Random Drops to 30 FPS

Myth

Terrarian
I've noticed, per the latest patch 1.3.4 (might be because of 1.3.4.2 as well) that I get random drops to 30 FPS once in a while that last for a few seconds and returns to the normal 60 after a while.

I can normally play 1920x1080 just fine with Trippy, but I'm playing windowed at 1280x720 with Color and it's having some issues staying at 60. It's not like my PC can't run the game because for the past few years I've never had any troubles with running Terraria. I can usually record at 720p 60 FPS without any issues but as of 1.3.4(.2?) I will get random dips to 30, exactly 30 because I've got F10 enabled when I see it drop.

Any things I can do to fix this or should I wait for another hotfix?

I had the same issue, except it would not go away until I alt-tabbed and came back. Very strange.

It comlpetely stopped since I finished my updates for Windows and Drivers (NVidia video card in my case)

Try updating them...Good luck

I've noticed, per the latest patch 1.3.4 (might be because of 1.3.4.2 as well) that I get random drops to 30 FPS once in a while that last for a few seconds and returns to the normal 60 after a while.

I can normally play 1920x1080 just fine with Trippy, but I'm playing windowed at 1280x720 with Color and it's having some issues staying at 60. It's not like my PC can't run the game because for the past few years I've never had any troubles with running Terraria. I can usually record at 720p 60 FPS without any issues but as of 1.3.4(.2?) I will get random dips to 30, exactly 30 because I've got F10 enabled when I see it drop.

Any things I can do to fix this or should I wait for another hotfix?

Delete your json files and let them refresh.

Back
Top Bottom