IC Random Journey in The Universe (IC)

"Hm."

He glances back to Servi and the others, talking quieter to just Dark.

"What do you think of the newcomers?"

He's still just holding Violet in a big bear hug
"(...they seem alright, just very mistrustful of us at the moment.)"
Dark puts his hand to his chin in thought.
"(Some of them seem promisingly powerful, would be nice additions to the resistance...)"
"(But, well. Not sure they're very interested; not gonna force them to join or anything.)"
"(They seem alright though.)"

Vinessa, meanwhile, heads over to Dark now.
"...Dark, as your friend, I am now legally requiring you to rest."
"What?"
Vinessa just sighs, giving Dark a death glare.
"You're poisoned now. And while it has yet to take an effect, I know darn well you'd be stupid enough to try and power through it once it starts being a problem."
"..."
"I'll take care of things here, got that?"
"...alright then..."
Vinessa shoos Dark off, who sort of just heads over to a tree to sit down by it.

"...anywho."

Vinessa just looks at Arentine.
"What's with you holding the armadillo, Arentine?"

"This is Violet."

"Say hi Violet!"

He sounds super gleeful as he extends Violet out to face Vinessa, the thing easily a foot longer than she is tall.
Vinessa just looks blankly at Violet and Arentine.
"..."
"...what-"

Vinessa stops herself promptly though, remembering that she is, in fact, filling in for Dark as she clears her throat.
"..."
"Um. Hi...?"

Vinessa just looks blankly at Violet and Arentine.
"..."
"...what-"

Vinessa stops herself promptly though, remembering that she is, in fact, filling in for Dark as she clears her throat.
"..."
"Um. Hi...?"
It tilts its head, then makes a weird sort of growl/bark/hiss sound at Vinessa.

Vinessa just backs off a bit, before shaking her head a bit to focus, looking back at Arentine.
"...Look. You keep an eye on the crates, meanwhile..."
Vinessa looks back at Mela, and then at the newcomers.
"...I'm going to figure out who's doing what."

Vinessa heads off to head over to Nick, Thompson, Jack, and Ertwin.

"Oh don't say that! Have you no manners?"

He then holds Violet under one arm, like a piece of luggage.

Vinessa just backs off a bit, before shaking her head a bit to focus, looking back at Arentine.
Arentine nods before walking off with Violet to to stand by the crates.

"Oh don't say that! Have you no manners?"

He then holds Violet under one arm, like a piece of luggage.

Arentine nods before walking off with Violet to to stand by the crates.
*Mela can't stop herself from snickering. The contrasting nature of this incredibly tall armored person holding a mutant armadillo like a cat is quite funny to her.*

<I guess armadillo's are pet animals?>

Vinessa heads off to head over to Nick, Thompson, Jack, and Ertwin.
*Mela stays by the van, continuing to search it in a (likely) vain attempt to find an anti-venom, even doubling back to compartments she knows she's checked, while occasionally glancing over at Dark to see if he's alright.*

*Mela stays by the van, continuing to search it in a (likely) vain attempt to find an anti-venom, even doubling back to compartments she knows she's checked, while occasionally glancing over at Dark to see if he's alright.*
Vinessa stops for a moment to glance in her direction.
“…Mela, didn’t you and Dark not find anything there?”

Vinessa stops for a moment to glance in her direction.
“…Mela, didn’t you and Dark not find anything there?”
*Mela sighs and gives up her search, stepping out of the van.*

"Unfortunately. Wanted to look back through to see if I could find anything, even though I knew I wouldn't. My bad?"

*Now without anything to do, Mela goes to sit down with Dark.*

"Venom sucks, doesn't it? Feeling like your lifeforce is getting sapped away by just existing is unpleasant, at least in my opinion."

*Mela sighs and gives up her search, stepping out of the van.*

"Unfortunately. Wanted to look back through to see if I could find anything, even though I knew I wouldn't. My bad?"
“Uh…”
Vinessa just watches Mela for a bit, before going off to actually speak to Jack and Thompson and the rest of the group that partook in the chase earlier.

*Now without anything to do, Mela goes to sit down with Dark.*

"Venom sucks, doesn't it? Feeling like your lifeforce is getting sapped away by just existing is unpleasant, at least in my opinion."
Dark sighs and nods, putting his hat back on from his storage portal.
“…kind of, yeah.”
“Not all familiar with it directly, since um. Usually I’d be able to regenerate well enough to eliminate it, but…well, ever since being taken away from my home world, seems my shifting abilities are…significantly diminished.”
“Haven’t fought a lot of people who use poisons, and XFOS weapon users…hm. Not sure those count as venoms…”

Dark sighs and nods, putting his hat back on from his storage portal.
“…kind of, yeah.”
“Not all familiar with it directly, since um. Usually I’d be able to regenerate well enough to eliminate it, but…well, ever since being taken away from my home world, seems my shifting abilities are…significantly diminished.”
“Haven’t fought a lot of people who use poisons, and XFOS weapon users…hm. Not sure those count as venoms…”
"Huh, you have inherent regeneration? How? There aren't many things from my world that can just regenerate like that. I certainly can't, or else a sixth of me wouldn't be metal. I'm guessing regeneration is common where you're from?"

"Oh, and you said something about XFOS? Another thing from your world?"

"Huh, you have inherent regeneration? How? There aren't many things from my world that can just regenerate like that. I certainly can't, or else a sixth of me wouldn't be metal. I'm guessing regeneration is common where you're from?"

"Oh, and you said something about XFOS? Another thing from your world?"
"Shifters are kind of all over the place back on Arth. Sort of a natural consequence of being able to shapeshift, with magic-empowered catalysing of your entire metabolism to accelerate mitosis and all that science stuff."
"And er, yeah. XFOS is...another thing from my world that cancels out magic. It's a chemical you can, for lack of a better word, imbue weapons with to inflict wounds shifters can't regenerate on account of its anti-magical properties."

Back
Top Bottom