Casual Random Chitchat Thread

At least my language is smart enough to have given them different words, well, to an extent anyway.

At least my language is smart enough to have given them different words, well, to an extent anyway.
Loads of things share a name with something which is absurd compared to the actual thing so why suddenly focus on donuts

They were saying it was donuts and doughnuts
But english isn't my language.

And those are?
Munkki (Which is always used for the holeless one (But unfortunately because humans are idiots also the holey ones) and also means monk) & donitsi (Which is almost never used but is exclusively for the holey ones. (Literally has no other meaning.))

But then there's also the fact your moon is six tree. (I won't explain this one, but I'm sure you'll be able to find the (rather old) thing I'm referencing with this.)

But english isn't my language.

Munkki (Which is always used for the holeless one (But unfortunately because humans are idiots also the holey ones) and also means monk) & donitsi (Which is almost never used but is exclusively for the holey ones. (Literally has no other meaning.))

But then there's also the fact your moon is six tree. (I won't explain this one, but I'm sure you'll be able to find the (rather old) thing I'm referencing with this.)
1659685037736.gif

I- that just sounds like a really good eclair dude
_ _
‘_‘
It's possible the people in the town I live in don't know the difference between a doughnut and an éclair…
That, or they just take hotdog rolls and add filling (like caramel or custard or cream).
Some South Africans be too lazy to make proper doughnuts. -_-

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any round doughnuts in any of this town's shops at all.

Please tell me you're at least not calling a sausage a hotdog.
Not unless it's on a hotdog roll.

It's possible the people in the town I live in don't know the difference between a doughnut and an éclair…
That, or they just take hotdog rolls and add filling (like caramel or custard or cream).
Some South Africans be too lazy to make proper doughnuts. -_-

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any round doughnuts in any of this town's shops at all.

Not unless it's on a hotdog roll.
I mean I’ve had banana white chocolate pasties XD

The doughnut is derived from the Dutch olikoek (Americanized form: olycoke). The defining characteristic is that they're cooked by frying in hot oil, deep fat, or lard; "olikoek" = oil-cake.

There are yeast doughnuts, which are light and have bubble-holes in the interior like baguette, and denser cake doughnuts, typically flavored with mace (ground nutmeg covering, more or less) like yellow cake. The filled ones are more often yeast, since the cake ones tend to break up too easily to hold filling well.

Few things are as delicious as a Krispy Kreme glazed (yeast) doughnut, still fairly hot but cooled enough to be eaten, grabbed by the attendant as it rides down the conveyor belt in the back of the store. When I was young one or two of these would power me on bicycle all over the city. The raspberry or lemon jelly-filled ones are also wonderful.

BEHOLD.

For me, "donut" and "doughnut" refers to the same thing (or food). It's just a matter of personal preference, like when one prefers to call a building where many people lives a flat, apartment, or dormitory. A synonym to put it simply. Though most people here call both the one with hole and not "donut" (or "donat" to be precise).

Anyway, I like the donut with the oreo topping.

Back
Top Bottom