ki00S.png

P.S.
Roses Des Neiges is correct. :happy: There is no required number of tracks when building or extracting. Meaning you can insert 1, or 100, etc... Although Terraria will still refuse a wavebank with an incorrect number of tracks, can't do much about that. The "Unknown" track names go all the way back to the old TExtract program.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for making this tool. <3

I'm wondering if there is some way to get the filesize for my RO wavebank down any further than 180 MB. I tried making the .wav files a lower bitrate and sampling rate to cut down their size, but it seems this tool fails to encode those and ends up with a wavebank that is just over 1 GB somehow. I'm also going to guess that even if you could produce a more compressed wavebank this way, Terraria might refuse its format outright. Or am I wrong?

Thank you very much for making this tool. <3

I'm wondering if there is some way to get the filesize for my RO wavebank down any further than 180 MB. I tried making the .wav files a lower bitrate and sampling rate to cut down their size, but it seems this tool fails to encode those and ends up with a wavebank that is just over 1 GB somehow. I'm also going to guess that even if you could produce a more compressed wavebank this way, Terraria might refuse its format outright. Or am I wrong?

I believe going into Options > Advanced > Format, and lowering the Quality option from its default of 60 (present with xWma) should help with reducing file size... by how much, I'm not too sure. I'm haven't tested how noticeable the quality reduction is in-game yet. Switching to other format types won't help in size reduction, and the ADPCM format option is still broken.

geoifWT.png

And for the sample rate, back in 2017 I recall the underlying build tool being very picky on this subject. But I can try fiddling with it some more, as I have a few ideas as to why its picky with that. One being how I pass the songs to the underlying build tool without specifying audio parameters, meaning it may just assume default settings/encodings... you know, this could actually account for a huge number of encoding issues if it turns out to be a factor. `:happy:

Edit: On Terraria refusing formats, I think that may only apply to the track count, but I'll need to do more on confirming what it does and doesn't accept. Its hard to determine if a wave bank is valid (in any game/use-case) from a glance. But there's a ton I can do now to check this post-build, with the research I've done over the last week.

The huge file sizes on failure, I believe, are due to Wave Banks writing everything in as raw PCM (uncompressed / .wav) before encoding to smaller formats. When this fails, it stops half way through, meaning you're left with the uncompressed data all in one file.

Last edited:
Dude you saved my day. Was about to make MGR:R music pack again (dunno what happened to the old one, it just vanished) and then I found this gem. You are an absolute legend. Thanks to you I won't have to suffer the pain making this wave bank again. Thank you.

I got a problem when i tried my wave bank.
The moment that i start the game there's no music.
whenever i try to raise the volume of the music in the options, it just goes back to 0
i don't know what could be causing it.

whenever i try to raise the volume of the music in the options, it just goes back to 0
Thats what happened to me when i used less then 88 tracks. make sure you dont have less or more and try again

Thats what happened to me when i used less then 88 tracks. make sure you dont have less or more and try again
I did use the 88 tracks.
I tried just putting the default otherworldly tracks, and that didn't work too.
[Edit. I don't know how. but i got it to work.]

Last edited:
This means the wavebank creation has failed somehow, but QuickWaveBank is still not great at reporting this.

I'm writing up a quick program to display/dump information on a created wavebank file, which can then be used to troubleshoot the issue (like for submitting bug reports).
9/10 times it's not a simple issue like the track count.

can you use this to extract terraria's soundtrack high quality?
I'd imagine the official OST would be higher quality, but the extracted wave bank is the same quality as what you get in the game (although xWMA (.wma) format is converted to PCM (.wav)).
I have not compared the two myself.

Back
Top Bottom