Random Inquiries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The True Destroyer

The Destroyer
Hello all... I've been around a little while now and thought it would be fun to start one of these! I usually don't have much activity on these forums... I'm thinking that this will be a fun way to change that.
Of course, I'm not going to disclose personal information, but this is still a pretty open place. I will decide, upon reading each question, whether or not to answer. Anyway, ask away - I'll be around.

Edit:
Having explained some of my own background, I'll now take mostly toward less personal questions, such as those Terraria-related, casual, or the like. Further information may be shared if I decide.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, my personal role doesn't involve much straight-up destroying. I usually provide support and defense for larger, more surface-vulnerable ships like carriers. I have shot down several aircraft and participated in some shore bombardments, but that's about it.
Ships like me, we're always the ones called to scuttle our crippled comrades.

Oh. Them. Yea, all of us hate 'em. They're really good fire starters, and in a bad way.

They weren't the only. Manned torpedoes, midget subs, all that stuff. It was a pain.
Trying not to be rude/offensive.

I did once, long ago. But now, I'm no longer known simply as another destroyer, for I've been different for a long time. I haven't been documented in papers or files for that reason.

I did once, long ago. But now, I'm no longer known simply as another destroyer, for I've been different for a long time. I haven't been documented in papers or files for that reason.

Do you think the US truly had Naval superiority in WW2? When you look into some of the Japanese technology and experience kind of makes you wonder.

Do you think the US truly had Naval superiority in WW2? When you look into some of the Japanese technology and experience kind of makes you wonder.
I think a lot of it wasn't through superior technology but strategy and sometimes, exploiting/simply accepting how the enemy behaved. Certain parts of Japanese technology had no rival in the US Navy's arsenal, and as a result were very effective against the US. However, in the end technology did have a certain effect - if you looked into their anti-air strategies compared to US detection systems, you'd see a noticeable difference.
In the end, after so many defeats, the IJN was simply too drained of resources to continue, and that was what rendered it crippled and unable to support Japan in the rest of the war.

What do you think of the Russian navy?
I haven't actually been taught much on that front. I know that at the dawn of WW2, a good deal of their technology was either outdated or repurposed. They used older ships for other resourceful purposes, while also receiving materiel from the Allies. They also had a powerful naval infantry, capable of performing various land operations.

As for the modern navy, their technology is more advanced, with several larger active ships such as the Kirov-class guided missile / battlecruisers, which are now the largest and heaviest surface combatants in active service anywhere in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom