Items Rage candle

R4G3 RED

Terrarian
I’m not very sure where or who to contact. I was told in discord to go to the forums to talk about a possible game addition, The concept is a rage candle, I’m thinking it would spawn randomly in the jungle temple, similar to how the water candle is in the dungeon. but instead of the enemy spawn rates being buffed, this would buff enemy health and defense, but also double enemy health, defense, and drop rates.

This is only a rough idea and if your open to the idea I’d be happy to help animate and design the candle...

Feel free to contact me on discord as I don’t read my email
R4G3 RED#4136

Here is a rough skin I made for it

Attachments

• 72E79AC2-B537-4F71-BA6A-AE79571442AB.jpeg
    72E79AC2-B537-4F71-BA6A-AE79571442AB.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 76
Though it behaves similar to expert mode, if you go in expert mode close to the candle then is enemy health 4x doubled.
Maybe you should give the candle another ability instead of increasing health. Because, The expert mode players don't want enemies with 4x the normal mode health.

Increasing defense is a bad move, probably. The game is balanced for the defence levels there normally are. Higher defense means that weapons that do low damage but hit many times get worse much faster than slower, high-damage weapons.

Yes, if you want to increase the challenge without breaking too much stuff in half, you should only increase enemy max HP. Increasing defense is unfair towards certain weapons.

In fact, defense on enemies was an unhealthy mechanic to begin with, but as I discussed with Loki on discord, it's too firmly entrenched in the current game for us to rework at this point. Bit of a shame, really.

In fact, defense on enemies was an unhealthy mechanic to begin with, but as I discussed with Loki on discord, it's too firmly entrenched in the current game for us to rework at this point. Bit of a shame, really.
More armour-penetrating items are needed I think, but let's not get off topic here.

Reactions: Bry
I think it would make more sense if it doubled enemy damage instead of health and defense although this may be a bit over powered.

Back
Top Bottom