Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crafting materials are too valuable

• It needs more info

• Total voters

ethovoid

Golem
I made a new weapon called the Rainbow Blade! I will show you the stuff.

(Sprite)
56e40f2b-71e5-11e5-9f95-fbc6e9cc4ebc.gif

(Stats)
Damage: 60 (Melee)
Knockback: 4.5
Critical Chance: 5%
Use Time: 18
Velocity: 13
Tooltip: Launches a multi-colored bullet of light
Rarity:
Rarity_color_5_big.png

Sell: 3
Gold_Coin.png

(Projectile)
fd130085-71e4-11e5-87ef-fbc6e9cc4ebc.gif

The projectile does 43 damage. It takes 0.5 seconds to recharge.

(Crafting)
Crafting Station: Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil
x5 Unicorn Horn
x10 Soul of Light
x1 Beam Sword
x10 Hallowed Bar
x1 Chlorophyte Bar
x10 Soul of Sight

Tell me if you like it or have suggestions. Thanks a lot! :D

vvCOPY THIS TO SUPPORTvv

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-13_19-20-44.png
    upload_2015-10-13_19-20-44.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
This is great! Also when it says enchanted sword/beam sword I say stick with beam sword personally because enchanted swords are not always in a world. There are shrines but they can be fake swords and to get this weapon you have to get another world. Besides that I say you have my full support. good job!

The crafting recipe is rather random... Why glass and Souls of Sight? They don't seem relevant.

The base damage of 76 also makes it more powerful than other swords at the same tier. It looks like this is intended to be a sword for after you've defeated one mechanical boss. But compare this to the Excalibur, Cutlass, Death Sickle (50 / 49 / 57 respectively; one mech boss), or even some swords that require defeating all mechanical bosses or Plantera. Beam Sword already has a somewhat high base damage for its tier (52), so it'd be difficult to increase its attack much without using a later game item such as Chlorophyte in its recipe.
I'd suggest lowering its base attack to about 60. Furthermore, I *think* all sword beams have the damage as their sword counterpart, so there's probably no need for it have separate damage.

I do like the sprite and idea though! A Hallowed theme sword would be nice.

This is an acceptable ideas but there are regions you can possibly improve on:

-Higher Use Time
-Pixie dust seems weird
-Too much Chlorophyte
-Damage is a tiny bit too high, how about 60 or 58?

Other than that, nice job!

The crafting recipe is rather random... Why glass and Souls of Sight? They don't seem relevant.

The base damage of 76 also makes it more powerful than other swords at the same tier. It looks like this is intended to be a sword for after you've defeated one mechanical boss. But compare this to the Excalibur, Cutlass, Death Sickle (50 / 49 / 57 respectively; one mech boss), or even some swords that require defeating all mechanical bosses or Plantera. Beam Sword already has a somewhat high base damage for its tier (52), so it'd be difficult to increase its attack much without using a later game item such as Chlorophyte in its recipe.
I'd suggest lowering its base attack to about 60. Furthermore, I *think* all sword beams have the damage as their sword counterpart, so there's probably no need for it have separate damage.

I do like the sprite and idea though! A Hallowed theme sword would be nice.
I improved!! If you want, you can help support by copying this picture to your signature!

[DOUBLEPOST=1444782485,1444782381][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is an acceptable ideas but there are regions you can possibly improve on:

-Higher Use Time
-Pixie dust seems weird
-Too much Chlorophyte
-Damage is a tiny bit too high, how about 60 or 58?

Other than that, nice job!
I fixed all of that except for the Pixie Dust. The Pixie Dust is used for the Hallowish tone of the Rainbow Blade. If you want, you can copy this pic into your signature to help support!

[DOUBLEPOST=1444782544][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is great! Also when it says enchanted sword/beam sword I say stick with beam sword personally because enchanted swords are not always in a world. There are shrines but they can be fake swords and to get this weapon you have to get another world. Besides that I say you have my full support. good job!
Thanks! You can copy this pic to help support me!

[DOUBLEPOST=1444782603][/DOUBLEPOST]
Add some hardmode boss souls our hallow bars to make it post mech it's kinda OP pre mech
I understand your complaint. I have added Hallow Bars to the weapon. If you want, you can help support me by copying this pic!

Why glass and Souls of Sight? They don't seem relevant.

You might be right on the glass, but you need Souls of Sight to craft certain items that have no relevance to the item whatsoever.

Anyways, on the suggestion itself, I think the Beam Sword item in the recipe should be changed to a material instead of a weapon, like some Crystal Shards.

Back
Top Bottom