Rainbow Cursor as the actual cursor!

Anion

Terrarian
This isn't really a texture pack, but I thought it went here.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ZIP FILE, THIS IS NOT A TEXTURE PACK

It replaces the cursor with the icon of the Rainbow Cursor!

The images below show the cursors, and how they look, Cursor_0 is the default cursor simply replaced with a mirrored version of the RC icon.
Cursor_0.png
Cursor_1.png

Cursor_1 is the smart mode cursor, feel free to download the images of them and edit them to however you like!

If you do edit it you can turn the .png files into .xnb (to put them in your game) using this png to xnb converter!

A full guide on how to make custom cursor can be found here.
Guide to install the cursors is in the .zip file.

Have fun!

EDIT: I have linked below a .zip called "RainbowCursorResize.zip" it is a version of the first zip file but instead shrunk down to the normal cursor size.

EDIT 2: @BadPiggy1024 has made a texture pack version of this! I tried making one but it turns out it only works with the small version of the cursor, so no texture pack for the larger cursor, thank you pig!
(FILE LINKED BELOW AS "Rainbow Cursor Resized TP.zip" IF YOU HAVE ONLY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW. (the TP one is a actual texture pack, do not extract it anywhere, put the zip in the resource/texture pack folder.)

Attachments

• RainbowCursor.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 10,650
  • RainbowCursorResize.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 2,323
  • RainbowCursorResizeTP.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,486
Last edited:
looks great but didnt work
text archive inside rar :
Navigate to your Terraria game folder, you can find the folder by going to steam in your steam library, right clicking, then clicking on properties, then local files, then browse local files.
After that, open the Content folder, then Images, then UI.
Click on view at the top of your file explorer and make sure "File name extensions" is turned on.
Find Cursor_0.xnb and Cursor_1.xnb in the UI folder, then rename then to Cursor_1.xnb.bak and Cursor_0.xnb.bak to back up your original cursor, or simply copy the files elsewhere.
Then take the Cursor_0.xnb and Cursor_1.xnb from this zip file (Don't put the PNG files in.) and extract it into the UI folder, and replace the original ones, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE BACKED IT UP.

Then it should work in-game! If there is a weird outline you have to go to the Cursor settings in-game and open Border Settings then slide every slider to the left, it should fix it. If it doesn't work message me on the Terraria Forums.
If the color is messed up, open settings and go to Cursor Color, then slide the top 2 sliders to the left, and the bottom slider to the right. Feel free to mess with the coloring if you like.

And yeah! I think that's about it!

PS: If you lose your original cursor files delete Cursor_0 and Cursor_1 from the UI folder, then open Steam and go to Terraria, then right click and go to properties, then local files, and verify the game integrity, it should restore the files and be normal again.

Since the original one was 26x26 for the normal, and 36x36 for the smart mouse, here's another version of the rescale except where the normal one is 14x14 (normal sized) and the smart one is 24x24.

Attachments

• RainbowCursorResize2.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 396
im having issues with (i already tried but idk if im making something wrong lol) :
-Click on view at the top of your file explorer and make sure "File name extensions" is turned on.
-Find Cursor_0.xnb and Cursor_1.xnb in the UI folder,
then rename then to Cursor_1.xnb.bak and Cursor_0.xnb.bak to back up your original cursor, or simply copy the files elsewhere.

im having issues with (i already tried but idk if im making something wrong lol) :
-Click on view at the top of your file explorer and make sure "File name extensions" is turned on.
-Find Cursor_0.xnb and Cursor_1.xnb in the UI folder,
then rename then to Cursor_1.xnb.bak and Cursor_0.xnb.bak to back up your original cursor, or simply copy the files elsewhere.
@iTsMeGarek
Could you tell me what's going wrong here?

actually garek, if you mean the files in the game arent there then i actually dont know what to do, if the game is installed on your C: drive, (default drive for laptops and some prebuilt desktops) then it should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content\Images\UI"
If there is nothing in that folder then try verify your games integrity in the local files section of the properties,
But steam should be telling you where the game is installed if you did the instructions. (right-click terraria in steam library>properties>local files>browse local files

actually garek, if you mean the files in the game arent there then i actually dont know what to do, if the game is installed on your C: drive, (default drive for laptops and some prebuilt desktops) then it should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content\Images\UI"
If there is nothing in that folder then try verify your games integrity in the local files section of the properties,
But steam should be telling you where the game is installed if you did the instructions. (right-click terraria in steam library>properties>local files>browse local files
thanks , now i can play with the new cursor :D

always imagined using the real rainbow cursor, great work!
btw i made a .zip file that can be used as a texture pack ingame, so you can just put the .zip in ResourcePacks folder instead of replacing .xnb files.

Edit: seems that texture packs is not compatible with bigger sprites (since the original file for smart cursor is 14x14), so you still have to replace the Cursor_1.xnb manually.

Attachments

• RainbowCursorResize.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
always imagined using the real rainbow cursor, great work!
btw i made a .zip file that can be used as a texture pack ingame, so you can just put the .zip in ResourcePacks folder instead of replacing .xnb files.

Edit: seems that texture packs is not compatible with bigger sprites (since the original file for smart cursor is 14x14), so you still have to replace the Cursor_1.xnb manually.
Oh, I see, I tried making the main version of it into a texture pack and it didn't work, so I assumed it wouldn't work on other things, thank you for letting me know.
@BadPiggy1024

This isn't really a texture pack, but I thought it went here.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ZIP FILE, THIS IS NOT A TEXTURE PACK

It replaces the cursor with the icon of the Rainbow Cursor!

The images below show the cursors, and how they look, Cursor_0 is the default cursor simply replaced with a mirrored version of the RC icon.
View attachment 294630View attachment 294631
Cursor_1 is the smart mode cursor, feel free to download the images of them and edit them to however you like!

If you do edit it you can turn the .png files into .xnb (to put them in your game) using this png to xnb converter!

A full guide on how to make custom cursor can be found here.
Guide to install the cursors is in the .zip file.

Have fun!

EDIT: I have linked below a .zip called "RainbowCursorResize.zip" it is a version of the first zip file but instead shrunk down to the normal cursor size.

EDIT 2: @BadPiggy1024 has made a texture pack version of this! I tried making one but it turns out it only works with the small version of the cursor, so no texture pack for the larger cursor, thank you pig!
(FILE LINKED BELOW AS "Rainbow Cursor Resized TP.zip" IF YOU HAVE ONLY PROBLEMS LET ME KNOW. (the TP one is a actual texture pack, do not extract it anywhere, put the zip in the resource/texture pack folder.)
i fixed a few errors with the pack, but this is a working pack (tested over and over to fix it) if you check how its set up, you will notice that the cursor sprites are in a subfolder named UI. that is where the original cursor files are found (the texture pack has to have the new texture in an exact replica of the original contents folder)

Attachments

• Cursor change.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 251
Back
Top Bottom