Tool Quick Wave Bank - An easy, no-hassle Wave Bank creator

how do I make songs loop.

I've heard this issue mentioned a couple of times now, but I'm having trouble reproducing it. Could you give more explicit details on what's happening?

By loop, do you mean loop points, where the song plays the full track then loops by skipping some specified amount of its intro from then on?

or...

By loop, do you mean they stop playing after reaching the end and then never repeat/complete silence? More specifically,
  • Are multiple tracks, (or all tracks), not repeating?
  • Are the tracks consistently not repeating? (Aka, they always just stop and never replay)
  • Whats the longest you've waited after a track has finished in complete silence?
  • What are the durations of the track(s) that are not repeating?
  • If it's only specific tracks, then mentioning what tracks they are may help me pinpoint if it's some behavior of the game or something else.
(There's no need to go digging for this info if you don't already know it offhand, but it would help.)

I have a few guesses on possible reasons for silence after tracks (that would also only affect some users).

A:
Internally, Terraria has a setting that enables a small pause before repeating a track. From the looks of it, that pause can range up to 14 seconds(?), though I still need to look more into it. I can't find anything that actually enables this setting, but also have some guesses on that. (such as it being related to the experimental features option in config.json)​

B:
There's also the title/intro music. I think my explanation on it (in the main post) is wrong. And that I still don't fully understand why I was met with silence once. (Which is possibly related to this issue).​

There's also the title/intro music. I think my explanation on it (in the main post) is wrong. And that I still don't fully understand why I was met with silence once. (Which is possibly related to this issue).
Yeah I have two different banks, one has 50 going for just over a minute and the other going for just 10 seconds, but they both correctly transition into 51 with no issues.

Last edited:
If I replace an audio file that's on the list, with another one with the same name, do I need add it again to the list?

I am touching up some of the audios so they loop properly and they are not met with 10 seconds of silence after they end (a problem with the songs themselves)

Last edited:
I've heard this issue mentioned a couple of times now, but I'm having trouble reproducing it. Could you give more explicit details on what's happening?

By loop, do you mean loop points, where the song plays the full track then loops by skipping some specified amount of its intro from then on?

or...

By loop, do you mean they stop playing after reaching the end and then never repeat/complete silence? More specifically,
  • Are multiple tracks, (or all tracks), not repeating?
  • Are the tracks consistently not repeating? (Aka, they always just stop and never replay)
  • Whats the longest you've waited after a track has finished in complete silence?
  • What are the durations of the track(s) that are not repeating?
  • If it's only specific tracks, then mentioning what tracks they are may help me pinpoint if it's some behavior of the game or something else.
(There's no need to go digging for this info if you don't already know it offhand, but it would help.)

I have a few guesses on possible reasons for silence after tracks (that would also only affect some users).

A:
Internally, Terraria has a setting that enables a small pause before repeating a track. From the looks of it, that pause can range up to 14 seconds(?), though I still need to look more into it. I can't find anything that actually enables this setting, but also have some guesses on that. (such as it being related to the experimental features option in config.json)​

B:
There's also the title/intro music. I think my explanation on it (in the main post) is wrong. And that I still don't fully understand why I was met with silence once. (Which is possibly related to this issue).​

Regarding this, I am able to loop songs, I just need to edit them with Audacity. I had never have this issue, at least not long silence.

Assuming the problem is that there is a short silence after the song ends, sometimes songs don't loop properly because the songs are not designed to be looped, or they have pauses at the beggining and end. My advice is to edit them with audacity or any audio editing program, and leave less than a second of silence or no silence at the beggining and end of the audio files (exceptions can apply when fading in and out audio).
I noticed most videogame music leaves less than a second, and music not designed for videogames leave a second or more than a second.

Terraria does add a pause after a song ends though, very small I believe. I can't say for sure, and I would be happy to test if my computer was available (gonna replace a part, and I am working on a backup script too). You can test it yourself very easily, to help you out, I found an audio that loops perfectly, and edited it so there's no silence at all. (It would be really easy and quick to test this myself, if only I wasn't in the middle of something). Additionally, none of the songs by Terraria have a loop that doesn't end in a short silence, most of them have 3-8 miliseconds of silence at the beggining and/or end. I also don't get more silence by disabling or enabling compression

It could also be an error of your application, but my guess is Terraria or just processing stuff.

The source of this loop:
Compressed with:
Compress WAV Audio Files, Online WAV File Compressor | YouCompress (has ads)

If the issue is with specific wav files, knowing how they were encoded may be helpful I think, but I can't help with that

Attachments

• loop no silence1.wav
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
I am going to try and see if there is silence with the audio I provided, I'll record the audio to get the exact miliseconds of silence the app or terraria adds.

Last edited:
Sorry, I am using internet explorer

I made a wavebank using the song above, started recording, and tested, and there is no silence (if the song in itself has no silence). Terraria does crossfade the audio though, it crossfades for 1 second and 800 miliseconds or less.
1596330200060.png

This means that, if there is silence when you go to another biome or when the song ends, in most cases it will be because the song itself has silence and you will need to remove the silence with an audio editor (such as audacity). In rare cases, it could be caused because of your device or the app or something. If someone has a problem like this, it would be better if they upload their audio file to verify that the problem is not their audio file.
My tip as I said before, is that you leave 800-300 miliseconds of silence or fading. I believe it repeats better this way and I like it.

you can find the video here
Code:
<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.338%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/wr7dvj" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

Edit: Below is proof that the song I used had no silence
1596343350351.png

1596343377055.png

end
1596343441975.png

1596343522896.png

Attachments

• 1596343496988.png
    1596343496988.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Sorry, I am using internet explorer

I made a wavebank using the song above, started recording, and tested, and there is no silence (if the song in itself has no silence). Terraria does crossfade the audio though, it crossfades for 1 second and 800 miliseconds or less.
View attachment 285521
This means that, if there is silence when you go to another biome or when the song ends, in most cases it will be because the song itself has silence and you will need to remove the silence with an audio editor (such as audacity). In rare cases, it could be caused because of your device or the app or something. If someone has a problem like this, it would be better if they upload their audio file to verify that the problem is not their audio file.
My tip as I said before, is that you leave 800-300 miliseconds of silence or fading. I believe it repeats better this way and I like it.

you can find the video here
Code:
<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.338%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/wr7dvj" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

Edit: Below is proof that the song I used had no silence
View attachment 285530
View attachment 285531
end
View attachment 285532
View attachment 285534

I am planning to create a WaveBank of Final Fantasy (IV, V, VI, & MQ). Based on your conversation and your experience, is the prolonged silence due to poor audio clipping? I have knowledge to create loops and I know that problem is obvious, but, I would not like to think that it is a Software bug (of QuickWB).

sorry for being so late i just forget this website exists. No the music doesnt go silent after ending, its just that it doesnt correctly loop. When a song would end it just goes quiet and starts again. It loops but its not a good loop. Oh and i mean the first option.
> By loop, do you mean loop points, where the song plays the full track then loops by skipping some specified amount of its intro from then

Hey, does anyone have any idea of what track no. 89 is and when it plays? It was the new track added in 1.4.1 and I legit have no idea of its name, and I can't find anything about it.

All right, so, I started having problems with the program all of a sudden
This is the error I get:

ss1.png

It happens from the Otherworld tracks onward (including song no. 89). I've tried changing the names of the songs, reinstalling the program, and some other things, and it doesn't work. I thought it maybe was because of added the new song and it somehow messed everything up... But nope, I also tried it without it and it still gave me an error.
It's strange. So far I've made two 1.4 wavebanks and they were perfectly fine. No idea of what happened, any idea?

EDIT: It actually fixed itself... I have no idea of what I did or how I solved it, but whatever. Pretty strange stuff.

Last edited:
heya !! i'm running into a problem. i can place the wav files into the tool and build the wavebank just fine, it's just that anytime i load up terraria, the music slider on the volume tab keeps forcing itself to 0%. i've run into this problem before, but that was using a completely different tool, and i don't know what i'm doing wrong with this one. another question, are there 88 songs or 89?

heya !! i'm running into a problem. i can place the wav files into the tool and build the wavebank just fine, it's just that anytime i load up terraria, the music slider on the volume tab keeps forcing itself to 0%. i've run into this problem before, but that was using a completely different tool, and i don't know what i'm doing wrong with this one. another question, are there 88 songs or 89?
89. If you're only using 88 that's your issue

89. If you're only using 88 that's your issue
i see. i'm still a bit confused, though. if i try adding a 89th song, it tells me it's unknown, instead of telling me it's place in the wave bank like the others.
EDIT: nevermind, adding a random 89th song fixed it. thank you!

Last edited:
I have a bit of a problem.
So recently I made my own custom wavebank and built the xwb file, but everytime I open Terraria (With this wavebank) the music automatically goes to 0%
And when I turn up the volume, it goes back to 0 again.
I'm not sure why this happens but I just need a Perfectly not confusing solution to this.
(The wavebank size is 165mb)

I have a bit of a problem.
So recently I made my own custom wavebank and built the xwb file, but everytime I open Terraria (With this wavebank) the music automatically goes to 0%
And when I turn up the volume, it goes back to 0 again.
I'm not sure why this happens but I just need a Perfectly not confusing solution to this.
(The wavebank size is 165mb)
It is easy to solve, this problem happens because the Wavebank does not have all the remaining songs.
For example, if you eliminated “1 Night” (which you have not replaced) the game will lower its volume to 0%. I recommend making a silent .wav file, to avoid that error.

Back
Top Bottom