tModLoader Qwerty's Bosses and Items

I haven't explored too many bosses and their difficulty; though a lot of them are pretty great
The Polar Exterminator is actually one of my favorite modded bosses and I really love them~
I wouldn't change a thing!

I used to use this mod a while back, and normally I would be able to roll a Buffeted prefix. But now I don't see it anymore. Was it removed, or made harder to get? Also, is there an easier way to get the right prefix you want?

I used to use this mod a while back, and normally I would be able to roll a Buffeted prefix. But now I don't see it anymore. Was it removed, or made harder to get? Also, is there an easier way to get the right prefix you want?
In the previous update Qwerty removed quite a few "redundent" prefixes, I guess that was one of them sadly

Also:

It *really* bothers me that Imperious has attacks he will not use in Single Player, is there even a reason for this? Alot of people are not going to ever see them because of this as most people still play this game in single player only (myself included)

Can you atleast add a config option for this instead if you think they're too OP for SP?

Last edited:
I removed it because it was too ovepowered, same with the dash modifers

In the previous update Qwerty removed quite a few "redundent" prefixes, I guess that was one of them sadly

Also:

It *really* bothers me that Imperious has attacks he will not use in Single Player, is there even a reason for this? Alot of people are not going to ever see them because of this as most people still play this game in single player only (myself included)

Can you atleast add a config option for this instead if you think they're too OP for SP?

he doesn't... one of its attacks isn't used in multiplayer its 'phantom ring' attack. This spawns a ring of phantom blades offscreen which fly toward the player Imperious is targeting, I was concerned that if say Imperious is going for player 1, and player 2 is offscreen of player 1 that Imperious might summon the blades directly on player 2. So instead Imperious just uses its phase 1 attacks in its second phase of multiplayer.

In short single player Imperious is the intended experience but one of its attacks could cause 'cheap unavoidable damage' in multiplayer so it won't use it there, there are no multiplayer exclusive attacks

Last edited:
I removed it because it was too ovepowered, same with the dash modifers

he doesn't... one of its attacks isn't used in multiplayer its 'phantom ring' attack. This spawns a ring of phantom blades offscreen which fly toward the player Imperious is targeting, I was concerned that if say Imperious is going for player 1, and player 2 is offscreen of player 1 that Imperious might summon the blades directly on player 2. So instead Imperious just uses its phase 1 attacks in its second phase of multiplayer.

In short single player Imperious is the intended experience but one of its attacks could cause 'cheap unavoidable damage' in multiplayer so it won't use it there, there are no multiplayer exclusive attacks
switch ((secondPhase && Main.netMode == 0) ? 2 : Main.rand.Next(2))

really now? Your changelog even stats otherwise

According to this code, Imperious uses only attack 2 in Single Player during Phase 2 (which I assume is the homing blades attack)

switch ((secondPhase && Main.netMode == 0) ? 2 : Main.rand.Next(2))

really now? Your changelog even stats otherwise

According to this code, Imperious uses only attack 2 in Single Player during Phase 2 (which I assume is the homing blades attack)
and in multiplayer it uses attacks 0 and 1 only... which were used by the first phase, notice that if 'secondPhase' is false it ignores whether you're in single or multiplayer and will randomly pick 0 or 1 anyway.

Is this the changelog you're refering too?
Code:
-When Imperious is spawned in it will start facing away from the player (should prevent Imperious from immediatly charging toward the player from offscreen at high speeds)
-Imperious will no longer use swordlagmite or swordpocalypse in its second phase in singleplayer
-Imperious's phantom ring attack will attack in 4 waves instead of 7
-Imperious is now invulnerable when transitioning to the second phase

swordlagmite and swordpocalypse are its first phase attacks, it used to use both its first phase attacks and phantom ring which was second phase exclusive, I made it to where Imperious only used its second phase attack, however since I was concerned about some issues about how the attack might act in multiplayer I disabled it in multiplayer and just used the first phase attacks.

Since in the previus version Imperious already didn't use phantom ring in multiplayer its attacks were unchanged in multiplayer and so it wasn't mentioned in the change log.

Last edited:
Hey, I can't figure out how to change back after using a Shape Shift item? I have to exit and reload the word to change back...

Hi. I just wanted to voice a few things about the mod I find good or bad, mainly because this is an awesome mod to use alongside stuff like Calamity or Ancients Awakened
- Quick Morph needs a cooldown that can't just be healed off by the nurse. I know Destroyer's not a hard boss, but being able to defeat him in under 20 seconds with the Ancient Nuke is a bit... off.
- Aerous is bad. At the time of obtaining it (assuming you fight the Dino Militia post-Plantera) you can obtain Tsunami. Not to mention the Chlorophyte Shotbow.
- I understand Hydra's meant to be an early Hardmode boss, but it's a bit too easy for some amazing loot. I beat it with a clockwork assault rifle, crystal bullets, and the ranger's Rhuthinium set, and I didn't have many issues.
- Rune Ghost, on the other hand, is a pain to fight for some bad loot. In my opinion, the only good loot are the Ice and Leech Scrolls; Ice is good for exploration while Leech is insanely good for keeping yourself alive when using faster-firing weapons (i.e. Omega Volley from Ancients Awakened). Aggro Scroll doesn't do much, and the Pursuit Scroll never came up as useful for me. Most of the rune items aren't that good, although Ring of Guns is interesting. I found Rune Ghost annoying to fight and a pain to farm because of how many projectiles end up thrown at you. Not to mention, double leech runes means he's possibly going to outheal damage.
- O.L.O.R.D. can be 'cheesed', because you can constantly buffer its attacks simply by moving away from it. You can also force it to do the same attack over and over. The Rod of Command is insane, and combos well with the Soul Rod.
I have a few other thoughts, but these are just the main things. Overall though, like I said, this mod is great to combo with bigger mods!

- Quick Morph needs a cooldown that can't just be healed off by the nurse. I know Destroyer's not a hard boss, but being able to defeat him in under 20 seconds with the Ancient Nuke is a bit... off.
I will look into this.

- Aerous is bad. At the time of obtaining it (assuming you fight the Dino Militia post-Plantera) you can obtain Tsunami. Not to mention the Chlorophyte Shotbow.
Tsunami is supposed to be a post golem weapon I am in no way making the bow comparable to that.
Its on the same tier as the chlorphyte shotbow, and so I made it be a sidegrade to it. It doesn't have the same single target dps but if you need crowd control, you can use jester's arrows with it. Honestly I've been thinking about just straight up removing it since its old content I don't really care about.

- I understand Hydra's meant to be an early Hardmode boss, but it's a bit too easy for some amazing loot. I beat it with a clockwork assault rifle, crystal bullets, and the ranger's Rhuthinium set, and I didn't have many issues.
Some of the weapons got tweaked in an update that just came out yesterday, they are supposed to be on the same tier as mech weapons.

- Rune Ghost, on the other hand, is a pain to fight for some bad loot. In my opinion, the only good loot are the Ice and Leech Scrolls; Ice is good for exploration while Leech is insanely good for keeping yourself alive when using faster-firing weapons (i.e. Omega Volley from Ancients Awakened). Aggro Scroll doesn't do much, and the Pursuit Scroll never came up as useful for me. Most of the rune items aren't that good, although Ring of Guns is interesting. I found Rune Ghost annoying to fight and a pain to farm because of how many projectiles end up thrown at you. Not to mention, double leech runes means he's possibly going to outheal damage.
Rune ghost is going to get a major AI and loot overhaul in the next major update. Its ai and loot have remained virtually unchanged for years.

- O.L.O.R.D. can be 'cheesed', because you can constantly buffer its attacks simply by moving away from it. You can also force it to do the same attack over and over. The Rod of Command is insane, and combos well with the Soul Rod.
I have a few other thoughts, but these are just the main things. Overall though, like I said, this mod is great to combo with bigger mods!
I will look into the 'cheese'.
OLORD drops are supposed to be insane, they're on the same tier as moonlord gear.

Also if you haven't already would you mind taking the boss survey?
The Bosses of Qwerty's Bosses and Items

You need to use a transmutator, crafted from meteorite bars and fallen stars.
Blace demonite/crimtane ore above the transmutator, and wait until night where it will slowly be turned into lune ore.

This is an amazing mod! I'm pretty late into pre-hardmore with it and a few other mods, and I only have one concern. The Staff of Job seems a bit too powerful. I think its damage could be decreased a bit and still be a satisfying reward for beating Noehtnap.

Edit: Maybe its mana cost could be increased instead of a damage decrease?

You might have already been alerted to it on your Discord server, but the Doppleganger is bugged. I can't even mouse over it in my inventory will instantly dying. I had to use a mod to open the inventory on death to even look at it. It had no modifier. I run with so many other mods, I don't know if there's an odd interaction happening. I checked the wiki and found this is only supposed to happen on reforging, since I noticed the Goblin Tinkerer died for seemingly no reason. I thought maybe the boss bag spawned it with a prefix, but it had none. Is this feature really worth it if it can bug like this? You're basically forced to deposit the item in a chest via Deposit All to get it out of your inventory without mousing over it.

Back
Top Bottom