IC Random Role Play by Unpopular Guy

FrostbiteCalling128

Brain of Cthulhu
(OOC) I have participated in roleplays before, and I have tried to organize some previously, however nobody was interested so I dont have a lot of practice with this. Alright, let's start.

(Backstory) Erik had come a long way since he was a child, having grown into the man he was today. He looked back at those memories fondly, and realises how much he misses those times. His expertise in many different types of combat made him a formidable foe, to say the least, until that terrible night...

[Inside Erik's house. It's raining outside, but the fireplace is cozy.]
Erik: So what do you think about this mission they're sending us on?
(Enter Valerie. Erik's SO, she is a powerful ranged weapon user.)
Valerie: I still don't know what to make of it. I understand that the goblins are experimenting with some dangerous magic, but why a full-on assault?
Erik, drinking water, does not reply.
Valerie: I mean, seriously. That was all they could think of?
Erik sits down.
Erik: It doesn't really matter, does it? As long as we stop them.
He holds out his arms, gives her a hug, and goes up to bed. Valerie sits there, wondering if this is actually a good idea at all.

[The next day. The team, consisting of Erik, Valerie, and some recruits they chose to help the mission. They are currently waiting on top of a hill near a goblin base/facility, where they occasionally see chaos balls fly out of the buildings.]
Recruit A: We have just returned from our recon, sir.
Erik: Excellent. Any news?
Recruit B: Not much, sir. All I was able to see is that they have been practicing with some sort of purple fire.
Erik: Thank you, recruit.

[A few hours later. It is now nighttime, and starting to rain.]

Erik: Looks like they're starting to go somewhere. Let's go!
Everybody stood for a second, shocked, but soon followed suit.
As they are running down, Valerie starts shooting with her Clockwork AR. Most of the goblins start to scramble, but one of the mages blasts Valerie with a few Chaos Balls. She is knocked over by the force of it, and her breathing starts to slow.
Erik: NO!
He runs to her side and picks her up. Everything seems to be in slow motion.
Erik, crying, whispering: No, please, you can't die like this. Please don't die on me, Valerie, please.
Valerie is still just laying there, her breathing getting slower and slower. She grabs Erik's shirt and pulls him closer.
Valerie, whispering: Please.. Carry on... Just make sure.. Don't let me die.. *coughing* in vain...
She takes in one final breath, as she looks up in the sky.
Valerie: The stars are beautiful tonight.
Erik, still crying, nods in agreement.
And she exhales one last time, as her eyes fall out of focus, reflecting the night sky.

[4 years later]

Erik is being sent out on another mission. His objective? Inhabit the New World, known as Mistfall, and defeat the evils that lurk there. And so that is where it all begins...

When he arrives, he immediately realises two things: he doesn't have his normal gear on him, nor any of his backup gear. The only thing he has other than the standard copper tools (w/ shortsword, no hammer) is an obelisk. He looks around, and sees a fairly tall hill with a sort of overhang. The digs a tunnel running up through the hill to the top. He then places the obelisk and writes on it:
R. I. P. Valerie. The body of a soldier with the heart of a lover.
He then begins chopping down trees and building some houses. For right now, he just needs to get some better gear and some houses for Brian, the Guide.

When he arrives, he immediately realises two things: he doesn't have his normal gear on him, nor any of his backup gear. The only thing he has other than the standard copper tools (w/ shortsword, no hammer) is an obelisk. He looks around, and sees a fairly tall hill with a sort of overhang. The digs a tunnel running up through the hill to the top. He then places the obelisk and writes on it:
R. I. P. Valerie. The body of a soldier with the heart of a lover.
He then begins chopping down trees and
building some houses. For right now, he just needs to get some better gear and some houses for Brian, the Guide.
This is where the introduction of a new character is implied. If anybody wants to join in, please, do it now!

I'll join, more for a comic relief reason.

Name: Jutz
Backstory: A kid who always wanted to be a comedian. Nothing else special.
Personality: Can put humour into any situation. Not necessarily at the right times, though.
Other: (S)he's rockin' the hypno goggles look!

Last edited:
I'll join, more for a comic relief reason.

Name: Jutz
Backstory: A kid who always wanted to be a comedian. Nothing else special.
Personality: Can put humour into any situation. Not necessarily at the right times, though.
Other: (S)he's rockin' the hypno goggles look!
Lmao, cool! I think just you for now should work well. I think it might be a little weird, though; Erik is right now like 23, but ok.

*You hear footsteps behind you. You turn round, and see me.*
"I didn't know the church had job vacancies for grave diggers. Can I apply?"
*I nod towards a chapel that you swear wasn't there before.*

*You hear footsteps behind you. You turn round, and see me.*
"I didn't know the church had job vacancies for grave diggers. Can I apply?"
*I nod towards a chapel that you swear wasn't there before.*
Erik: Hey there. I uh... No, i don't work there. How did that thing even get here in the first place? It wasn't here a minute ago..

"The name's Jutz!"
*I hold out my hand*
"Or maybe it isn't! With me, you never can be sure!"
Erik is hesitant to shake his (his hand? Her hand? Their face kept shifting features) hand. But he does, and he is confused. Nothing about the person standing in front of him made sense.
Erik: So uh... Did the crew send you up here to discover this world too?

"What crew? What world? This one, obviously. What other worlds are there? Exactly!" *There is a long pause* "OOOOHHHH, THAT crew. No, I just found this world down the back of the couch when I looking for the TV remote."

"What crew? What world? This one, obviously. What other worlds are there? Exactly!" *There is a long pause* "OOOOHHHH, THAT crew. No, I just found this world down the back of the couch when I looking for the TV remote."
He is even more confused now, but he closes his eyes and shakes his head.
Erik: Okay. Can you at least tell me how that got there?
He gestures towards the chapel.

"I've got stuff to do. Bye!" *I run away, picking up the cardboard cutout of a chapel as I go to do... well... WHO KNOWS WHAT?!*
Erik is dumbfounded.
Erik: What the.. Wait! Hey, wait!
He starts running after him, as Jutz stops and turns around.
Erik (breathing heavy): Hey... Is there civilization out there?

"Civilisation out where? And no, I found it next to a tree. Maybe it could be useful?"

* I craft a Workbench, place it, put the chapel on top and whack it with a hammer*

It transforms into three stacks of paper.

"See? Super useful!"

Erik: What...
He shakes his head.
Erik: Okay, sure, why not. What I mean to say is, have you spotted any sort of civilization anywhere in the world?
He looks around, spreading his hands.
Erik: Like, ANYWHERE.

Back
Top Bottom