Biomes & Nature Quicksand Block

Kubiquity^3 🌳

Living Tree
A new block type with slow fall through physics and if submerged will kill mobs and players by suffocation. Unlike sand blocks this block will NOT fall if the block beneath it is removed. Quick sand “pools” can be found naturally in jungles, forests, underground, and even in deserts near oasis. You will have to use a bucket to gather this item but it is placed as a block. This would allow players to make very creative traps and/or secret passages. The players who encounter it will sink slowly but not too slowly as to negate its use as a hidden tunnel. This mechanic can be hastened by the player struggling to get out but not so much so as to make it impossible to escape. However holding down will make the player sink faster.

Please show support for this and comment and/or like this post. :)

Last edited:
A new block type with slow fall through physics and if deep enough will kill mobs and players by suffocation. Quick sand “pools” can be found naturally in jungles, forests, underground, and even in deserts near oasis. This would allow players to make very creative traps.

Please show support for this and comment and/or like this post. :)
This wouldn't just be cool for traps, but maybe secret passages too! (Like in some mario games)

I would rather see something like this implemented as a liquid not a block. Replace the lava in the underground desert with quicksand and prepare for a sinking feeling.
Unfortunately only one more liquid can be added to Terraria so I’ll take a block with physics as an extra “liquid“ any day of the week since a 4th liquid is already coming in the next update.

This sounds like a good idea, but it shouldn't be just like water or honey. You shouldn't be able to just jump out of it, and it shouldn't be inheritly mineable imo; you could put it in a bucket tho.

This sounds like a good idea, but it shouldn't be just like water or honey. You shouldn't be able to just jump out of it, and it shouldn't be inheritly mineable imo; you could put it in a bucket tho.
I definitely agree with you on both points. And thanks for the support.

Bahaves like minecraft's powdered snow block: placed as a block but stored in a bucket? Or at least a block that can be sunken into

Bahaves like minecraft's powdered snow block: placed as a block but stored in a bucket? Or at least a block that can be sunken into
I think of it as trudging slowly through mud. Yes…sinking slowly but not too slow as well as placed in a bucket…not mined with a pickaxe but being placed as a block. Come to think of it I think the mud should have a MILD slowing effect on the player…give the game some more physics.

Edit: Thanks for the input…I’m updating the main post.

This would be cool, but if sand only suffocated you if you were mostly submerged, you wouldn't be able to do stuff like a completely flat surface,
with a half-block of sand on top, then a full, unhammered block of sand with one block of empty space in between.
This setup allows you to troll people, because running over that half-block somehow clips you into the full block of sand.

This would be cool, but if sand only suffocated you if you were mostly submerged, you wouldn't be able to do stuff like a completely flat surface,
with a half-block of sand on top, then a full, unhammered block of sand with one block of empty space in between.
This setup allows you to troll people, because running over that half-block somehow clips you into the full block of sand.
Exactly why its not discussed that way PLUS it simply wouldnt make sense…water for instance is the same way.

Back
Top Bottom